• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

This has probably been said, but the ultimate issue is not his peak ability, it's that he's completely unreliable. 6 starts, 1 goal, doesn't assist, doesn't get involved, never a presence in the box... The guy isn't offering anything and goes in huge waves of when he does. We need people we can rely on, obviously Soldado hasn't proven himself either, though he does seem to get involved, his build up play isn't bad, but he hasn't had his chance this season. Ade has, he's blown it, now give Soldado 6 games to start every week with the good players around him and see what he produces!

Last edited:
This has probably been said, but the ultimate issue is not his peak ability, it's that he's completely unreliable. 6 starts, 1 goal, does assist, doesn't get involved, never a presence in the box... The guy isn't offering anything and goes in huge waves of when he does. We need people we can rely on, obviously Soldado hasn't proven himself either, though he does seem to get involved, his build up play isn't bad, but he hasn't had his chance this season. Ade has, he's blown it, now give Soldado 6 games to start every week with the good players around him and see what he produces!

sums up my feelings. good post

The way people view Ade on here is a disgrace. His goal and assist ratio is top 3 of strikers we've had the club in the premier league era. He looks poor right now yet even last season, people refused to give him much credit. His work rate is far higher than soldado and he holds the ball up, has missed less sitters and brings others into the game.

He has baggage but if he didn't we wouldn't even come close to having a player like him. I don't think he's the final answer but he is easily the best option we have right now and all I see is petty criticism. Every other striker in the world is allowed to miss chances, have poor runs of form, have a few tired moments or be slightly temperamental..... When Ade does any of the above he gets hammered for it.

People don't like him and have never liked him and as such he has never been given a proper chance by spurs fans. FYI, one of the reasons he is vice capt is because he is very popular with the players and management, he trains well and sets good examples. He has his flaws but few players don't. Stop letting your misconceptions cloud your judgement on him.

When I see the viable names people give to replace him I laugh. 20m for BOny - are you bloody sure?? A load of unknown quantities around the world? Lukaku?

Some people are very very strange.

The way people view Ade on here is a disgrace. His goal and assist ratio is top 3 of strikers we've had the club in the premier league era. He looks poor right now yet even last season, people refused to give him much credit. His work rate is far higher than soldado and he holds the ball up, has missed less sitters and brings others into the game.

He has baggage but if he didn't we wouldn't even come close to having a player like him. I don't think he's the final answer but he is easily the best option we have right now and all I see is petty criticism. Every other striker in the world is allowed to miss chances, have poor runs of form, have a few tired moments or be slightly temperamental..... When Ade does any of the above he gets hammered for it.

People don't like him and have never liked him and as such he has never been given a proper chance by spurs fans. FYI, one of the reasons he is vice capt is because he is very popular with the players and management, he trains well and sets good examples. He has his flaws but few players don't. Stop letting your misconceptions cloud your judgement on him.

When I see the viable names people give to replace him I laugh. 20m for BOny - are you bloody sure?? A load of unknown quantities around the world? Lukaku?

this this a million times this.The hate not just here but many other places is just baffling.I can only assume it something to do the sheep mentality of the masses unable to make up their own minds about a player and just jump on the bandwagon, or maybe its something deeper?
I saw the 20m being thrown around for Bony aswell, just amazing. What has Bony done? 1 good EPL season so we must ditch Ade for him? LOL.
Ade is realistically the highest level of striker we can realistically aim for the current state we are in, and only have in the first place because City originally payed most of his wages.Unless we unearth another gem like Berbatov again we arnt gonna get any better.

i don't know why valid criticism of certain players always draws out the haters comments. i defended Adebayor as much as anyone during AVBs time here but if you can't see he is in poor form and that his performances so far deserve criticism then i think you've been watching a different player to me this season.

disagree but respect with everything you wrote except the last line.

Perhaps I should have wrote ' I find some people very strange' as in I just don't get it.

I fully agree he deserves criticism this year as he really hasn't been good enough but there are at least a dozen strikers in the same boat who most fans would love in our team. To me he doesn't look right physically - nothing to do with desire, more due to the actual ability to move.

Also to the criticism of him working the channels - 100% he is being asked to do that. If managers have a striker who can do that they often will - pulling defenders out of positions and leaving spaces for midfield runners..... If you see him doing it, please remember he is almost certainly asked to do so. Blame the manager, not him

I fcuking loved him when we first signed him, he was awesome, double digit goals and assists, beating up cb's every week, wonderful player

I fcuking loved him when we first signed him, he was awesome, double digit goals and assists, beating up cb's every week, wonderful player

After he got continuation on his lucrative contract, his form seemed to dip ... first year wonder, wherever he's been unfortunately. Him and Bobby shoulda been moved on during the summer, we won't get better with them, nor our money back.

that's the thing, I don't hate ade because I've always hated ade, I hate him now because he lets us down every week whilst knowing he could be so much better if he'd only pull his finger out

that's the thing, I don't hate ade because I've always hated ade, I hate him now because he lets us down every week whilst knowing he could be so much better if he'd only pull his finger out

I do not "hate" Ade, I just think at the moment he is not justifying a starting place as our sole striker

that's fair enough, it's been an increasingly rapid progression for me, at first I was mildly annoyed with his laissez-faire attitude before moving onto cheesed off, then flabbergasted, this season he seems to ramped up his inefecti

We all know what your thinking. Lets put it on the other foot then shall we if you want to open that door and ask the colour of everyone's skin just so we know where we all stand.. fukin numpty.

I'll kick of by saying I am white.. British male.

I genuinely was not talking about the colour of his skin. But interesting you went there.

Great post.

When he signed I was pleased, 100%, had nothing against him, once he was one of ours.
After watching him him in more detail, I realised he had the first touch of a rapist, but still didn't dislike him.
Then, we had all the African nations shizzle, and too many games where he makes Berbatov look like a grafter.
5 decent games a season aint good enough, get rid, do whatever, but play Kane ahead of him for now.

Maybe he was just talking about his Arsenal connections? I didn't see him mention colour :-"

If he is referring to his Arsenal collections, then he's wrong on that level too. Such a fallacy. I would sign Ozil, Oxlaide Chamberlain, Walcott, Koscielny or Giroud in a heartbeat. Yeah some/all of them are ***** but they'd improve our squad.

Back