• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

FA Cup 2016

So Spurs drawn against Top of the Prem team whilst Chelsea at home to lower league opposition!

I hope we take this really seriously - 25 years without the FA Cup is a disgrace. fudge top 4 - the game is about glory.

With Woolwich being drawn at home as well one of us will not be able to play on the Saturday; it's League Cup SF the midweek before and a full PL schedule the midweek after (when we play Leicester at home!) - therefore no chance any PL team will play on the Monday night (maybe Eastleigh v Bolton) but a possibility of a Friday night game - could be us and neither us or Leicester will be playing LC SF.

Exeter v Liverpool is probably the stand-out 'magic of the cup' tie; BBC/BT won't be able to look beyond viewing fugures so Man U Sheff Utd will be on TV.

Hope we are as I'm on a going to football embargo for 10 days before my little girl is due to make an appearance

good luck, my first was born a couple of days before the first proper CL game at WHL against Twente, I still have my (unused) ticket, I'm gonna use it to guilt her when she's older

So Spurs drawn against Top of the Prem team whilst Chel53a at home to lower league opposition!

I hope we take this really seriously - 25 years without the FA Cup is a disgrace. fudge top 4 - the game is about glory.

With Woolwich being drawn at home as well one of us will not be able to play on the Saturday; it's League Cup SF the midweek before and a full PL schedule the midweek after (when we play Leicester at home!) - therefore no chance any PL team will play on the Monday night (maybe Eastleigh v Bolton) but a possibility of a Friday night game - could be us and neither us or Leicester will be playing LC SF.

Exeter v Liverpool is probably the stand-out 'magic of the cup' tie; BBC/BT won't be able to look beyond viewing fugures so Man U Sheff Utd will be on TV.

I really think it will be us on the Friday night. Would be tight on Sunderland fans if they chose theirs for that slot, but good spot, never thought of us both being at home

Absolute farce. Money to money.

5 All-Prem ties, but United, at home, against a 3rd tier club warrants selection over 3 of those.

All prem ties shouldn't be chosen in this round IMO. They should prioritize getting smaller clubs some airtime and much needed income. There are still 9 other PL clubs facing lower league opposition though, some of them away even.

Only just noticed that it's sponsored by the Emirates.

Isn't it some kind of conflict of interest for the cup sponsor to also sponsor a competing team?

Only just noticed that it's sponsored by the Emirates.

Isn't it some kind of conflict of interest for the cup sponsor to also sponsor a competing team?

I know someone one here (No idea who but would love to give them credit) made the point that Arsenal will be playing in the Emirates FA Cup at the Emirates Stadium with Emirates on their shirt and the game will be referred by officials also wearing Emirates on their shirt.

You would certainly think there would be a conflict of interests. I wonder who Emirates will be supporting?

CV8Zy9bXAAAxDIP.jpg

It's something ridiculous like every one of United's FA Cup games have been on tv the last 5 years

yep. 47 matches on the bounce I believe. Apparantly it is now a legal requirement that ALL their FA Cup matches must be shown, because they are the most popular team on the planet

Back