• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Re: Adebayor

Not aimed at anyone in particular Onlyme but people are taking a more personal tone in this thread and I'd like to nip it in the bud before it escalates.

I'm pleased that your certainty was unfounded

Me too. Adebayor offers something up top that Soldado and Defoe don't, and despite his poor form last season he is an option we need to be using. Having him train with the kids was clearly a punishment (that both parties will now no doubt deny), but I am pleased to see AVB didn't treat him the same way as he treated Chelsea players in a similar situation in the not so distant past.

Managers having battles with people is not good. Ade ain't a schmuck.

As long as Spurs interests are best served I don't care who "wins"

Fergie managed Cantona.

I don't think Cantona is comparable to Ade in terms of ability or in terms of mentality.

Didn't Ferguson have "battles" with Stam and Keane?

i would probably say that AVB is allegedly lieing but there are a few mods that go nuts when you question the dude or throw some accusatory comments in his direction, so i wont be doing that. too risky.

personally would take the illness thing with quite a bit of salt

Certainly AVB has no problems... shall we say distorting the truth... when he feels that it's in the club's (or his?) benefit. Not sure if this is likely to be one of those situations though.

In the pre-match press conference (omt) AVB said that Ade had been ill and been feeling dizzy this week and (to me) made it seem like this was a major reason why he had been training with the reserves, although he was explicit about that part.

He also said that he expected Ade to return to training with the first team on Monday.

For me at least, if AVB has sent Ade to train with the reserves because he's not in contention for a first team spot then saying that he's been ill to attempt to cover it up makes no sense unless he's planning to make up a new story every week. His claim about Ade returning to training on Monday will soon be seen ether to be true or false.

We all want the best for Spurs, and what is better than Ade coming back, ready to fight for his place in the starting eleven? As brainclipse says, we will soon know if AVB is covering up something, if Ade trains on Monday I guess we will see some pictures afterwards.
I've been saying all summer that I think Ade will respond well to getting hard competition - if given a fair chance to play. Got a good, maybe naive, feelling that Ade will be important to us over a long season. What he did the last 4-5 matches last season, and from the little he played in pre season, I am glad he stayed.

i would probably say that AVB is allegedly lieing but there are a few mods that go nuts when you question the dude or throw some accusatory comments in his direction, so i wont be doing that. too risky.

personally would take the illness thing with quite a bit of salt

I know this sounds odd, but I think AVB lies with integrity - i.e. the intentions are usually higher. When he does it seems to be say to protect a player, rather than one-upmanship.

Bale's latin name for a 'pain in the ****' injury was brilliant, but deflected attention away from the fact that he was mentally all over the place/being a **** (delete as appropriate).

From what I've seen/heard about Ade, he can be pretty thick/frustrating, but it doesn't seem like he's actively difficult.

AVB has a really progressive attitude to compassion (see some of the stories in his biography about giving players unconditional extended leave). If I had to guess what was going on, I'd say he's covering for a bereavement-related/mental health issue.

Interesting point about AVB's previous with extended leaves for players that have experienced personal tragedies GB. Didn't think of that one before.

I woulod expect him to start vs Hull in the cup... he will tear **** up and give AVB some more headaches....

he wont start in the league for a while though, getting cup games with Defoe pushing for a league spot at the moment (not that I would start him tomo - we need Soldado's clinical finished in a game like this)

Interesting point about AVB's previous with extended leaves for players that have experienced personal tragedies GB. Didn't think of that one before.

Yeah for anyone who hasn't heard this before, when Hulk's young cousin drowned (I think that was the relation/circumstance), he bought the Hulk family one-way tickets back and said not to return till he was ready.

The author's comment was that he may have lost the player for a couple of extra matches that he needed to, but he won his loyalty for life.

Another case at Porto (or maybe Academia) related to a late-stage miscarriage. I think Bale was also the first player ever to take proper paternity leave.

its clear that AVB was prepared to let Ade leave this summer. He was given permission to talk to other clubs but of course no deals were finalised and Ade ended up staying with us once the window closed.

It all now depends on how Ade feels about still being at Spurs. He must feel the manager doesnt rate him, so does Ade want to knuckle down and prove him wrong, or does he just want to drift along without fully contributing much whilst he is still around

its clear that AVB was prepared to let Ade leave this summer. He was given permission to talk to other clubs but of course no deals were finalised and Ade ended up staying with us once the window closed.

It all now depends on how Ade feels about still being at Spurs. He must feel the manager doesnt rate him, so does Ade want to knuckle down and prove him wrong, or does he just want to drift along without fully contributing much whilst he is still around

That is indeed the question. (Were you by chance holding a skull whilst you were typing that?)

AVB has shown with Dawson that if a player works hard and performs when given a chance he will still give playing time to a player he wanted to get rid off earlier on. Some of the tweets from Ade at least shows that he might be interested in doing just that.

Would be good to see Ade in one of the cup games coming up.

Please can everyone discuss the topic and treat each other with respect. Polarising language hardly aids discussion.

He can't deal with the fact that I don't rate Adebayor and am not a fan of the way he conducts himself in his career. He seems to take it personally for some reason. He's in complete denial about Adebayor's shocking form last season and will cherry pick stats that make him look good like 3 in the last 4 games of the season and completely ignore long stretches of barren spells.

I woulod expect him to start vs Hull in the cup... he will tear **** up and give AVB some more headaches....

he wont start in the league for a while though, getting cup games with Defoe pushing for a league spot at the moment (not that I would start him tomo - we need Soldado's clinical finished in a game like this)

What makes you think he will "tear **** up"? This thread reminds of the 2010/11 season when everyone thought Defoe would come good despite having a nightmare season after his injury. To me it's just blind faith.

I accept that a club like Spurs can't afford to have 3 or even 2 world class strikers knocking around with potentially two of them not playing. So purely on talent, Adebayor is a good option as backup to Soldado and Defoe. Personally, I would rather we signed someone more reliable. Shane Long is one that has been mooted on this forum, I'm not saying he's more talented than Adebayor, but he would be a decent signing. That is just one player I've thought of.

He can't deal with the fact that I don't rate Adebayor and am not a fan of the way he conducts himself in his career. He seems to take it personally for some reason. He's in complete denial about Adebayor's shocking form last season and will cherry pick stats that make him look good like 3 in the last 4 games of the season and completely ignore long stretches of barren spells.

Your estimation of the importance of your opinion to me is incorrect.
You were asked questions by africanspurs and myself which you have declined to answer. No big deal.

Completely agree with J the G on this one.

Can't understand what is going on with Ade. Has he been training with the development squad or has he been "ill". ? Will he start to train with the first team squad on Monday or is this another bamboozlement? Has AVB given up on him or has he done enough to warrant another chance. Will AVB risk unsettling the morale he is building up in the squad with a flakey Ade?

What a waste of a talent. Such a shame for ALL Spurs fans.

Some don't.

LOL Right back at yah biatch. :lol:

old_lady_purse_fight.gif

Completely agree with J the G on this one.

Can't understand what is going on with Ade. Has he been training with the development squad or has he been "ill". ? Will he start to train with the first team squad on Monday or is this another bamboozlement? Has AVB given up on him or has he done enough to warrant another chance. Will AVB risk unsettling the morale he is building up in the squad with a flakey Ade?

What a waste of a talent. Such a shame for ALL Spurs fans.

From what I understand about this post, all you are saying is you have no ****ing idea what is going on with ade.

Which makes the overall conclusion pretty redundant.

Good to see Ade in the tunnel before the match. I wouldn't have expected him around the team on a match day if he had been isolated and a bad influence.

Back