• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

European Super League - Dead on arrival

It’s all short term.

Leeds and Blackburn were top clubs at the outset, overspent, fell into the abyss. Saudi Sportswashing Outfit have beaten this path too.

It was always a big two, but with Arsenals success a big three, then Chelsea, now we also have City, Spurs and Saudi Sportswashing Outfit.

Nothing in England needs to be locked in. There is also scope for powers to emerge from Yorkshire and the Southwest, perhaps Wales.

If anything we should be shaking off the European fleas. Perhaps we could invite the money grubbing clubs to join in the first round of the FA cup.

I think there's bigger economic factors that prevent that. All the biggest clubs have always really come from just London and Lancashire. There just isn't the wealth + interest in other regions to sustain large volumes of top end ticket sales.

Just looking at the geography of the top flight over the past 50 years, there's been a big migration south (Preston, Blackburn and Burnley being replaced by Brighton, Bournemouth, Brentford etc), as the national economy has moved from industry to finance.

Now the ESLs been poo pooed....a space has opened up....let's fill it....

How about a FIFA club world cup :)

I think that’s a sneaky idea with clever timing that despite its flaws might become unstoppable.

Who gets to go though- it’s every four years so potentially four different national champions in the run up.

I don’t mind this quite so much as it won’t affect us (haha).

I think that’s a sneaky idea with clever timing that despite its flaws might become unstoppable.

Who gets to go though- it’s every four years so potentially four different national champions in the run up.

32 teams 8 from europe.

It's gonna happen now that Fifa have their grubby hands on the idea.

I imagine there will be (or should be) a performance based points system for the years leading up which as you suggest means we won't be involved haha

More money for the clubs, they have more control, salary cap that is enforced, more competitive games...

The premier league has relegation, but how many of the big 5 that proposed it have been relegated since it's launch?
They wouldn't impose a salary cap. Why would Real Madrid want a competition whereby Spurs would be just as attractive a proposition as they are if we are able to pay our players the same amount of money as they can? You're imag9ining a scenario that you want to be the case but very much wont be.

They wouldn't impose a salary cap. Why would Real Madrid want a competition whereby Spurs would be just as attractive a proposition as they are if we are able to pay our players the same amount of money as they can? You're imag9ining a scenario that you want to be the case but very much wont be.

It was a part of the original proposal.

Why would madrid want it? Because they can't pay the likes of mbappe the wages the state run clubs can.

https://reaction.life/european-supe...-right-footballers-salaries-should-be-capped/

I don't really think the PL clubs need it as much, revenues are high, stadiums are fall and it's much more competitive. Ironically the reason why the other clubs need it is because their leagues are poor because all the money is with 2/3 clubs at most.

I don't really think the PL clubs need it as much, revenues are high, stadiums are fall and it's much more competitive. Ironically the reason why the other clubs need it is because their leagues are poor because all the money is with 2/3 clubs at most.

Yep. Also it would become the same. Probably 2 clubs fighting for the title everyone else with little to play for after xmas. Especially if they make relegation near impossible, which they'll try.

We'll see what the proposals are. But i'm pretty sure it will be brick. Same as the new format of uefa competitions.

I struggle to see what Tottenham would gain from any ESL because they'd be competing with even more money-doped clubs, meaning they'd likely have even less chance of winning a trophy and could find themselves regularly battllng just to finish in the top half of the table.

I struggle to see what Tottenham would gain from any ESL because they'd be competing with even more money-doped clubs, meaning they'd likely have even less chance of winning a trophy and could find themselves regularly battllng just to finish in the top half of the table.
Fans vs owners

Not a chance in hell we’d finish in the top half of the table

Back