• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

FA Cup 2016

Dorian Dervitte has scored an own goal to give non-league Eastleigh the lead against Bolton.

he obviously thought the players he did bring on could perform adequately, it's his prerogative, you don't put a player on just because he's more senior, is my point, that the BBC were criticising this irked me, players are paid to train and be available for selection, they do what they are told whether it's a home or away game, distance of travel and level of opposition is irrelevant

It's klopps prerogative to do whatever he wants, he can play bogdan in goal again and mignolet up front if he wants, doesn't make it right! The fact is and I think it actually is a fact, Liverpool would have had a better chance of winning with lalana and Lucas on the pitch second half. If he's brought them all the way down there and not given them a break from the routine, then what possible reason could he have for not giving them 30 mins when they are a goal behind? Nothing to do with doing what they are told or anything like that, just to do with Klopp not using his best weapons (having taken them all the way to the other end of the country anyway!) to win a football match.

Last edited:
It's klopps prerogative to do whatever he wants, he can play bogdan in goal again and mignolet up front if he wants, doesn't make it right! The fact is and I think it actually is a fact, Liverpool would have had a better chance of winning with lalana and Lucas on the pitch second half. If he's brought them all the way down there and not given them a break from the routine, then what possible reason could he have for not giving them 30 mins when they are a goal behind? Nothing to do with doing what they are told or anything like that, just to do with Klopp not using his best weapons (having taken them all the way to the other end of the country anyway!) to win a football match.

the point made by multiple BBC analysts, which I take issue with, was, "they have travelled a long way, they have not been rested, therefore they must play" it was a conclusion without regard for the score in the match, they could have been 5 points up and the opinion would have been no different

Normally you could say, and after an escape like that their name might be on the cup, but having watched that desperate performance I doubt it. Wish we were playing them at home this Weds and not Leicester, nailed on 3pts

Normally you could say, and after an escape like that their name might be on the cup, but having watched that desperate performance I doubt it. Wish we were playing them at home this Weds and not Leicester, nailed on 3pts

The fact that we don't play them until April when he had them as our opening fixture is kind of ridiculous. Someone might decide to pull the trigger before then.

The fact that we don't play them until April when he had them as our opening fixture is kind of ridiculous. Someone might decide to pull the trigger before then.

Agree, I know it never pans out like that, but it should have been our match last weekend if things were right

First PL casualty to lower league oppo. Swansea City out.
Maximum 14 PL teams left with currently 3 facing replays

West Brom/Bristol City vs Peterborough
Eastleigh/Bolton vs Leeds
Arsenal vs Burnley
Derby vs Manchester Utd
Huddersfield/Reading vs Walsall
Exeter/Liverpool vs West Ham
Wycombe/Aston Villa vs Emirates Marketing Project
Shrewsbury vs Sheffield Wednesday
Nottingham Forest vs Watford
Carlisle/Yeovil vs Everton
Crystal Palace
vs Stoke
Oxford vs Newport/Blackburn
Ipswich/Portsmouth vs Bournemouth
Colchester vs Tottenham/Leicester
Bury/Bradford vs Hull
Northampton/MK Dons vs Chelsea

Brilliant draw as I live 10 minutes away from Colchester and would 100% get a ticket, now all we have to do is beat Leicester

Brilliant draw as I live 10 minutes away from Colchester and would 100% get a ticket, now all we have to do is beat Leicester

The second it came out, I said I know I man who will be over the moon with that draw. Nice and easy to get to for plenty of Spurs fans

As a whole, only Arsenal of the leading clubs drawn at home (quel surprise), keep getting draws like that and they'll fancy a 3rd win on the bounce

TV picks: Arsenal/Burnley, Derby/ManU, Exeter/West Ham :D and the City and Chelsea games.

Well United being on is a given. Although tbh that could be a tasty match anyway.

3 more PL teams guaranteed to go, and with 6 of the others away, potential for maybe a couple more

If we do beat Leciester it also means that replay would then begin a sequence of 5 away trips in 6 matches

Back