• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

it’s absolutely ridiculous isn’t it? People are (one person at least) out here celebrating without having the faintest idea what this means for our club.

celebrating like it’s arsenal chairman that is getting done… disappointing and disgusting to be honest.

Let me put it this way - the Arsenal owner getting done would be a setback for them, worth celebrating.

Joe Lewis and Levy getting done would be a *boost* for us, also worth celebrating. That's how wide the gap is between their owner and ours - removing ours would be a net *positive* for the club, even if no one else came in to replace them. Because we could hire some chairman off the FTSE 100 that would probably do a better job than Levy, with less pay to boot.

So yep, you bet I'm celebrating. :smilingimp::blush::grin: if Lewis is guilty, hope he gets sent down and does his time, and we get sold to better owners and better people.

I guess and getting rid of ENIC is seen as more important than anything else.

You betcha - it is the single biggest improvement the club could make, and costs us nothing given they are worthless to us as owners - they contribute neither money nor expertise, and are deadweights with no value. We literally could do no worse just not having an owner at all.

I know you're worried about the impacts on the club, and fair enough - but for me, there are zero downsides to this for us.:D:D:grinning:

And a bit more justice in the world for our repulsive owner getting done for breaking the law, as he should have been for being a notorious tax exile who among other things, swindled Argentine indigenous communities to build a fudging ranch.

Kind of bizarre he was giving tips to his pilots so blatantly.

These cases are very hard to prove and take a long time. He's 86 and could be 90+ by the time proceedings are finished. It's interesting that he has gone to the US to face the charges.

Kind of bizarre he was giving tips to his pilots so blatantly.

These cases are very hard to prove and take a long time. He's 86 and could be 90+ by the time proceedings are finished. It's interesting that he has gone to the US to face the charges.

Not just tips - he apparently loaned them money to invest in pursuing his tips, and they then paid him a portion of the proceeds.

Also true re: general difficulty of prosecution, but they slapped him with 19 charges across 9 years from 2013 to 2021. With the confidence of the prosecutor's video they put out yesterday, it's hard to believe that they don't at the very least have strong evidence.

Edit: also, the SDNY has a 95% conviction rate, at least for criminal cases. Not the sign of an unprepared organization.

Last edited:
Notoriously hard to prove though isnt it, unless they have proof that he gained non public info from those companies he traded on. Passing on tips isn't illegal and I would imagine they will argue that being good at it isn't either.

Just to say I'm nor defending him, if he is guilty then deserves what he gets

To many it doesn't matter if he's guilty or not, just get a stake and some firewood. Who would have thought a billionaire tax exile in the investment business would ever have been involved in some shady (until proven illegal) deals?

To many it doesn't matter if he's guilty or not, just get a stake and some firewood. Who would have thought a billionaire tax exile in the investment business would ever have been involved in some shady (until proven illegal) deals?

Does he weigh the same as a Swan?

Notoriously hard to prove though isnt it, unless they have proof that he gained non public info from those companies he traded on. Passing on tips isn't illegal and I would imagine they will argue that being good at it isn't either.

Just to say I'm nor defending him, if he is guilty then deserves what he gets

US Prosecutors don't tend to charge unless they have a pretty decent case. Probably been going on for years as well.

What concern is it of the southern district of New York?

Can he not just tell them to go fudge themselves?

Let me put it this way - the Arsenal owner getting done would be a setback for them, worth celebrating.

Joe Lewis and Levy getting done would be a *boost* for us, also worth celebrating. That's how wide the gap is between their owner and ours - removing ours would be a net *positive* for the club, even if no one else came in to replace them. Because we could hire some chairman off the FTSE 100 that would probably do a better job than Levy, with less pay to boot.

So yep, you bet I'm celebrating. :smilingimp::blush::grin: if Lewis is guilty, hope he gets sent down and does his time, and we get sold to better owners and better people.

All in your very biased opinion of course… the fact is that for all you know, if Lewis gets done, Mike Ashley could buy us.

Just came here to say this. He already changed over ownership with Companies House a while back didn't he. I'm assuming they either knew this was coming, or the club have had a slice of luck

He's old. That seems a standard piece of estate planning.

But even if found guilty and he's fined and/or jailed, I doubt it would affect the club. An asset grab by courts seems unlikely and there will be US based companies easier for a NY court to sanction.

It doesn't matter who buys us there will be factions that will hate them for some reason unless it's the T.P.F.

I am intrigued on the next phase TBH, I understand the frustrations with Enic but also see the good they have done. But who as the next owners will be fascinating, I think it will test people based on what you have said, what people are willing to overlook and also what allowances will be made for mistakes based on throwing money, if they choose to.

Back