• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

I will believe it when I see it. As I said previously, he owes us bigtime imo. I hope this is the start of some payback.

It seems like he's acting on behalf of others here.
He and his Togolese teammates, who will be on much less money than him, aren't receiving their correct pay.
He's trying to force the hand of those holding the purse-strings by rendering himself unavailable for their team until they apply justice

I will believe it when I see it. As I said previously, he owes us bigtime imo. I hope this is the start of some payback.

He owes us jack brick.

He got sent off once. All players make silly mistakes. I can't understand why you are focusing on this one, unless your preconceptions of Ade are somehow affecting what you think of him. Last season he was pretty much a model professional.

I'm one of the least patriotic people I know, but the idea that people seem to expect Ade to retire from international football for our sake seems ridiculous to me.

Does Parker owe us the same thing Roy and Pirate? After all he prioritized playing for his country this summer and he's missed months of Premier League football, probably as a direct result. Are you expecting him to turn down England if they want him back in the squad when he's fit because he owes us?

A rather interesting comparison of Tottenham's 2012-13 matches with and without Adebayor...

P0101.png

...it would appear that Spurs have been twice as successful this season without him.

Absolute flimflam.
You can't add in games where he came on as sub for less than half the game and but them in the games with Adebayor list.
You can't compare League Cup games and League games either.
I'm not Adebayor's number one fan by any means but this is some biased set of stats.

A rather interesting comparison of Tottenham's 2012-13 matches with and without Adebayor...

P0101.png

...it would appear that Spurs have been twice as successful this season without him.

Okay here's a breakdown the 4 defeats with Adebayor on the pitch above.
Chelsea - 0-1 with adebayor on the pitch, 2-3 without
Arsenal - 1-0 with adebayor, 1-5 without
Wigan - 0-0 with adebayor, 0-1 without
Emirates Marketing Project - 1-1 with adebayor, 0-1 without

Anyone who thinks we don't need Ade is mad.

We've got one five foot nothing erratic striker who is currently having a purple patch.

The season is one third of the way through and we have a relatively fresh six foot foot African goal machine ready to unleash.

Ade responds well to love from the fans and manager. He can be the difference in the big games.

Anyone who thinks we don't need Ade is mad.

We've got one five foot nothing erratic striker who is currently having a purple patch.

The season is one third of the way through and we have a relatively fresh six foot foot African goal machine ready to unleash.

Ade responds well to love from the fans and manager. He can be the difference in the big games.

I agree but I think youre insinuating you would drop Defoe - correct? I wouldnt drop Defoe but play Ade in behind - especially for the next few games that Bale is out for

He is the Spurs player I most like to watch. VDV ain't a patch on him on the ball.

If you could somehow clone Defoe and Adebayor into one, they would be the perfect striker!

Defayor would have great hold up play, be able protect the ball and lay it off when reinforcements arive. He could drop deep and change the game in midfield when needed, but also be confident and selfish when in front of goal. Showing lightening reactions and an inch perfect powerful finish.

Tottenham were handed a boost when Emmanuel Adebayor announced that he will suspend his international career with Togo after a pay dispute failed to be resolved.

The Spurs striker will take no part in the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations with Togo, who sealed their place in the tournament over Gabon in October.

Adebayor released a statement which read: 'Togo international and captain of the Sparrow Hawks Emmanuel Sheyi Adebayor hereby brings to the notice of the general public that he is suspending his international career with Togo team.

The 28-year-old last week condemned the non-payment of fees after Togo beat Morocco in an international friendly.

He also called upon the Togolese football federation to justify a substantial sum of money reportedly paid to the governing body by the Royal Moroccan Football Federation.

Adebayor said earlier this week: ‘If this does not change, then I will retire from international football and many will stop playing for our country.

'In our FA everyone thinks about their own pockets. Some players have not received their money, some have received half of it.

'Players come to me to ask about their money. It is a shame. I asked the Moroccan Federation how much they paid our Togolese FA. They told me that they paid €35,000 to President Ameyi.

'The president has the money because the Moroccan FA will not lie to me. If this continues, then no one will play for others to fill their pockets.’

The former Emirates Marketing Project man retired from international football in 2010 after the team bus was attacked by militia in Angola.

He returned to the fray this year, and has been instrumental in their qualification to the Africa Cup of Nations.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2241910/Emmanuel-Adebayor-retires-international-football.html

This is what, the third time he's retired from international football? I highly doubt it'll stay that way for long. Just hope he'll stay retired throughout the Afcon, although the Togolese FA will probably try their utmost to get him on-board before it begins.

Clearly this is just posturing to try and get better conditions so I'd expect them to reach some arrangement.

However, even if they don't and he refuses to play at the ACN, he might not be able to play for us if Togo claim he was available and called up.

Clearly this is just posturing to try and get better conditions so I'd expect them to reach some arrangement.

However, even if they don't and he refuses to play at the ACN, he might not be able to play for us if Togo claim he was available and called up.

I would assume not, as he clearly states..

'If this does not change, then I will retire from international football'

At which point his country couldn't choose to call him up.

I agree but I think youre insinuating you would drop Defoe - correct? I wouldnt drop Defoe but play Ade in behind - especially for the next few games that Bale is out for

Obviously depending on injuries and the opposition. Stick Dempsey out wider Ade behind Defoe and that covers us until Bale returns.

Defoe often excels late on in games when defenders tire and more space appears. He is the ultimate super sub coming on for 25 mins to nick a late goal or two. Its a nice problem to have on the rare occasion when they're both fit and playing well.

If you could somehow clone Defoe and Adebayor into one, they would be the perfect striker!

Defayor would have great hold up play, be able protect the ball and lay it off when reinforcements arive. He could drop deep and change the game in midfield when needed, but also be confident and selfish when in front of goal. Showing lightening reactions and an inch perfect powerful finish.

If only indeed! Sadly such an awesome striker would no doubt use Spurs as a stepping stone on his way to securing a move to Real / ManU but hopefully we'd get a few glorious seasons from him!

Twitter / SpursStatMan: Adebayor completed 44 passes in tonight's game, Defoe completed just 10.

Back