• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Re: Adebayor

Your estimation of the importance of your opinion to me is incorrect.
You were asked questions by africanspurs and myself which you have declined to answer. No big deal.

I've made myself clear regarding my views on Adebayor. I don't hide the fact that I don't get why some people on this forum want to ignore last season and STILL claim he can be good player for us despite evidence to the contrary and his career of flattering to deceive. That doesn't make me right and you wrong however.

I think AVB means by dizziness that Ade thinks far to much about himself, got his head in the clouds.

Some don't.

Who specifically doesn't want what's best for Spurs? People don't rate certain players/managers because they think we could do better in that position. Unless we had some **** like John Terry playing for us, I fail to see why Spurs fans would want Spurs players to succeed.

Who specifically doesn't want what's best for Spurs? People don't rate certain players/managers because they think we could do better in that position. Unless we had some **** like John Terry playing for us, I fail to see why Spurs fans would want Spurs players to succeed.

:-k

I hope to see him back soon. We definitely need the kind of striker Adebayor can be at his best.

Agreed.

Today, a bit like against Arsenal what he could offer that Soldado and Defoe can't could have been super valuable.

Part of why we were put under pressure was because despite their obvious problems with a high line at Chelsea we lost the ball super often when we played it long. We ended up pushing Walker up to try to hit him with long balls, a creative move that I liked, but still it highlighted how much we lacked a physical presence up front the way the game developed.

Not sure if noticed error..

Today, a bit like against Arsenal what he could offer that Soldado and Defoe can't could have been super valuable.

Part of why we were put under pressure was because despite their obvious problems with a high line at Chelsea we lost the ball super often when we played it long. We ended up pushing Walker up to try to hit him with long balls, a creative move that I liked, but still it highlighted how much we lacked a physical presence up front the way the game developed.

Some hate Ade for illogical reasons but the fact is in his last games for us he was scoring goals and even when he was not scoring Spurs were scoring.

We need him. I like him. I hope he and AVB can resolve their differences but if it comes to a him or me situation I favour AVB.

Look at this guy's record. Even in his first year, he only scored a dozen goals and that included plenty of penalties. Coupled with what is at best an erratic scoring record is his off field behaviour, his 'will I, or wont I' play in the ANC etc. Contrast this with Defoe, who just gets on with it. Ade will be gone by Jan.

Look at this guy's record. Even in his first year, he only scored a dozen goals and that included plenty of penalties. Coupled with what is at best an erratic scoring record is his off field behaviour, his 'will I, or wont I' play in the ANC etc. Contrast this with Defoe, who just gets on with it. Ade will be gone by Jan.

In his first year he contributed to over 30 goals for us, so I'm not having that he was erratic that year.

His first and second year have pretty much been polar opposites, it is strange.

The will I won't I about the African cup of nations was to do with an ethical dilemma, would you rather our footballers just not give a **** about how their fellow players are treated?

Defoe has scored 1 goal in his last 19 EPL appearances. I don't want to get into a discussion about who is better but it is plain he gets an easy ride here compared to Ade.

I am only interested in the here and now. If Ade is fit and in form he is an asset.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=17118&season_id=143

Last edited:

In his first year he contributed to over 30 goals for us, so I'm not having that he was erratic that year.

His first and second year have pretty much been polar opposites, it is strange.

The will I won't I about the African cup of nations was to do with an ethical dilemma, would you rather our footballers just not give a **** about how their fellow players are treated?

I'm talking about league goals. Stop gilding the lilley. He has never been prolific. Having him in the side was like starting games with 10 men. Well if it was an 'ethical dilemma' he needed to make his mind up. More like he is just an attention seeker. Anyway this is all academic, as I very much doubt he will play for Spurs again.

I'm talking about league goals. Stop gilding the lilley. He has never been prolific. Having him in the side was like starting games with 10 men. Well if it was an 'ethical dilemma' he needed to make his mind up. More like he is just an attention seeker. Anyway this is all academic, as I very much doubt he will play for Spurs again.

Gilding the lily?

I want spurs to win cup games as well as league games, why would i not pay attention to the stats in both? Last year was like starting with 10 men, however the previous season having him was like starting with 12.

I am pretty much 100% sure he will play for spurs again.

Defoe has scored 1 goal in his last 19 EPL appearances. I don't want to get into a discussion about who is better but it is plain he gets an easy ride here compared to Ade.

I am only interested in the here and now. If Ade is fit and in form he is an asset.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=17118&season_id=143

Of course he'll get an easier ride to Ade. That is because Defoe has been here for a long time now and loves the club. Not only does he get an easier ride, but he also deserves it for that loyalty. He only left the first time around as he was forced out.

He's a meh finisher, but I think his natural involvement in hold-up and link-up play would be invaluable for relieving pressure off us and for helping Eriksen, Lamela, and what appears to be our new goalscorer in Siggy shine. He needs to get his house in order first though - my criticism last season re: him wasn't laziness, it was his poor first touch; and that's a mental and fitness issue as much as anything else.

defoe was not forced out lol hes not loyal. he was moaning last season about not getting games.

hes best friends are all arsenal fans. if they wanted him he would be gone.

Back