• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

My point is,if we wanted to establish ourselves as a top club for the upcoming years,we should have taken the IMO relatively small risk and splash out the money for someone like Falcao.We had a fantastic team,world class players everywhere,and a mediocre strikeforce.

Maybe I m just bitter about this,but we got into the CL,we were playing fantastic football and it was painfully obvious that we needed a world class striker that could push us to the next level.We had fantastic results,beating the likes of Inter and AC Milan and we gained respect all over Europe.We just needed that 1 world class striker and we would ve ensured CL footballer for the last 2 years and we would be comfortably sitting in the first 4 spots and be way ahead of Arsenal...

It seems to me,that everything that Harry and the players worked for so hard in the last few years is now simply gone.Our squad has taken a real hit,and without Bale in the team,we are not much better than the mid table sides.
Adebayor IMO has done a good job for us,I knew that once things went south we couldn't really count on him anymore,but last season he was very good and I really cant complain about his performances.We all knew he is a moody fudger and to expect him to chase every ball in a europa league game is utopia.

To sum it up,I m dissapointed that we wasted our <maybe once in a lifetime> chance to establish ourselves as top dog in English football. :p

I understand your frustration, one that we all share, but will all due respect, its unrealistic. We were never in for Falcao and could never have afforded his transfer fee or wages. Spending 40 million on just transfer fee is not a small risk at all.

Even if we had contrived to somehow get him, we likely would not have managed to keep the spine of the team for that long. Until we build and likely pay off the new stadium, we won't be among the truly big dogs of English football.

I understand your frustration, one that we all share, but will all due respect, its unrealistic. We were never in for Falcao and could never have afforded his transfer fee or wages. Spending 40 million on just transfer fee is not a small risk at all.

Even if we had contrived to somehow get him, we likely would not have managed to keep the spine of the team for that long. Until we build and likely pay off the new stadium, we won't be among the truly big dogs of English football.

It seems the only options people want are a Leeds or bust.

That's not a sensible way to take a club forward.

The worry that's creeping up on me is that we've missed the window of opportunity in terms of getting a jump on everyone else by building the damn thing. With Chelsea and Liverpool now sniffing around new 60-65k stadiums themselves, I've got a sinking feeling, one that tells me that they'll have their new ones up within a short time of us assembling our damn thing, and we lose the competitive advantage, because then their revenues will remain higher than ours.

Hope that isn't the case, but it is a scary thought.

Reading between the lines Ade is hinting that there is some tension at the club. You don't need to be a psychologist to work that out. It mainly comes down to whether it's merely Ade's perception or whether Ade is lying to make a point.

What is damning without reading between the lines is what Ade has said about his own personal feelings and circumstances at the club.

Bottom line is, Ade should keep his mouth shut.

"It's a good club," Adebayor told reporters. "I work hard to sign for the club, so I cannot see myself moving now, but if the club want me out, I don't have a choice. I'm here, I have just signed a new four-year deal. I'm happy, my family's happy in London, I'm happy playing for Tottenham."

damning indeed :rolleyes:

The worry that's creeping up on me is that we've missed the window of opportunity in terms of getting a jump on everyone else by building the damn thing. With Chelsea and Liverpool now sniffing around new 60-65k stadiums themselves, I've got a sinking feeling, one that tells me that they'll have their new ones up within a short time of us assembling our damn thing, and we lose the competitive advantage, because then their revenues will remain higher than ours.

Hope that isn't the case, but it is a scary thought.

Taking this off-topic for a moment, with direct regards to this sentiment, I'd love to know how close we were to stadium rights this time last year, and I'd love to know if the interest dropped off when our manger was in the dock announcing to the universe that he 'read like a 2 year old' and all the other cheeky-chappie stuff on the stand in a CROWN COURT! I suspect foreign investors don't much go for that sort of thing. Levy must've been fudging horrified!

To keep this somewhat on topic, I DO think that IF we were to get Damiao or a similar type of striker who might be getting scouted right now, then Ade would pop right up onto QPR's shopping list...

Yes, the Adebayor thread is the perfect place to discuss the stadium naming rights issue and HR's sacking.

;)

I know I know, guilty (even though I was replying) and I did try to bring it back on course. But yes, guilty. I hold my hand up. Apologies...

So what is your opinion on what Ade said? No problem?

The same as your opinion on what Arry used to say for 3 years, Moonlit - mangers/players talk brick, etc.

I am not sure I have seen a public figure, let alone a football manager, who doesn't speak brick on a regular basis. They speak brick because most public people no longer will tell the truth because the truth is often not what people want to hear and it usually damages the person telling the truth. Sad state of affairs, but that is a wider issue than just one football manager.

I don't care what a manager says publically. What AVB said after the Arsenal match was more outrageous than anything I've ever heard pass Redknapp's lips, but I understand why AVB said it and couldn't care less that he said it because I don't believe for one moment he believes it.

Last edited:
Ridiculous argument to be honest.

Emirates Marketing Project and Real Madrid have the two most expensive squads in the world at the moment and can sign players almost at will. Both are champions of the two hardest leagues in the world.

Both have, between them, Benzema, Higuain, Ronaldo, Callejon, Aguero, Tevez, Balotelli and Dzeko.

Wenger did try hard to keep him but, like pretty much all his players now that want to leave, let them leave when the acceptable offer came in (25 million, almost 10 million higher than our transfer record).

I've never understood this argument. Oh, he wasn't good enough for Emirates Marketing Project or Real Madrid! When we become as good as either of those teams, make sure to remind me. Then we can start turning our noses up at players like Adebayor.

No - he wasnt good enough to be kept as their FOURTH choice striker. What makes you think he would be good enough to be our FIRST choice striker.

As I said, he has all the attributes to do it - but some character flaw means he just doesnt do it very often. His offsides (most in PL last season) just like Defoe mean too many promising attacks break down due to him. Also his lack of aerial prowess given his size is particularly galling. Seems only to score headers AGAINST us!

No - he wasnt good enough to be kept as their FOURTH choice striker. What makes you think he would be good enough to be our FIRST choice striker.

As I said, he has all the attributes to do it - but some character flaw means he just doesnt do it very often. His offsides (most in PL last season) just like Defoe mean too many promising attacks break down due to him. Also his lack of aerial prowess given his size is particularly galling. Seems only to score headers AGAINST us!

He wasn't good enough to be fourth choice by a team that spunks money on everything and anything?

Not being fourth choice for city or real doesn't mean anything tbh.

He showed last year that he was good enough to be our first choice. I'll rather take what i saw with my own eyes over what the rich clubs do with their playthings.

Because Real Madrid spent almost 150 million euros on their front 3, Emirates Marketing Project around 160 million euros on their 4. We've spent around 25 million euros on our front 2.

I think he is good enough to be our first choice striker because I watched him all last season and have also seen him play for Arsenal, Emirates Marketing Project and Real Madrid. I also think he is good enough to be our first choice striker because he is our best striker and, since we sold Berbatov, we have shown an inability to attract a striker of anything like the quality of Berbatov or Adebayor.

A rather interesting comparison of Tottenham's 2012-13 matches with and without Adebayor...

P0101.png

...it would appear that Spurs have been twice as successful this season without him.

Considering he's been a sub for most of his games and who the losses were against I wouldn't really read anything into it.

Until you look at the fact we lost to Chelsea, Arsenal and City with him.

I don't think Adebayor can be blamed for those all by his lonesome..

Ade has suspended his international career with Togo today. Hopefully means we don't lose him in Jan/Feb next year.

He will be a vital player for us this year. He's quality. Touch, passing, hold up play, team play, and if he gets his rhythm goals.

Back