• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Farewell GG

Think of this forum like a Spurs pub if you will.

It may be made up of many tables and some bar staff (the mods).

It's not a 1 table of people who all share the same opinion or who all sit down and debate in an orderly manner. Each table contains different people and different arguments. You get your rowdy feckers and your quiet thinkers, etc...

The only difference I guess is that people can be rowdier here as they won't get glassed and perhaps that the mods have to keep it orderly but don't walk away at the end of the day with a pay packet. The landlord Scara still has to pay the rent but he has camera's in the loos so he's still happy...

Well this place has changed ! First time ive logged in a for a good while , first impressions : My eyes hurt ...........

Think of this forum like a Spurs pub if you will.

It may be made up of many tables and some bar staff (the mods).

It's not a 1 table of people who all share the same opinion or who all sit down and debate in an orderly manner. Each table contains different people and different arguments. You get your rowdy feckers and your quiet thinkers, etc...

The only difference I guess is that people can be rowdier here as they won't get glassed and perhaps that the mods have to keep it orderly but don't walk away at the end of the day with a pay packet. The landlord Scara still has to pay the rent but he has camera's in the loos so he's still happy...

[-X

Just in case anyone is review the footage from the cameras (or camera's as Papercut calls them ;) ) I was merely shaking, alright, granted it went on for a while but I swear I was only shaking the drops off.

May also explain why the number of female posters dropped off, Scara was streaming the feed straight to Jon!

Long time lurker here.

The banter and the personal jabs are what make GG different and fun IMO. Some of the other spurs boards are so vanilla and bland. It gets personal, yes, but if you can't handle it then you probably shouldn't post here. Post at your own risk basically.

I think the mods do a good job generally of controlling threads... It can sometimes be frustrating when every thread devolves into basically the same debate between basically the same people, but as has been said it's like a pub in here and that's often what happens at a pub.

Let's face it all these spurs boards are pretty mundane during the off season and there isnt really any point to coming here at all... (yet i keep coming :-") bring on Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

I don't agree. Consistent views are very important in the art of debating. And someone's past criteria/opinions are critically important to how seriously they should be taken in the present. It's not perception, it's fact. Most things can NOT be taken into isolation.

There are cases where the above doesn't apply though, specifically in match rating threads where players should be rated with exactly the same criteria from match to match. It annoys me immensely when a good player has an average game but gets terrible scores because he wasn't his usual good self, and when a youngster comes in makes loads of mistakes but everyone rates him highly because he did a couple of stand out things. Age, past form, whether you like a player or not etc. should have no bearing on what they are rated. I freely admit I don't rate Walker, Ekotto and Kaboul as highly as most on here (and often feel that their scores get massively over rated for average contributions for example) but at one time or another I have rated them as high as an 8 (and in Kaboul's case a couple of 9's). There is one poster on here who never rates on player above a 6, even if it's clear he was MOTM. I guess at least he is consistent though!

They're not important at all.
If you having a conversation about whether we prefer sandwiches cut in triangle or horizontally. If someone likes triangles the first time its discussed and then prefers them cut horizontally the next day doesn't make either opinion invalid. Its what they think at that time. People change. Their opinions change.

Why? Because of a couple of unnecessary comments? All is needed is for a moderator to delete those comments and slap the wrists of the author. Certainly no need for any locking/merging etc.

Which is all well and good, IF the mods patrolled this place 24/7.

I've said it to countless posters time and again, we have lives too. This isn't our full-time job, and many of us patrol via phones which don't allow the full moderating capabilities we need.

It is times like this we need YOU LOT to moderate yourselves.

Long time lurker here.

The banter and the personal jabs are what make GG different and fun IMO. Some of the other spurs boards are so vanilla and bland. It gets personal, yes, but if you can't handle it then you probably shouldn't post here. Post at your own risk basically.

I think the mods do a good job generally of controlling threads... It can sometimes be frustrating when every thread devolves into basically the same debate between basically the same people, but as has been said it's like a pub in here and that's often what happens at a pub.

Let's face it all these spurs boards are pretty mundane during the off season and there isnt really any point to coming here at all... (yet i keep coming :-") bring on Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Well summed up especially the last sentence of the first paragraph. Man up ladies!

I already did remember? And you told me not to message you privately again.

I did indeed because you were rude and demeaning.
But in the spirit of trying to move forwards, allow me to re-open the invitation. It's a new day and a new slate. Please feel free to air your grievances about whomever you're referring to. Again, I shall do my best to smooth the matter over.

Which is all well and good, IF the mods patrolled this place 24/7.

I've said it to countless posters time and again, we have lives too. This isn't our full-time job, and many of us patrol via phones which don't allow the full moderating capabilities we need.

It is times like this we need YOU LOT to moderate yourselves.

One of the mods seems to be on 24/7 so maybe he could do what Mullet suggested

I agree with WookieD on his view, this forum has gone down hill since all of this nonsense topic grouping.

I used to visit GG every day up until around a year ago. it was the first site that i visited when i got home from work and GHod knows how long i have been a member... i now find myself browsing through the topic titles and am not motivated to read through a thing - the threads themselves are unorganised mini forums.

The transfer thread should not have been created... all the rumours about potential signings that pop up is half the fun. i dont want to have to read through multiple pages working out who is talking about what.. i want to see it, read a couple of posts and post if i am interested.

IMO these threads are created by people that want to see how many posts they can get in 'their' thread.

kill these 'official' threads off and win us back GG! Seriously, my interest is waning...

you guys may say good riddance, if you dont like it, then go. I am just giving my view on how i have felt for while now.. i want to be interested but these new rules are killing this forum.

Back