• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

Not from me, i think its great news if it happens.
I guess it all depends on the master plan
One thing for sure is a new contract for him will tinkle off a lot of fans on here and at games
Shame they don’t see what the manager does but that’s football

I’m certain the manager sees nothing in Aurier other than what’s my alternative??? TBF playing no one wouldn’t be any worse

we will see who is still here once he gets his own team
That arguement also works for Dier and frankly pretty much any and every player in the squad.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Last edited:
That arguement also works for Dier and grant pretty much any and every player in the squad.

The slight difference being Dier (and Dele) are two players Mourinho has been very outspoken about and hold in very high regard.

Aurier..... Not so much

That arguement also works for Dier and frankly pretty much any and every player in the squad.

True to a point
Can’t see him getting rid of players who do their job myself as that’s his key focus
Aurier can’t do any job... wouldn’t trust him to blow a candle myself
But if people wanna defend him that’s their choice... he is the football equivalent of Dianne Abbott

True to a point
Can’t see him getting rid of players who do their job myself as that’s his key focus
Aurier can’t do any job... wouldn’t trust him to blow a candle myself
But if people wanna defend him that’s their choice... he is the football equivalent of Dianne Abbott
I'm only saying we don't actually know what his thoughts are beyond the ones he has said publicly. He might think Aurier is as awful as you do and the root of all evil or not, we really don't know. He hasn't tried anything else in that positiom.

I would think he feels similarly about the midfield and that he's using what he has available in what he thinks is the best way and it isn't what he would choose for himself (he has said as much about Sissoko) but again we can't really say.

I'm only saying we don't actually know what his thoughts are beyond the ones he has said publicly. He might think Aurier is as awful as you do and the root of all evil or not, we really don't know. He hasn't tried anything else in that positiom.

I would think he feels similarly about the midfield and that he's using what he has available in what he thinks is the best way and it isn't what he would choose for himself (he has said as much about Sissoko) but again we can't really say.

True
Was surprised he said what he did about sissoko publicly

Considering Dier’s area of expertise is supposed to be his defensive aspects I.e. not his passing, we don’t look any more solid than earlier in the season and we’re still conceding around 2 goals per game. I still expect us to be in the market for a better DM in January at the earliest, summer at the latest.

So no difference at all then. Just an opinion based on a player you like and one you don't.

Rose has been poor at best for SEVERAL seasons now, Dier is still recovering for a year long illness. But as you say its down to opinions on a player YOU like and one you don't.

Considering Dier’s area of expertise is supposed to be his defensive aspects I.e. not his passing, we don’t look any more solid than earlier in the season and we’re still conceding around 2 goals per game. I still expect us to be in the market for a better DM in January at the earliest, summer at the latest.
I’ll see if I can find the article but I read we are conceding less BIG chances now under Mou
We still however are conceding chances from
Unforced errors, which are generally turned into goals as we have seen against every decent side we have played
Some stats ...
Vs Chelsea, United and wolves we have conceded 15 shots on target vs 11 from us

Looking at our September run (the one that IMO broke the back of Pochs reign) we played Pool, Brighton and Watford
We conceded 21 shots on target to 9 from us....
And that included 2 games vs lower half teams don’t forget

Rose has been poor at best for SEVERAL seasons now, Dier is still recovering for a year long illness. But as you say its down to opinions on a player YOU like and one you don't.
I don’t dislike Dier at all. Quite the opposite. But I can see how poor he is in midfield.

It has been said many times here, several by me, but I will persevere...do you not think a major reason for this is that Serge Aurier at RB is a total fudging liability who requires not just Sissoko to drop in and cover, but the CB and hopefully Moura (who does/does not depending on whether his chip is in place)? Eric Dier left isolated in front of the defense (especially one where a CB also has to get the jitters over the RB and where the other CB is dealing with a not natural left=back) is bound to be a liability quite simply because he is not Kante. Dier when paired with a mobile passer, and treated to a right-back who does not need cover from half the team, is big asset IMO. Could we improve upon him? Perhaps. But I'd rather spend that money on a pair of full-backs who allow the rest of the side to play their natural games.

Dier has been slated for yesterday by some
He played half a game and we didn’t create when he was off or on. It’s not his job to create
IMO watching that game he did his defensive job. The issue is and will be he cannot be played with another player who doesn’t pass well. You end up with two players not comfortable with the ball

look at how we played vs West Ham with Dier and winks (and we hadn’t won away and Chelsea were on similar form to them). That West Ham team beat Chelsea
But why should we continue to carry a player who obviously needs everyone around him to put in world class performances to be able to look even half decent? Surely replacing that player with someone decent is a better option!
The "it's not his job" is gonad*s. A decent player is able to do more than one thing. A decent player is able to contribute both offensively and defensively. Kante does, Kovacic does, Moutinho does, Neves does, Mctominay does, Ndombele does, just to name a few. But Dier does not....

Last edited:
Back