• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Farewell GG

I'm not suggesting that we should try to stop conversations flowing and threads developing.

I meant more people popping up in multiple threads to make the same argument against a certain player or the manager etc.

I don't mind people having an opinion that they want to debate, quite honestly it's the hard core line on stupidity like

- JD is a championship level striker
- Harry was a brick manager who fluked his way to 4th (twice)
- Levy is an average/poor chairman
- VDV is brick, we should sell
- etc. etc.

when people think that brick is a debate, and we need to hear it in every thread ...

I don't mind people having an opinion that they want to debate, quite honestly it's the hard core line on stupidity like

- JD is a championship level striker
- Harry was a brick manager who fluked his way to 4th (twice)
- Levy is an average/poor chairman
- VDV is brick, we should sell
- etc. etc.

when people think that brick is a debate, and we need to hear it in every thread ...

People say things on forums a lot of times just to get a reaction.

I'm not suggesting that we should try to stop conversations flowing and threads developing.

I meant more people popping up in multiple threads to make the same argument against a certain player or the manager etc.

Certainly then.

I've been following this site for years and the Super Spurs for over 50 years and the type of people who are submitting postings to this site are so far away from the the arcitype Spurs fans I have known and shared the highs and lows (too many lows). Every day there are petty rows and bile piled on the club, team and players plus other writers. This does not reflect the team I love or the fans. I have come to the conclusion that I will no longer read or sumbit to this site. Thank you to the guys who set it up it has given me pleasure but it doesn't and more, it's probably me, I'm too old for all this teenage angst and bitterness. COYS

Use the ignore function on those posters that annoy you and stick around mate!

Threads morph into topics and discussions unrelated to the OP. Just like normal conversations do in the pub. As long as people aren't getting abusive or personal, they should be allowed.

The same arguments are always going to be made. For a start any incoming manager or player is going to be judged by the person they've replaced as the person they've replaced is a (one of many) yardstick of which to judge the new man on.,

The problem is that people don't make arguments or even points. Some posters make snide remarks, and I am pretty sure that they do it to provoke a reaction from certain other posters. They'll come out with some ill timed quip (usually one that isn't remotely amusing either) and from that quip or flippant observation about a player/manager (both present and past) that is completely uncalled for or unrelated to the topic and THAT is what the mods should be clamping down on. Instead they clamp down on those that react to the flippant post or contest it. Basically it's like someone standing on a soapbox goading a crowd and as soon as the crowd tell him to shut the fudge up the Police swoop in on them.

I'll continue to bring up the past, especially the recent past, where it's warranted. Everything on this board, whether it be talking about the Manager, transfer policy etc. is related to the past. What I can't stand and what I'll continue to call out is double standards. Those poster's who have one rule for one player/manager and another for one of their "favourites". I'll call that out all day long, even if it means dragging up the past. Because you can't let those sort of people get away with spouting double standard nonsense, because it's those people that lower the quality of debate on this forum and everyone not like them should be made aware of them.

I'd like to continue observing this very interesting debate, but I'd just like to interject first that wanting the mods to clamp down on too much will result in this place ending up like RAWK, where threads are seemingly locked at the mod's discretion just because there's apparently nothing of substance to talk about. What was it Evelyn Beatrice Hall once incorrectly attributed to Voltaire? 'I detest what you say, but I would die for your right to say it' or something similar.

Threads morph into topics and discussions unrelated to the OP. Just like normal conversations do in the pub. As long as people aren't getting abusive or personal, they should be allowed.

The same arguments are always going to be made. For a start any incoming manager or player is going to be judged by the person they've replaced as the person they've replaced is a (one of many) yardstick of which to judge the new man on.,

The problem is that people don't make arguments or even points. Some posters make snide remarks, and I am pretty sure that they do it to provoke a reaction from certain other posters. They'll come out with some ill timed quip (usually one that isn't remotely amusing either) and from that quip or flippant observation about a player/manager (both present and past) that is completely uncalled for or unrelated to the topic and THAT is what the mods should be clamping down on. Instead they clamp down on those that react to the flippant post or contest it. Basically it's like someone standing on a soapbox goading a crowd and as soon as the crowd tell him to shut the fudge up the Police swoop in on them.

I'll continue to bring up the past, especially the recent past, where it's warranted. Everything on this board, whether it be talking about the Manager, transfer policy etc. is related to the past. What I can't stand and what I'll continue to call out is double standards. Those poster's who have one rule for one player/manager and another for one of their "favourites". I'll call that out all day long, even if it means dragging up the past. Because you can't let those sort of people get away with spouting double standard nonsense, because it's those people that lower the quality of debate on this forum and everyone not like them should be made aware of them.

MK.......
There is such irony in that post.

When you make a statement about tactics, managers, players etc you are capable of some of the most informed posts on this board.

BUT...at the same time, you are also guilty of some of the worst cases of carrying arguments across threads. I (we?) have lost count of how many times you have dragged the HR argument into threads where it is totally NOT the issue.

What would you (and everyone else) think to the mods laying off merging threads a bit but paying more attention to keeping them on topic and issuing infractions for people carrying arguments across threads?

Works for me.

We all love GG just get the fudge on with it ladies ffs!

Don't take things personally, realise everyone has an opinion right or wrong and remember we all love THFC whether you think someone's a **** or not.

MK.......
There is such irony in that post.

When you make a statement about tactics, managers, players etc you are capable of some of the most informed posts on this board.

BUT...at the same time, you are also guilty of some of the worst cases of carrying arguments across threads. I (we?) have lost count of how many times you have dragged the HR argument into threads where it is totally NOT the issue.

Your perception and simply not true. And as stated above, this will always happen because everything is related.

AVB Tactics, Modric (and AVB's handling of the situation and poster's perception of the way Modric is behaving now amazingly changing now it's a manager they like in charge), signings, GDS, youth, the way our club is set up for the long term, player fitness etc ALL relate to the previous Manager and even beyond him and you're damn right that everytime someone slags Redknapp off for something they praise or ignore AVB to do I'll be calling it out.

Someone makes a snide remark about MOTD transfer policy, I'll be there calling BS. Every single fudging time. The difference between me and most of those "others" is that I am happy to back my opinions up with REASONED logic and debate, not just hearsay and emotions. I'll take a look at all arguments and media stories and not just pick and choose the ones that suit my agenda (any pro-Redknapp story for example is his mates in the media, same with any anti-AVB story. But any anti-HR, pro-AVB story? That's a great journalist right there and his words should be treated as gospel? WALOB!).

And I remain consistent in my views. People are already starting to judge AVB on pre-season FFS. A pre-season where he doesn't had Parker, VDV or Modric (three of our six key players from last season, Friedel, Bale and Ade being the other three) available. The Modric, VDV and Parker pyramid was basically the main reason we were so excellent and retaining controlled possession last year and fans expect AVB to achieve the same with other players? Madness. And then you also have the fact that Sandro, who is likely to relieve Parker of his first team place this season, available too. Give the man a chance FFS.

I am not pro-Redknapp. Never was. I was pro-Manager of a Manager who got us to the 4th, 5th, 4th (although according to at least three posters, one of them being a mod (and what a fudging joke that is considering he is one of the snide group of posters offering literally fudge all to debates other than asking us to trust him about clearly completely spurious information he has, ITK my arse. He should be banned from the site and instead he gets made a mod! I can't even block him now as a result) it was nothing to do with Redknapp and all down to Levy and now it looks like we're going to be in four a less successful season than in recent years that IS down to Redknapp even though he no longer Manages us!). I am not anti-AVB either, although he was far from my choice of Manager and I do think he royally fudged up at Chelsea regardless of external reasons. I am pro in giving managers slack, even more so when I think they've earned it due to previous relative success at the club in their previous two or three seasons in charge (which is why I though Jol's sacking was disgraceful and still do).

So I'll continue to carry "debate" across threads when I see a post that I feel strongly about to be factually incorrect or even more so when a poster is clearly demonstrating double standards. If the mods don't like it? Ban me.

There are some posters who can not let things go and always bring up things to get a response and so it all begins again.

Back