• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

I thought Ade was pretty brick tonight. His passes were a bit wayward, looked a touch lazy and just didnt touch the ball much. First half was much better than second half though. Good finish for the goal.

1354826161305.gif

we need more of these quick through the centre type goals. we're well set up for it with the wings pulling wide and dembele and dempsey pulling strings in the centre. all about running the channels intelligently. will ade be able to catch up and overtake defoe's goal tally?

Hope he starts on Sunday - looked hungry for the ball last night and is probably desperate to re-kindle his excellent form from last season

Emmanuel Adebayor: Why I'm out of Africa | The Sun |Sport|Football

EMMANUEL ADEBAYOR has revealed the real reason he will miss the African Nations Cup — and it is not about money.

The Tottenham striker launched a passionate defence of his decision to withdraw from the Togo squad for the tournament, which starts in South Africa next month.

Adebayor, 28, is haunted by the horrific day three people were shot dead when the Togo team bus was ambushed by gunmen before the 2010 tournament in Angola.

And he still fears for his safety as his country’s FA is a shambles and have ignored numerous appeals to become more professional.

So what has gone wrong with adebayor?

Looked so good last season and this season not, what has gone wrong?

Is it because he got his big contract or has he still not got full match fitness. Im wondering if he is like huddlestone in that he needs 20 games to get up to speed. His close control has gone and he does not look like he is bothered. Bebratov has that look but he has always kept his close control.

Comparing ade to dempsey someone i slagged off a lot at the start of the season at least dempsey always tries hard. I think i can see why when ade has got his move to a big club he always gets let go because his attitude is not what you need from a top striker in a club trying to go places.

My hope is we can shift him to russia in january because i think we have been sold a dummy.

Re: So what has gone wrong with adebayor?

As the old football saying goes, he needs to get a goal, by any means possible. Off his bum, if necessary. Right now it's dispiriting watching him snap at his shots and make the wrong decision time after time. Both those things can be resolved through confidence, which comes from goals. Hence the need for him to get one is immense right now.

Beyond that, not too much wrong with him. He tries hard, and he gets in the right areas, most of the time. It's just that final flourish he's utterly lacking in at the moment.

As the old football saying goes, he needs to get a goal, by any means possible. Off his bum, if necessary. Right now it's dispiriting watching him snap at his shots and make the wrong decision time after time. Both those things can be resolved through confidence, which comes from goals. Hence the need for him to get one is immense right now.

Beyond that, not too much wrong with him. He tries hard, and he gets in the right areas, most of the time. It's just that final flourish he's utterly lacking in at the moment.

I don't think he tries hard. That's my biggest issue. When he puts the effort in he can be immense. Just look at city and arse away fro examples of what he can do.

What's wrong with him?

He doesn't score EVERY single chance he gets?

Doesn't hold up the ball perfectly EVERY time?

Meh

I might get my hair done like him as well. Looking good

Arsenal fans said it, City fans said it - once he gets house warm and a nice soft contract, his form will drop, his attitude will change and he will perform totally as he pleases on that particular day. We were warned.

What's wrong with him? He's just not a very good finisher, never has been. His overall play is good, but he has too many off days for me.

Arsenal fans said it, City fans said it - once he gets house warm and a nice soft contract, his form will drop, his attitude will change and he will perform totally as he pleases on that particular day. We were warned.

Worryingly that looks the case so far

Looked so good last season and this season not, what has gone wrong?

Nothing, he wasn't clinical enough last season and he isn't clinical enough this season, nothing's changed. He should have scored ten more than he did last season, he squandered some glorious chances. Speak to any gooner fan and they'll tell you he was erratic when he play for them.

Obviously an upgrade on Plug but I never saw him as the answer and it's nothing to do with being ex Arsenal.

I'm sure someone with time on their hands could put together a compilation of the certs he missed for us last season.

Last edited:

This is it has ever since he established himself in our team. He played out of his skin for the first few matches last season and looked first tier material. The he dropped off, and didn't look particulary bothered about it either. Could be that his body language is out of sync with the rest of the world, but to me he looks like he doesn't give a brick about Tottenham Hotspur. It didn't exactly help his ego that we begged him to come back this summer despite that, either.

As I've said before, he is exactly what we need, but he's not good enough at being exactly what we need.

This. Our fans won't have it, but there must be a reason why both clubs got rid of him.

The problem we have is that AVB is giving the Ade/JD partnership plenty of games. If things don't work out (and they're hardly working at the moment) he'll have to change things.

Siggy and Dempsey are definitely starting to show some form and really are pushing for a start.

Ade would have to miss out, and if i had too choose a striker for the final touch (ie shot) it has to be JD.

Now the obvious problem with this is dealing with the inevitable fallout from Ade after being bombed.

If we can do something in Jan window, then if Ade was enquired about we may all-in be better off letting him go.

He has always been an erratic finisher but has good hold up and link play. I still think he has done well for us, ran the channels well today etc

He has always been an erratic finisher but has good hold up and link play. I still think he has done well for us, ran the channels well today etc

Everyone was moan about his performance at Villa, but I thought he stretched their backline and allowed Defoe and Bale to do the rest

Back