• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Re: Adebayor

Really like your posts normally mate, but:

NotSureIfSerious.jpg

to follow the picture and trying to live up to the character of the joker in that batman

i am DEADLY serious!!

to follow the picture and trying to live up to the character of the joker in that batman

i am DEADLY serious!!

Let's not forget why we spent so much on Soldado. His overall play isn't top drawer but we've been crying out for a goalscorer for years. I have no doubt Soldado will score goals, more than any striker on our books once the team fully clicks. He's the best finisher at the club.

Adebayor is a flake to put it lightly. Obviously he is talented, but he doesn't have the hunger.

Let's not forget why we spent so much on Soldado. His overall play isn't top drawer but we've been crying out for a goalscorer for years. I have no doubt Soldado will score goals, more than any striker on our books once the team fully clicks. He's the best finisher at the club.

so you dont think ade on form can finish AND offer more to the team overall?

solly may very well be the best finisher but would you rather feel like you play with a man short in build up?

genuine question here.......i am good with either one of them either way tbh

i just see an inform Ade making us a team that beats the **** out of the opposition at all areas of the pitch.

but then again...solly might be a hattrick regular

i never saw lineker play. would you say his game is extremely similar to solly?

Last edited:

so you dont think ade on form can finish AND offer more to the team overall?

solly may very well be the best finisher but would you rather feel like you play with a man short in build up?

genuine question here.......i am good with either one of them either way tbh

i just see an inform Ade making us a team that beats the **** out of the opposition at all areas of the pitch.

but then again...solly might be a hattrick regular

i never saw lineker play. would you say his game is extremely similar to solly?

I believe an in form Soldado offers more goals than an in form Adebayor, whose hold up play may be better but as this is not a contract season for him, I don't think we'll be seeing the type of form we saw two seasons ago. Like I said earlier, Soldado is far more reliable. I'm not a fan of enigmatic problem childs like Adebayor, Balotelli or Suarez.

I also think Soldado will get into goal scoring positions more often than Adebayor would. I know it's early days, but we look a far more creative side than last season.

I'm just about old enough to remember Linekar but I was only a young lad when he was at Spurs so my opinion of him isn't as detailed as older Spurs fans, but what I gathered about him was that he was a poacher so I guess Soldado is similar in that sense, although I remember Linekar was quite quick in his prime, probably quicker than Soldado.

He's clearly been confined to the kids not due to lack of match fitness (he would obtain that with the first team squad, long term injured players don't come back and train with the kids for weeks on end), but because AVB doesn't want him around the squad. Just like he didn't want his "Brother from another Mother" around either.

Poor man management from AVB or poor attitude from Adebayor? Without knowing the full facts it's impossible to tell. Both have previous on this at other clubs, so it's probably a case of both are partly to blame.

What I do think is that this is poor footballing management. We need Adebayor as an option if he is available. AVB falling out with a player is one thing, but completely freezing him out seems stupid to me. What makes a great manager isn't being able to manage players who want to play for you and the club, but managing and getting performances out of players who don't like you or don't want to be at the club.

I'm pleased that your certainty was unfounded

I believe an in form Soldado offers more goals than an in form Adebayor, whose hold up play may be better but as this is not a contract season for him, I don't think we'll be seeing the type of form we saw two seasons ago. Like I said earlier, Soldado is far more reliable. I'm not a fan of enigmatic problem childs like Adebayor, Balotelli or Suarez.

I also think Soldado will get into goal scoring positions more often than Adebayor would. I know it's early days, but we look a far more creative side than last season.

I'm just about old enough to remember Linekar but I was only a young lad when he was at Spurs so my opinion of him isn't as detailed as older Spurs fans, but what I gathered about him was that he was a poacher so I guess Soldado is similar in that sense, although I remember Linekar was quite quick in his prime, probably quicker than Soldado.

but surely we look a creative side inspite of solly? The guy doesnt get as involved consistently yet as i had hoped. would we not be more of a potent threat with someone that we can play off of? or someone that allows us fluid motion all the way to the goal line?

dont get me wrong, i totally get your point, just think that if we have to wait to create the chances for a guy like solly to become relevant then really all we need is a guy that is a half decent finisher....defoe?

i do think that now that we have solly we have a player that answers a lot of the finishing questions. we no longer have that excuse. but if he isnt scoring...whats he doing? whereas when Ade isnt scoring he still offers us alot. (and this is when he is on form. which granted it doesnt look like he has had a chance to show us either way)

AVB has said Ade has been ill, but has he not been tweeting a bit about training recently?

i would probably say that AVB is allegedly lieing but there are a few mods that go nuts when you question the dude or throw some accusatory comments in his direction, so i wont be doing that. too risky.

personally would take the illness thing with quite a bit of salt

I'd be interested to see a full on form Ade playing off the shoulder of Soldado, perhaps something like this:

--------------Soldado----------------
----Ade-------------------Erik-------

Erik is an example of the other side :D

How about:

--------------Soldado--------------

-----Ade--------------Erik----------

------------Erikson------------------

------Sandro------Paulinho---------

F*ck me, so much depth - I'm lost! :D

I'd be interested to see a full on form Ade playing off the shoulder of Soldado, perhaps something like this:

--------------Soldado----------------
----Ade-------------------Erik-------

Erik is an example of the other side :D

How about:

--------------Soldado--------------

-----Ade--------------Erik----------

------------Erikson------------------

------Sandro------Paulinho---------

F*ck me, so much depth - I'm lost! :D

I think that could work. His natural game is drifting left and coming inside

but surely we look a creative side inspite of solly? The guy doesnt get as involved consistently yet as i had hoped. would we not be more of a potent threat with someone that we can play off of? or someone that allows us fluid motion all the way to the goal line?

dont get me wrong, i totally get your point, just think that if we have to wait to create the chances for a guy like solly to become relevant then really all we need is a guy that is a half decent finisher....defoe?

i do think that now that we have solly we have a player that answers a lot of the finishing questions. we no longer have that excuse. but if he isnt scoring...whats he doing? whereas when Ade isnt scoring he still offers us alot. (and this is when he is on form. which granted it doesnt look like he has had a chance to show us either way)
You are wasting your time, mate.

Ade could score in 10 games on the trot but JTG would still be going on about the olden days.

What I do think is that this is poor footballing management. We need Adebayor as an option if he is available. AVB falling out with a player is one thing, but completely freezing him out seems stupid to me. What makes a great manager isn't being able to manage players who want to play for you and the club, but managing and getting performances out of players who don't like you or don't want to be at the club.

Managers having battles with people is not good. Ade ain't a schmuck.

As long as Spurs interests are best served I don't care who "wins"

Fergie managed Cantona.

You are wasting your time, mate.

Ade could score in 10 games on the trot but JTG would still be going on about the olden days.

He could go 30 games without a goal and you would still claim he's been playing brilliantly. I'm surprised you haven't given him credit for our 4 league wins this season.

Give him time, he'll flourish once he's used to playing alongside Eriksen, Lamela and co. He's already got himself into great positions. Ok say we may have to wait a little while before he is bang in form, but how long do you want to wait for Adebayor to get up to speed? Hasn't exactly had an ideal pre season has he?

You say Soldado doesn't offer a lot except goals whilst Adebayor offers more, last season for the most part he offered literally nothing. Balls bounced off him like a brick wall, didn't create chances for others, didn't hold the ball up. This forum was the only place where I saw people standing up for him. In real life, every football fan (Spurs and non Spurs alike) I came across were univerally slating him. Honestly the excuses that the likes of Onlyme made for him were laughable. Giving him credit for Bale scoring screamers by "creating space" also known as being on the pitch when Bale scored. Might as well have given Lloris credit for Bale's goals too.

Fair enough we didn't have a lot of creativity in the side but we've had far, far less quality in recent times but duffers like Chris Armstrong and Rebrov managed to contribute more than Adebayor did.

One more thing, does he lack of desire and somewhat questionable attitude not worry you in any way? To me, he's not good enough to warrant all the baggage that comes with him.

Last edited:

Give him time, he'll flourish once he's used to playing alongside Eriksen, Lamela and co. He's already got himself into great positions. Ok say we may have to wait a little while before he is bang in form, but how long do you want to wait for Adebayor to get up to speed? Hasn't exactly had an ideal pre season has he?

You say Soldado doesn't offer a lot except goals whilst Adebayor offers more, last season for the most part he offered literally nothing. Balls bounced off him like a brick wall, didn't create chances for others, didn't hold the ball up. This forum was the only place where I saw people standing up for him. In real life, every football fan (Spurs and non Spurs alike) I came across were univerally slating him. Honestly the excuses that the likes of Onlyme made for him were laughable. Giving him credit for Bale scoring screamers by "creating space" also known as being on the pitch when Bale scored. Might as well have given Lloris credit for Bale's goals too.

Fair enough we didn't have a lot of creativity in the side but we've had far, far less quality in recent times but duffers like Chris Armstrong and Rebrov managed to contribute more than Adebayor did.

One more thing, does he lack of desire and somewhat questionable attitude not worry you in any way? To me, he's not good enough to warrant all the baggage that comes with him.

And this to do with Ade has what?

Chris Armstrong and Rebrov got mentioned?????

Please can everyone discuss the topic and treat each other with respect. Polarising language hardly aids discussion.

Back