• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Expectations for Season 2015-16

Honestly, I don't expect much. Top four is locked down this year with the two Manchester clubs spending stupid amounts of money. Liverpool I'd expect to see close to them after what they have spent although with the sheer amount of players on their books they will have problems keeping everyone happy. Southampton imo will struggle a bit, but will still be top 10 whilst Stoke are getting my vote for the dark horse of the league. We will finish no higher than 6th but no lower than 9th.

I want to see us play some entertaining football.
I want to see us look like a team that won't concede every time the are attacked.
I want another Harry Kane story, a youngster that will make the grade and make people pay attention.
I want to see a squad with some continuity through it.
I want to see us win the Europa league just to tinkle all the pundits off who will firstly try to ingore us before dismissing the event as nothing significant (though for Chelsea it was fine).

Expectation - sixth with at least one decent cup run. We could do with a few more players though and if we snagged a decent CM, wing forward and striker I might revise those predictions.

I'd like to see something resembling a pattern of play that is relatively consistent throughout the season. Bonus points for getting those players that are clearly under performing to step up to the next level.

Last edited:
Looking at our lack of major signings and how all the big teams are strengthening their squad, I think top 4 is beyond us next season. Just can't see us overtake Chelsea, ManCity, Arsenal or ManU. I think we will be fighting with the likes of Liverpool, Southampton and Everton for the 5th place again. So, we should concentrate on winning the League Cup, Europa League or FA Cup next season.

Last edited:
It will be between us and Liverpool for 5th & 6th. Southampton won't be such a surprise this season but will have been worked out more by oppo so them to finish 7th, Stoke 8th & Everton perhaps 9th (still not convinced by Martinez over the long term) with Palace, Saudi Sportswashing Machine & Wet Spam in the mix for 10th, 11th & 12th.

Liverpool depend on whether they get a good start or whether Brenda is gone by Christmas. Top 4 - Chelsea, United, City, Arsenal in that order.

I'd like 5th or 6th with a Cup final again (hopefully FA Cup but happy with any (all) of the 3) and hopefully a win.

lots of goals scored by us, exciting attacking play.

Im not bothered where we finish between 5th and 7th

to win the Europa league.

First and foremost - play entertaining, exciting football. I want to see a Spurs side next season which, when in full flow, will absolutely batter teams. Beating QPR at home and West Brom away last season was great and that's before we even think about the legendary Chelsea game on New Year's Day. The football greatly improved last season compared with the Sherwood and AVB eras, now I'd like to see a few more 3/4/5 goal wins over the course of the season. They've been in short supply since Redknapp left, and even allowing for the fact that he had a better squad than we have now - they still seem less common than they were under Jol or Ramos.

If we don't sign any wingers - I think we will be battling it out for 6th place. Get someone top class in and we can push the others for a top 4 place. Regardless of money being spent, there are still obvious weaknesses in a few of the squads, especially if they get injuries in key positions.

Hard to say right now, history (last 8 years) says we will finish between 4th-6th.

That said, we are obviously short of wide and striking options as well as experience at this point. The remainder of the window is critical (as always).

As Levy has got a get out clause again,spending no more tham £10 m for players and relying more on youth due to the building of the new ground blah blah.......can't see us getting higher than 5th or even 6th,cup competitions.........mmmm, lets win something for a change and please,lets stop making excuses for the europa cup we've been in it now for the past 4/5 years we should have developed a system on how to play in it by now.

Also lets turn up for the games against the top 4,thats our yardstick.

1. Finish above Liverpool
2. Brendan Rodgers is sacked
3. We concede LESS goals and score MORE and have a decent goal difference
4. Dele Alli gets game time and shows what he is about
5. Michael Owen gets the sack as BT co-commentator

1. Finish above Liverpool
2. Brendan Rodgers is sacked
3. We concede LESS goals and score MORE and have a decent goal difference
4. Dele Alli gets game time and shows what he is about
5. Michael Owen gets the sack as BT co-commentator

It will take a bigger genius than Levy to accomplish that. Owen is so dull he'll never say anything remotely controversial and it's not like they'll find anyone better (that's a diss on BT, Owen is turd).

As Levy has got a get out clause again,spending no more tham £10 m for players and relying more on youth due to the building of the new ground blah blah.......can't see us getting higher than 5th or even 6th,cup competitions.........mmmm, lets win something for a change and please,lets stop making excuses for the europa cup we've been in it now for the past 4/5 years we should have developed a system on how to play in it by now.

Also lets turn up for the games against the top 4,thats our yardstick.

Exactly my thinking. Seems fans have bought into the whole philosophy that we can't spend any money anymore fair enough just don't expect anything on the field bar mediocrity

Exactly my thinking. Seems fans have bought into the whole philosophy that we can't spend any money anymore fair enough just don't expect anything on the field bar mediocrity

Mediocrity as in 5th or 6th?

Cos we aren't gonna finish top 4 unless we unleash about GHod knows how many hundreds of millions of spending. Look at the scousers, how much have they spent? All that's gonna get them at best is a 5th place finish rather than 6th.

Anyone with a grip on reality would realise we're about to build a 400 odd million pound stadium and need to be a bit frugal, show we can survive as a business whilst running a tight ship financially - banks tend to like things like that when offering up multimillion pound loans...

I think we just about performed on par with what was expected of us last year. Perhaps even slightly better having got to a cup final and finished above Liverpool.

If everyone performed to what is expected of them right now we would finish 6th. Anything above is performing better than expected.

We should certainly aim for top 4, and try and win a cup. Both are not impossible. If we repeated what we achieved last season it wouldn't be a success or a failure. It would be about where we should be and I don't see this season as being any different in terms of expectancy.

We can only realistically expect to challenge that top 4 once we get the revenue from the new stadium.

The top 4 right now look pretty formidable. Especially if United continue to spend the way they are.

What is generally expected:

1) Chelsea
2) Arsenal
3) Emirates Marketing Project
4) Man Utd
5) Liverpool
6) Spurs

Well, Poch got a season with no expectations, and did quite well. Now it's probably fair to start expecting a little from him and the team, although how he's backed this window will determine whether those expectations will ultimately be modest or more ambitious.

Seeing as the window itself is not yet closed, however, I'd say we can't expect too much given the flux the team and management are presumably in. So, for now, I'd say top eight and a cup run would suit me just fine. If we get a top-class DM and a good backup striker/wide forward, I'll probably revise that to top six with a run to the quarter/semi-finals of at least one cup competition, and if we end up with Stambouli Mk.2 and another hefty profit, I'll lower it to top ten and no more.

Also, either way, a lot of the criticism of the team and of Poch that was withheld last season (due to it being his first season) will now start being aired, imo. And that's okay, as far as I'm concerned.

Back