• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Re: Adebayor

Emmanuel Adebayor trained with the Spurs first team today - for the first time this season.

Perhaps that means he might get a run-out in Russia on Thursday?

defoe was not forced out lol hes not loyal. he was moaning last season about not getting games.

hes best friends are all arsenal fans. if they wanted him he would be gone.

Strange comment. Ramos openly said Defoe could leave as he was behind Keane, Bent and Berbs in the pecking order. You have to define loyalty, very few/if any Spurs player would stay if a bigger club came calling but Defoe has been on the bench for large portions of his Spurs career and he still came back. I do get the sense that he likes at Spurs.

The only reason Defoe left was that Capello had told him that if he wanted to go to the WC he would have to play regular. He was sorry to leave and he said that at the time.

The only reason Defoe left was that Capello had told him that if he wanted to go to the WC he would have to play regular. He was sorry to leave and he said that at the time.

Eh? Defoe left in January 2008, after England failed to qualify for Euro 2008. Had Capello been appointed by then?

Do you mean Capello told him that in future if he wanted to be part of the squad generally he'd have to be getting more starts?

Ok so predictions on Adebayor. Once he gets a few matches under his belt, what do people see Adebayor contributing goals wise and form wise? Even I know he's better than we he gave us last season so I do expect him to bounce back to an extent.

Ok so predictions on Adebayor. Once he gets a few matches under his belt, what do people see Adebayor contributing goals wise and form wise? Even I know he's better than we he gave us last season so I do expect him to bounce back to an extent.

I think he will give Soldado more space to work in as the physical CBs will be drawn to him and also his forays deep. If we were to go 4-4-2 or similar I think Soldado and Ade could be lethal.

I think he'll score a few more goals compared to last year as well

From what I understand about this post, all you are saying is you have no ****ing idea what is going on with ade.

Which makes the overall conclusion pretty redundant.

Correct. And who the hell does know for certain what is going on with Ade? AVB - doubt it, Ade himself - unlikely given past history.

Hence my conclusion that he has wasted his talent remains valid. He is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery. Can it be unravelled? Who knows for sure?

How would we fit Adebayor in, though? We currently play 4-2-3-1, either we go 4-4-2 - and drop someone from the midfield, or we play him as one of the 3. Which means no Sigurdsson, Lamela, Townsend, Lennon, Chadli, Eriksen or Holtby. How do you guys see us lining up with Ade AND Soldado?

we bench solly if need be. is there a reason why he is undroppable? i would hope not cause it wouldnt be because of getting back the money that we spent on him as it was going down the toilet from the moment we signed him
depreciation and all that

we bench solly if need be. is there a reason why he is undroppable? i would hope not cause it wouldnt be because of getting back the money that we spent on him as it was going down the toilet from the moment we signed him
depreciation and all that

The reason I would be against that is that I think having someone like Ade next to him would unlock what is missing from Soldado's game right now. He is being marked by 2 men, not just one CB. Eriksen/Holtby don't get close enough to occupy another CB, as they play between the lines.

It's hard to know which Ade will turn up. If AVB by some miracle has discovered how to get contract season Ade playing in a non contract season then we'll have a very good striker on our hands.

In all likelihood we'll see more trapping the ball 10 yds, a complete lack of motivation and some people claiming he's helping by occupying defenders in precisely the same way Gary Doherty could occupy defenders for £240k per week less.

Anyone know if he's taking a sabbatical again this season?

The reason I would be against that is that I think having someone like Ade next to him would unlock what is missing from Soldado's game right now. He is being marked by 2 men, not just one CB. Eriksen/Holtby don't get close enough to occupy another CB, as they play between the lines.

but then why are we changing our current system and style to suit one guy...who quite frankly should be the one adapting to his new environment...which he is mind you.

It just seems like failure if we change the system to suit him. He is the guy thats supposed to be able to handle this sort of thing...we paid the asking price for him, he's what...29? this isnt a project.

The guy needs to get set up in the desired sysstem now...otherwise we try someone else in that system and if we can find people for the system ...then we change it

but then why are we changing our current system and style to suit one guy...who quite frankly should be the one adapting to his new environment...which he is mind you.

It just seems like failure if we change the system to suit him. He is the guy thats supposed to be able to handle this sort of thing...we paid the asking price for him, he's what...29? this isnt a project.

The guy needs to get set up in the desired sysstem now...otherwise we try someone else in that system and if we can find people for the system ...then we change it

How do you know that we are not already playing his preferred system? Maybe it is just taking a little time to settle.

Why would we pay £26m for a 28 year old striker and then expect him to change his game? I'd have presumed that we knew what we were buying, his style of play and his strengths and weaknesses.

Anyway on Ade, I hope he comes back and plays a big part for us. A brilliant player on his day who offers something that none of our other strikers can. I hope he has plenty of those days with is this season

How do you know that we are not already playing his preferred system? Maybe it is just taking a little time to settle.

Why would we pay £26m for a 28 year old striker and then expect him to change his game? I'd have presumed that we knew what we were buying, his style of play and his strengths and weaknesses.

Anyway on Ade, I hope he comes back and plays a big part for us. A brilliant player on his day who offers something that none of our other strikers can. I hope he has plenty of those days with is this season

Managers ask Director of Football to bring in a striker with certain attributes. Director of Football brings in a striker, but it turns out that striker doesn't have the attributes the Manager actually wanted after all. Not exactly an uncommon situation.

Back