• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Farewell GG

Does anyone think we should follow "other" forums with a read only transfer rumour thread, and another open mega thread to discuss said rumours/ITK (spit) etc?

No. You can go on both forums you know. Why should we try and have our own version of SC ITK? We'd just be posting the same brick they do.

No. You can go on both forums you know. Why should we try and have our own version of SC ITK? We'd just be posting the same brick they do.

It's a fair point. SC ITK is pretty much the best aggregator. Having said that, it doesn't mean that they have all the news and it stops 10 bitches per every ITK.

I know that comment is an exageration, but IF we went down that path, we would then get the other side of the argument that interesting threads on other topics were being pushed off page 1, and would get missed/lost.

Does anyone think we should follow "other" forums with a read only transfer rumour thread, and another open mega thread to discuss said rumours/ITK (spit) etc?

Is it not a bit pointless at this stage considering we have only a few more weeks of the transfer window?

Aside, I'm not a fan of mega threads. I see no reason why we can't have a thread per player if that is what happens (e.g. Wookie's revolutionary M'Vila thread. The mad bastard!!)

Personally - no, because the rumours would be inevitably copy/pasted across, resulting the exact same scenario we have now.

Is it not a bit pointless at this stage considering we have only a few more weeks of the transfer window?

Aside, I'm not a fan of mega threads. I see no reason why we can't have a thread per player if that is what happens (e.g. Wookie's revolutionary M'Vila thread. The mad bastard!!)

I didn't actually mean now......but maybe next time?

And your point about having a thread per player linked.....well, I already stated why that becomes a problem in the first paragraph of the post.

Personally - no, because the rumours would be inevitably copy/pasted across, resulting the exact same scenario we have now.

Yes, but at least people who only wanted to read the latest "linked with XXX player" stories could read them without the other 99% BS that accompanies it.

Yes, but at least people who only wanted to read the latest "linked with XXX player" stories could read them without the other 99% BS that accompanies it.

Fair enough - although we can also provide a SC link for those - the stuff here is anyway copied from there

I didn't actually mean now......but maybe next time?

And your point about having a thread per player linked.....well, I already stated why that becomes a problem in the first paragraph of the post.

Next time yep - definitely worth a go to see if it works out any better. You'd probably need a mod who lives on here to keep the locked thread reasonable up to date. Do we have any of those? ;)

As for having too many threads forcing some threads onto page two, at the moment we have 4 threads at the bottom of the page that haven't been posted to in a few days. It mightn't be that bad in practise. It's my opinion that following a single line of discussion in a mega thread is practically impossible.

Next time yep - definitely worth a go to see if it works out any better. You'd probably need a mod who lives on here to keep the locked thread reasonable up to date. Do we have any of those? ;)

As for having too many threads forcing some threads onto page two, at the moment we have 4 threads at the bottom of the page that haven't been posted to in a few days. It mightn't be that bad in practise. It's my opinion that following a single line of discussion in a mega thread is practically impossible.

If there's a subforum just for transfers, it would alleviate this problem. Transfer talk won't clutter up SN&V, and vice versa.

If there's a subforum just for transfers, it would alleviate this problem. Transfer talk won't clutter up SN&V, and vice versa.

This

A seperate sub forum for transfers/targets would be ideal, that way you can dip in, read all the latest threads one at a time and the discussion on each player and the news/views forum stays clear.

Either that or just have more threads per page. you're far more likely to scroll to the bottom of the page with 50 threads on it than you are to view page 2 with 25 threads per page.

Have to agree with that last line. Even worse when trying to browse from a phone.

I should point out here, all the suggestions being made are being discussed quite heavily in the mods forum, and are likely to be acted upon. Just to show we do actually listen sometimes :-"

I should point out here, all the suggestions being made are being discussed quite heavily in the mods forum, and are likely to be acted upon. Just to show we do actually listen sometimes :-"

;)

Stonecutters.jpg

Back