• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League 2012-13 - QF: Basel (SUI)

Meh. Just realised how small Maribor's ground is. Can't see myself getting a ticket for that with a 650 or do allocation.

Oh well, at least Athens and Rome won't present that challenge.

Re: Europa League 2012-13 - Panathinaikos, Lazio, Maribor

Right - me and a few mates are planning to do Lazio. We want to book flights soon before they start to rise - only trouble being that we need to secure tickets (two of us are members and one is a season ticket holder). We were thinking of applying with the member numbers of two other season ticket holders - problem being that it would have a different name on the ticket. I've heard that at Inter Milan away a few seasons ago you had to bring ID with you to the stadium to check up against the ticket. Can anyone confirm this? What does everyone else think? Maybe risk the chance of not getting a ticket by applying with our memberships?

Only trouble is we don't know the allocation size or anything yet. Probably gonna be big you never know

No checks at any of the games I've been to - including Milan twice. They always get you to fill in that little sheet with your travel details and where you're staying when you apply, and warn you to bring photographic ID, but mine never got checked, and neither did anybody else's that I know who went to the games either.

The UEFA rules say 5%, but that doesn't mean we'll take the full allocation.

I dunno how it'll pan out this year. Salonika and Kazan were amongst the two smallest away followings I've seen in Europe, but neither are Panathinaikos or Lazio, and if we take the tournament a bit more seriously we might get a stronger following again. Who knows?

So how will Spurs price the tickets for the home game vs Lazio? They go on sale Wed for members. As they are part of the ST package i imagine they could be priced at Cat B maybe? If they are over £25 i will be giving it a swerve i think.

No checks at any of the games I've been to - including Milan twice. They always get you to fill in that little sheet with your travel details and where you're staying when you apply, and warn you to bring photographic ID, but mine never got checked, and neither did anybody else's that I know who went to the games either.

The UEFA rules say 5%, but that doesn't mean we'll take the full allocation.

I dunno how it'll pan out this year. Salonika and Kazan were amongst the two smallest away followings I've seen in Europe, but neither are Panathinaikos or Lazio, and if we take the tournament a bit more seriously we might get a stronger following again. Who knows?
Oh right, well ive e-mailed the FSF to see what they think but if yu say they never hecked anything then thats a good sign. With regards to the small away followings - it seems that PAOK was quite expensiveoverall last year and the transport links werent ideal given the economical crisis they were/are goig through in Greece. Kazan I guess is understandable , it's a mission away haha. I can see a small follwing to Athens this year - maybe only 1000 or so, whereas Lazio will be a bit more IMO. Depends on the allocation size I guess....

you didn't need ID at Inter Milan at all

I'm going to do Brugge, not sure on the others yet.

So how will Spurs price the tickets for the home game vs Lazio? They go on sale Wed for members. As they are part of the ST package i imagine they could be priced at Cat B maybe? If they are over £25 i will be giving it a swerve i think.

Itll be free for ST holders as its 1 of 2 free cup games..

I hope they dont price it stupidly as it would be nice to have a 30k crowd in

Oh right, well ive e-mailed the FSF to see what they think but if yu say they never hecked anything then thats a good sign. With regards to the small away followings - it seems that PAOK was quite expensiveoverall last year and the transport links werent ideal given the economical crisis they were/are goig through in Greece. Kazan I guess is understandable , it's a mission away haha. I can see a small follwing to Athens this year - maybe only 1000 or so, whereas Lazio will be a bit more IMO. Depends on the allocation size I guess....

I never had any checks on me for the AC Milan game at the San Siro and I bought tickets in the home end (side) and quite obviously was supporting Spurs given my non Italian accent/appearance combined with 3 English mates also in attendance. I am going to go to Athens for the Panathinaikos game and as a member I am not entirely sure if it will come down to us but I will get a ticket in the Spurs end somehow before I get out there.

There will be trouble at Lazio wont there?

Im thinking of going and making a few days out of it...

Milan was fun so maybe Rome would be good.

I had to show my Passport twice at Inter when collecting tickets and getting in. Maybe I look shifty though
Ahhh, you're getting me worried! Was this separately or did you collect your tickets at the turnstiles or something?

Just concerned that I go all the way out to Rome and don't get into the bloody ground.

Lazio away is a good match for practising your grey man impersonation I think.

More importantly, given our league situation and thread bare nature of the squad, what approach are people expecting AVB to take?

I'd like to see us rest 4 or 5 of our most important players (e.g. Parker, Adebayor, Bale) and play half the first team plus the likes of Naughton, Caulker, Townsend and Carroll

Sunday 16th September 2012
Barclays Prem Reading v Tottenham Hotspur 16:00

Thursday 20th September 2012
Europa League Group Tottenham Hotspur v Lazio 20:05

Sunday 23rd September 2012
Barclays Prem Tottenham Hotspur v Queens Park Rangers 16:00

Wednesday 26th September 2012
Capital One Cup Carlisle v Tottenham Hotspur 19:45

Saturday 29th September 2012
Barclays Prem Manchester United v Tottenham Hotspur 17:30

Thursday 04th October 2012
Europa League Panathinaikos v Tottenham Hotspur 18:00

Sunday 07th October 2012
Barclays Prem Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa

7 games in 22 days before the next break. It's hard to guess now whether we'll see rotation or AVB trying to drill a first XI.

A siderant: Went on the OS to find our fixtures, but guess what: They haven't added the Europa League ones yet. :rolleyes:

There will be trouble at Lazio wont there?

Im thinking of going and making a few days out of it...

Milan was fun so maybe Rome would be good.

For me it was a no brainer to pick Athens as the away day tbh. Whilst there is a residual goodwill between Spurs/Lazio over Gascoigne, I still expect the general behaviour when English fans are in Rome to kick in. I was warned by an AC Milan fan, middle aged guy who was also going to attend our home game against AC. At the time Roma were still in with a shout of getting to the quarters, He was very vocal about not going to watch the away leg in Rome if we drew them due to how opposing fans, especially english opposing fans are received there.

For me it was a no brainer to pick Athens as the away day tbh. Whilst there is a residual goodwill between Spurs/Lazio over Gascoigne, I still expect the general behaviour when English fans are in Rome to kick in. I was warned by an AC Milan fan, middle aged guy who was also going to attend our home game against AC. At the time Roma were still in with a shout of getting to the quarters, He was very vocal about not going to watch the away leg in Rome if we drew them due to how opposing fans, especially english opposing fans are received there.

The Inter away game was fine for us. Friendly and although I dont think the Italians liked us much taking over the square there wasnt much fighting etc.

I can imagine Lazio with them being fascists and stuck in the middle ages to be somewhat different from milan.

I went to Lazio Genoa about eight years ago and was amongst the lazio fans right next to the plastic partition where the away fans were - and the seat throwing, the fighting was just insane. And this is Genoa against Lazio - hardly anything to write home about.

The Inter away game was fine for us. Friendly and although I dont think the Italians liked us much taking over the square there wasnt much fighting etc.

I can imagine Lazio with them being fascists and stuck in the middle ages to be somewhat different from milan.

I went to Lazio Genoa about eight years ago and was amongst the lazio fans right next to the plastic partition where the away fans were - and the seat throwing, the fighting was just insane. And this is Genoa against Lazio - hardly anything to write home about.

Exactly. Milan was no worries at all from what I saw and I was in Duomo Square nearly all day tbh before the game with AC Milan. I also sat with Milan fans and watched the game and I have tbh, my behaviour and the things I was saying........No way would an Italian have got away with that in the home areas at Spurs so to my mind they were pretty accomodating.

Lazio fans, I Imagine, will not be able to resist having a crack at the English. It will be seen as a badge of honour and I wouldn't be surprised if some Roma come out to have a crack at both sets of fans.

The trouble is that Athens is more expensive to do from what I've seen. I'm not sure how the Spurs fans were treated in Salonika last season, but Panathanaikos are hardly a mild bunch! I know what you mean about Lazio, though. I would say you have to keep your head down and blend in, but that doesn't always work when you're travelling abroad to some of these places.

Back