• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League 2015/16

Seriously tempted to put money on an 8 or more goal differential over the two legs.

Hard to say - will depend on so many different factors. They have three strikers to our one. Could make a big difference with team balance and they maybe too far away from a CL spots so Klopp may commit more to the Dortmund tie.

Last edited:
Hard to say - will depend on so many different factors. They have three strikers to our one. Could make a big difference with team balance and they maybe too far away from a CL spots so Klopp may commit more to the Dortmund tie.
I think the half-arsed team we sent out is a fairly decent match for Victimpool at their best.

Totally. Me thinking Liverpool will give a better showing is not because I think they are better. Although they have a decent run-in and still in with a shout of 4th, I think they will go for it with a strong side. Klopp will definitely want this badly.
As I say, hopefully they may be tempted to rest a few in the game v us, or even more likely though, the EL match may well be on a few minds, possibly wanting to stay fit and not risk an injury, could see them maybe not at 'full tilt'

Pity we did not have that ambition when we played the first leg. :(

If we like Dortmund had a 15 point lead on Arsenal and the chasing pack I'm sure we would have! But the only thing that would have changed would be the losing margin.

We have a great first team but poor alternatives, well none upfront, which is hard for one competing, forget the cups.
That other forward would have given Poch peace of mind. The Son Chadli axis attack and the Mason Carroll in midfield were both way below par for the Dortmunds to put it mildly.
There is our problem

In all fairness, I can understand why the club did it, had we been in Liverpool's league position I am sure we would have sent a totally different X1. Right now, we have our biggest chance of challenging for the title in many many years.
I am sure Daniel Levy's first target for the club will have been to be in CL next season. We all know winning the EL does that, but it still takes some doing, although playing our best team v Dortmund improves that chance, I am not sure we would still have won.
Whereas via the league we are probably 12pts from 8 matches away for a Top 4 finish (possibly even less), having our best team available for the remaining 8 games gives us a better chance for me.

If it all backfires and we end up 5th, well that's another story

If we like Dortmund had a 15 point lead on Arsenal and the chasing pack I'm sure we would have! But the only thing that would have changed would be the losing margin.

We have a great first team but poor alternatives, well none upfront, which is hard for one competing, forget the cups.
That other forward would have given Poch peace of mind. The Son Chadli axis attack and the Mason Carroll in midfield were both way below par for the Dortmunds to put it mildly.
There is our problem

I am not saying we would have won if we HAD played our best team but we would have had a far better chance IF we had. As for what Dortmund may have, may not have done because of their position does not really matter ( imo). The team we sent out with the Mason/Carroll and a 18 Onoma in was a joke and everyone I was with and talked to after in the bars said the same.

Of course we need to strengthen areas in our side to play the best in Europe and IF we make the Champs lge we will have the same problem.

In all fairness, I can understand why the club did it, had we been in Liverpool's league position I am sure we would have sent a totally different X1. Right now, we have our biggest chance of challenging for the title in many many years.
I am sure Daniel Levy's first target for the club will have been to be in CL next season. We all know winning the EL does that, but it still takes some doing, although playing our best team v Dortmund improves that chance, I am not sure we would still have won.
Whereas via the league we are probably 12pts from 8 matches away for a Top 4 finish (possibly even less), having our best team available for the remaining 8 games gives us a better chance for me.

If it all backfires and we end up 5th, well that's another story

Still will never understand or support the idea that the cups/trophys are of second importance to finishing among the runners up ( top four), we used to take the tinkle out of the Arse for years for doing just that and anyone who thinks making the top four is going to change it and make us into winners should have a serious think about it and be realistic.

It will take years ( if ever) to win the CL ( look at the millions City and the Arse have spent, Utd have not done it for years despite throwing millions at it), I hear some say that if we do make the CL we should forget about winning the FA and Lge cups next season so are we going to do the same as the Arse?

I understand that winning trophys seems to have taken a back seat to some/most fans but it never will for me as I still think the game SHOULD be about the Glory not finish among the runners up.

fudging lucky scouser clams! It's been one way traffic, and Dortmund have wasted several good opportunities. fudge off luckers!

Still will never understand or support the idea that the cups/trophys are of second importance to finishing among the runners up ( top four), we used to take the tinkle out of the Arse for years for doing just that and anyone who thinks making the top four is going to change it and make us into winners should have a serious think about it and be realistic.

It will take years ( if ever) to win the CL ( look at the millions City and the Arse have spent, Utd have not done it for years despite throwing millions at it), I hear some say that if we do make the CL we should forget about winning the FA and Lge cups next season so are we going to do the same as the Arse?

I understand that winning trophys seems to have taken a back seat to some/most fans but it never will for me as I still think the game SHOULD be about the Glory not finish among the runners up.
Great post. I love the feeling of getting to a cup final, I have been fortunate enough to experience 6 winning cup finals in my time supporting this great club. There has been no feeling quite like it I cannot believe fans want to belittle it.

We played really poorly against Dortmund. Liverpool doing well. Well drilled, organised, difficult to play through.

So compared to the two ties we played and the first half here do we assume Liverpool>Tottenham???????

Great post. I love the feeling of getting to a cup final, I have been fortunate enough to experience 6 winning cup finals in my time supporting this great club. There has been no feeling quite like it I cannot believe fans want to belittle it.

Could not agree more, the first final I was at was the 67 against Chelski and I have been at most of the rest since ( as the saying goes " my eyes have seen the glory of the cups at WHL"). I remember every minute of those finals and still get the buzz when I think back to them.

I doubt very much that in the years/decades to come many will remember the times we finished among the runners up with so much pride/joy.

So compared to the two ties we played and the first half here do we assume Liverpool>Tottenham???????
ha! no way. We never really approached the game with a feeling that we'd give it our all. I think if it was our season defining game then it would have been different. Still might have lost but still more competitive.

Back