• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Farewell GG

K.D.D.D.D.Soc

Paul Walsh
I've been following this site for years and the Super Spurs for over 50 years and the type of people who are submitting postings to this site are so far away from the the arcitype Spurs fans I have known and shared the highs and lows (too many lows). Every day there are petty rows and bile piled on the club, team and players plus other writers. This does not reflect the team I love or the fans. I have come to the conclusion that I will no longer read or sumbit to this site. Thank you to the guys who set it up it has given me pleasure but it doesn't and more, it's probably me, I'm too old for all this teenage angst and bitterness. COYS

K 4D Soc --if you have been following this site for years -as I have and many other posters/lurkers -you will know the petty rows and bile piling comes and goes, as do the posters. For all that, it is still, in my mind, the most debate/argument tolerant forum, and still populated by many posters who make insightful contributions to threads both here and in random.

It does seem to degenerate during the close season as people go a bit stir crazy but things should get back to normal after the transfer window shuts at the end of August!!!

And, TBH, just about every other Spurs forum sounds exactly the same right now.

Apart from the ones where you are not allowed to actually write anything without approval.

I read every day but seldom post - and wont leave - but I am totally on board with the OP
There are a few idiots who just go around messing up threads, posting like 5 year olds. A couple of them seem quite well respected posters which defies belief
tossing around making the same point over and over again, or wording things antagonistically to get a rise.
Much less enjoyment reading it than there used to be
Get the kids back to school!

There was me thinking you'd perhaps meant to say Farewell JJ, unveiling an announcement that Jenas had gone, but you'd pressed the wrong key.

BOOOOOOOOOO!!! Terrible thread.

I have to partially agree with the OP, I post far less in SN&V than I used to due to some of the radicals that float around. Although, there are still some very good posters left on the site. Either that, or it's more fun discussing tits, gambling and cats with clothes on over in Random

I have to partially agree with the OP, I post far less in SN&V than I used to due to some of the radicals that float around. Although, there are still some very good posters left on the site. Either that, or it's more fun discussing tits, gambling and cats with clothes on over in Random

I prefer discussing clothes with cats on:

3.bild.jpg

Scaramanga ftw!

No offence to the mods, but so many threads get locked now that you only have a core of about half a dozen threads at any one time now, so people seem to clash more... Or more to the point, as there are only a few "active" threads, you can't get away from it.

The Transfer Mega Thread gets on my tits, why can't we have a separate post for big targets. Part of the fun was one day waiting for Arshavin to ACTUALLY sign at 50 pages.

So actually, yeah, I am having a go at the mods a bit :p

Scaramanga ftw!

No offence to the mods, but so many threads get locked now that you only have a core of about half a dozen threads at any one time now, so people seem to clash more... Or more to the point, as there are only a few "active" threads, you can't get away from it.

The Transfer Mega Thread gets on my tits, why can't we have a separate post for big targets. Part of the fun was one day waiting for Arshavin to ACTUALLY sign at 50 pages.

But we tried this and all the idiots couldn't help themselves from not sticking to the rules.

This place is bloody impossible sometimes!!!!

I agree with the OP.

Trouble is now you have a group of armchair fans who continually bang on about the same stuff and it gets boring and winds people up. I dont mind anyone giving an opinion, but if you are going to ignore replies (even ones that prove you wrong) and then mention the same thing the next day and ignore the replies again, whats the point ?

It would be ok if these people had proven to be spot on, but continually they get stuff wrong and feel the need to keep mentioning it. An example would be Defoe - been great for Spurs, bangs in the goals, great movement but there is a set of posters who daily feel the need to try and convince the world he is brick and that he is on the list of deadwood to be sold. It would be boring if they had a point, but quite clearly whatever criteria you use to judge a striker, Defoe will always come out as a top premier league player.

And probably the wrong thread for this, but while we are moaning... the other thing happening on this board is "one thread for a million slightly related subjects" ... the subject is the most import thing, it is what gets people into the thread and reading it. For example "Music thread" ... you arent going to go through 100 pages to see if someone has talked about a particular band, music covers so many different things that it would be far easier to have separate threads so you just discuss the bits you are interested in. Will get more people posting and you dont have to read the brick you dont care about. It makes sense for some things to have a big thread, but if a topic within the big thread is likely to be discussed at length then it should have its own thread. I know I used a random forum topic as an example but the same thing happens on SN&V, one thread where you dont really know what is being discussed unless you read through loads of old posts until you get to something new.

Scaramanga ftw!

Agreed. The constant locking and merging of threads is a bloody nightmare for those of us who can't constantly refresh a page. There's a definite feel of 'COYS' sometimes when it comes to thread moderation occasionally.

I agree with the OP.

Trouble is now you have a group of armchair fans who continually bang on about the same stuff and it gets boring and winds people up. I dont mind anyone giving an opinion, but if you are going to ignore replies (even ones that prove you wrong) and then mention the same thing the next day and ignore the replies again, whats the point ?

It would be ok if these people had proven to be spot on, but continually they get stuff wrong and feel the need to keep mentioning it. An example would be Defoe - been great for Spurs, bangs in the goals, great movement but there is a set of posters who daily feel the need to try and convince the world he is brick and that he is on the list of deadwood to be sold. It would be boring if they had a point, but quite clearly whatever criteria you use to judge a striker, Defoe will always come out as a top premier league player.

And probably the wrong thread for this, but while we are moaning... the other thing happening on this board is "one thread for a million slightly related subjects" ... the subject is the most import thing, it is what gets people into the thread and reading it. For example "Music thread" ... you arent going to go through 100 pages to see if someone has talked about a particular band, music covers so many different things that it would be far easier to have separate threads so you just discuss the bits you are interested in. Will get more people posting and you dont have to read the brick you dont care about. It makes sense for some things to have a big thread, but if a topic within the big thread is likely to be discussed at length then it should have its own thread. I know I used a random forum topic as an example but the same thing happens on SN&V, one thread where you dont really know what is being discussed unless you read through loads of old posts until you get to something new.[/QUOTE]

=D>

to be fair hes probably an old boy , and this twitter/forum/facebook malarkey is probably quite hard to stomach at times ..., Lets all agree that the bloke is a THFC lifelong servant/supporter .. And that my freinds is what its all about ,,,,,Id like to have a few jars with him and listen and engage to all his spurs history/memories experiences .... i hope this didnt come across in a patronising way , cos it sure is not intended... GHod bless you all , WHL IS OUR MECCA

But we tried this and all the idiots couldn't help themselves from not sticking to the rules.

This place is bloody impossible sometimes!!!!

But what rules Crawley. Seriously, this actually needs debating. You guys do a good job, but a few of you are susceptible to mission creep. You're here to keep things cordial, not "on track" ;)

Back