• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Then why say it then?

Reading between the lines Ade is hinting that there is some tension at the club. You don't need to be a psychologist to work that out. It mainly comes down to whether it's merely Ade's perception or whether Ade is lying to make a point.

What is damning without reading between the lines is what Ade has said about his own personal feelings and circumstances at the club.

Bottom line is, Ade should keep his mouth shut.

Reading between the lines Ade is hinting that there is some tension at the club. You don't need to be a psychologist to work that out. It mainly comes down to whether it's merely Ade's perception or whether Ade is lying to make a point.

What is damning without reading between the lines is what Ade has said about his own personal feelings and circumstances at the club.

Bottom line is, Ade should keep his mouth shut.

Now you are trying to baffle with flimflam :ross:

Adebayor is absolutely key to us gaining any sort of form. People need to calm down and ride out the storm. If we miss out on a good season this year than so be it, the long term goal is what's important. We need to make Ade feel the love and get him playing as he did last term.

Now you are trying to baffle with flimflam :ross:

What exactly is your problem? Is it that you don't believe people should have an opinion that differs from yours? Or that people shouldn't speculate about their football club on a football club forum?

It seems to me that you think a lot of people talk brick. Me, Redknapp. Or is it simply that when you don't agree with someone you accuse them of talking brick?

Adebayor is absolutely key to us gaining any sort of form. People need to calm down and ride out the storm. If we miss out on a good season this year than so be it, the long term goal is what's important. We need to make Ade feel the love and get him playing as he did last term.

What do you think the long term goal is?

So you came into the situation with a preconceived opinion of how things would work out.

Now you're jumping to conclusions after Ade has started a grand total of 4 games this season.

At least give him a chance. For that matter give AVB a chance to actually get the best out of him.

After coming back from injury he looked good just about straight away, not sure where he got that all important confidence from when he was injured?

A lot of things can be said and have been said about the red card against Arsenal, but that tackle and the way he played that game was not a result of him not caring.

Of course I have a preconceived opinion, everyone generally does about most things. That doesn't mean that's my view and I'm never gonna change it. I used to think Huddlestone was gonna be a top midfielder (he's not), thought Vertonghen was risky coming from the Dutch league (he's now our best defender), thought Sigurdsson was the next Lampard (it appears he has the technique but not the mentality).

My conclusions are not based on the amount of games he's played but the quotes he's come out with.
AVB has his work cut out to sort his most vital player's head out.

Sadly I can't see us ever seriously competing for the title in the current footballing economic climate.

If we bought a striker like Falcao or Aguero the season after we qualified for CL,I m certain we would have been title challengers for years to come.Adebayor,as good and as vital as he has been for us,doesn't really have the ability to dribble past 2-3 players and score a goal on his own and make the difference when it's really tough.

If we bought a striker like Falcao or Aguero the season after we qualified for CL,I m certain we would have been title challengers for years to come.Adebayor,as good and as vital as he has been for us,doesn't really have the ability to dribble past 2-3 players and score a goal on his own and make the difference when it's really tough.

Exactly this. We missed the boat twice in the January window by failing to sign a top quality striker and twice it cost us CL football. Ade is not THE man like Drogba was for Chelsea. Jose had him on loan at Real Madrid and elected not to sign him permanently. Doesnt this say something about him. Wenger and Mancini didnt exactly try hard to keep him at their clubs either.

You would have thought he would have something to prove. The annoying thing is that he has all the attributes but just doesnt apply himself - certainly not often enough.

Surely that is what he is saying? In the current football climate, we cannot afford players like Falcao and Aguero, either in terms of transfer fee or wages. Falcao was bought for somewhere near 40 million euroes, which is about double our transfer record.

And people are a bit deluded about the effect one season in the CL has. Most players don't give a fudge about that, they want money or regular CL participation (or preferable both).

And Falcao doesn't doo too much dribbling past 2-3 players.

Exactly this. We missed the boat twice in the January window by failing to sign a top quality striker and twice it cost us CL football. Ade is not THE man like Drogba was for Chelsea. Jose had him on loan at Real Madrid and elected not to sign him permanently. Doesnt this say something about him. Wenger and Mancini didnt exactly try hard to keep him at their clubs either.

You would have thought he would have something to prove. The annoying thing is that he has all the attributes but just doesnt apply himself - certainly not often enough.

Ridiculous argument to be honest.

Emirates Marketing Project and Real Madrid have the two most expensive squads in the world at the moment and can sign players almost at will. Both are champions of the two hardest leagues in the world.

Both have, between them, Benzema, Higuain, Ronaldo, Callejon, Aguero, Tevez, Balotelli and Dzeko.

Wenger did try hard to keep him but, like pretty much all his players now that want to leave, let them leave when the acceptable offer came in (25 million, almost 10 million higher than our transfer record).

I've never understood this argument. Oh, he wasn't good enough for Emirates Marketing Project or Real Madrid! When we become as good as either of those teams, make sure to remind me. Then we can start turning our noses up at players like Adebayor.

Ridiculous argument to be honest.

Emirates Marketing Project and Real Madrid have the two most expensive squads in the world at the moment and can sign players almost at will. Both are champions of the two hardest leagues in the world.

Both have, between them, Benzema, Higuain, Ronaldo, Callejon, Aguero, Tevez, Balotelli and Dzeko.

Wenger did try hard to keep him but, like pretty much all his players now that want to leave, let them leave when the acceptable offer came in (25 million, almost 10 million higher than our transfer record).

I've never understood this argument. Oh, he wasn't good enough for Emirates Marketing Project or Real Madrid! When we become as good as either of those teams, make sure to remind me. Then we can start turning our noses up at players like Adebayor.

Leave your facts and common sense out of this. Let people moan for no good reason.

Surely that is what he is saying? In the current football climate, we cannot afford players like Falcao and Aguero, either in terms of transfer fee or wages. Falcao was bought for somewhere near 40 million euroes, which is about double our transfer record.

And people are a bit deluded about the effect one season in the CL has. Most players don't give a fudge about that, they want money or regular CL participation (or preferable both).

And Falcao doesn't doo too much dribbling past 2-3 players.

My point is,if we wanted to establish ourselves as a top club for the upcoming years,we should have taken the IMO relatively small risk and splash out the money for someone like Falcao.We had a fantastic team,world class players everywhere,and a mediocre strikeforce.

Maybe I m just bitter about this,but we got into the CL,we were playing fantastic football and it was painfully obvious that we needed a world class striker that could push us to the next level.We had fantastic results,beating the likes of Inter and AC Milan and we gained respect all over Europe.We just needed that 1 world class striker and we would ve ensured CL footballer for the last 2 years and we would be comfortably sitting in the first 4 spots and be way ahead of Arsenal...

It seems to me,that everything that Harry and the players worked for so hard in the last few years is now simply gone.Our squad has taken a real hit,and without Bale in the team,we are not much better than the mid table sides.
Adebayor IMO has done a good job for us,I knew that once things went south we couldn't really count on him anymore,but last season he was very good and I really cant complain about his performances.We all knew he is a moody fudger and to expect him to chase every ball in a europa league game is utopia.

To sum it up,I m dissapointed that we wasted our <maybe once in a lifetime> chance to establish ourselves as top dog in English football. :p

Back