• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Farewell GG

You've also changed tbh. I think most of us have due to the departure of some really top posters and the debuts of some ummm not so top posters.

I'm sure I have a bit, and that's one of the things I've found since being a mod, points you might respond more freely to you simply cannot anymore, plus some people just take aim at you harder because they see that word beside your name! Personally I like the passion in many posts, but when it gets to people just shouting each other down with insults/repeatedly throwing the same old brick around, I think the forum loses so much. Your point on posters is bang on, and I think we have a real chance to resurrect the best days of GG by just being a little more generally decent. I agree with AS too with regards to taking a break being a good thing...

I think that we might need to get Steff and Affy a room :p

I think that "Steff", the man who has made this living via the English language for 28 years, needs to first of all learn the difference between "you're" and "your" before he can be offered that room key!!!!!!!!

Anyone else think the place has chilled a bit since we bought a striker?

Yes. Everyone was getting a bit tetchy before the signing. On the transfer thread you can see the change from pessimism that we wouldn't buy a striker to optimism that we will add another and a winger.

It's been a looooong summer, at least it feels that way, but a week from now the transfer will have closed and we'll be heading into an International break. Depending on what signings are made and the result against Norwich, the general mood around the place will probably be either complete meltdown or cautious optimism. Here's hoping for the latter.

Re: Loic Remy

We had a discussion a while back and a lot of users (myself included) felt that individual threads discussing players often provide good discussion rather than being lost in 1 big one. Please keep the discussion on topic though.

So Remy... any good?!

Re: Loic Remy

We had a discussion a while back and a lot of users (myself included) felt that individual threads discussing players often provide good discussion rather than being lost in 1 big one. Please keep the discussion on topic though.

So Remy... any good?!

Tbh Diego it doesn't make the least bit of sense. If everyone started a thread dedicated to a player we're linked too it would just get very tiresome and eventually the mods will start locking threads. We're discussing Loic Remy in the transfer thread and now we have a new thread discussing...Loic Remy? eh?

Individual threads discussing our own players i get but individual thread discussing potential targets who are being discussed already in the transfer thread doesn't make sense.

Back