• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Intriguing. He must feel totally under appreciated and we've seen how our strikers can react when bought back into the first team.
Every interview I've read makes him sound like quite a positive type. I assume there's a limit to that positivity though.

See I'm not really sure I can agree its a strictly lone striker system we are trying to play. Are ericksen, Lamella and chadli not supposed to be breaking or penetrating into the box to support the striker? That's how I think it's supposed to work eventually. It just seems to be taking a while for it all to gel.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

See I'm not really sure I can agree its a strictly lone striker system we are trying to play. Are ericksen, Lamella and chadli not supposed to be breaking or penetrating into the box to support the striker? That's how I think it's supposed to work eventually. It just seems to be taking a while for it all to gel.

Certainly the wide two are - in attack the system should be similar to a 4-3-3. Depending on the opponent the middle one of the three may push up too.

Not disputing that and I do believe a real number 9 as backup to Ade or the development of Kane in to this position will be something Poch will be thinking about.

Concerns me about Soldado though. I really do want him to succeed. Not sure how, unless he tears it up in Europa league as a lone striker.

That would certainly help his cause. I realize its not ideal playing with that supporting cast (2nd eleven, so to speak), however most every top striker played with some dross at some time or other and still produced and came through.

A handicap I see for him in the PL, esp. as a lone striker, is that he's not much in the air. He's only about 5.10 but that's still taller than Rooney who's listed at 5.9. And obviously Rooney is physically stronger too (IMO). So, I think that narrows down Soldo's windows of opportunities somewhat, so to speak. Doesn't mean he can't head a ball at all or I dislike him as a person or anything. Just saying. Whether he should be given a run of games or not, not sure tactically or physically he's a 90min starter against every team in this league home and way, IMO.

Last edited:
That would certainly help his cause. I realize its not ideal playing with that supporting cast (2nd eleven, so to speak), however most every top striker played with some dross at some time or other and still produced and came through.

[B[A handicap I see for him in the PL, esp. as a lone striker, is that he's not much in the air. He's only about 5.10 but that's still taller than Rooney who's listed at 5.9. [/b] And obviously Rooney is physically stronger too (IMO). So, I think that narrows down Soldo's windows of opportunities somewhat, so to speak. Doesn't mean he can't head a ball at all or I dislike him as a person or anything. Just saying. Whether he should be given a run of games or not, not sure tactically he's a 90min starter against every team in this league, IMO.

Ade being a foot taller doesn't appear to make him any better in the air.

Crosses lofted into the box is probably the least effective form of attacking anyway.

But if we are playing inverted wingers who aren't crossing ariel prowess shouldn't matter to much. I'm not speaking about any of the three in particular here by the way, none of them are great in the air. I think the whole lone striker thing us relevant to our three strikers. The conundrum is the three if them all want to play it differently!
IMO they could all do a job if played to their strengths. For me personally I prefer Soldado because that's the way I prefer football to be played.

So poch has come out and backed ade...'I believe in him'

suppose anything else than backing ade publicly is counter productive in our current situation. privately i would wager he has had enough like the majority of us. I doubt that this time next year either ade or solly will be here.

Basic man management - back your players in public, whether it's different in private.

ADE needs to be loved more than most- all this running around is killing him. He's the classic poacher type striker but has to be ball to feet.

Kane May not be as mobile but I think he has shown he had some skills and is more clinical than ADE and Soldado. He should play more, he might just develop into a top to player!

I recall when he was back from exile last season and scoring he was moaning at every mistake that lamela made or seemed to made.

Not so much these days, more respectful to fellow team mates.

Maybe its Poch's team discipline and disdain for prima donnas, maybe it reflects his confidence level and state of mind.

Ade's 15 minutes versus Besiktas .... Did he break into a sprint during his 15 minutes ?

Did he *******s.....He's clearly taking the **** now .

Ade's 15 minutes versus Besiktas .... Did he break into a sprint during his 15 minutes ?

Did he *******s.....He's clearly taking the **** now .

He did actually, he pressed them, he was running back to front closing their defenders down. He did have a hilarious moment when we were attacking after the equaliser when I think Ben Davies put a dangerous cross in and Ade miscontrolled it and ended up 'clearing it' for Besiktas as the commentator pointed out but I honestly can't find fault with his performance. He offered more threat in 15 minutes than Soldado had in the previous 75

He did actually, he pressed them, he was running back to front closing their defenders down. He did have a hilarious moment when we were attacking after the equaliser when I think Ben Davies put a dangerous cross in and Ade miscontrolled it and ended up 'clearing it' for Besiktas as the commentator pointed out but I honestly can't find fault with his performance. He offered more threat in 15 minutes than Soldado had in the previous 75

NWND - But he didn't break into a sprint once! Players that had been on from the start were running harder than him .

NWND - But he didn't break into a sprint once! Players that had been on from the start were running harder than him .

Ade never looks like he is running fast, but if you look at how quickly he covered the ground to close them down and how we managed to relieve the pressure and make sure not only did we not concede a losing goal to a team that had been on top for hte last 10 mins before the equaliser, but also actually put pressure on them to gain the lead again in the last few minutes, partly helped by the increased pressure on their defence by Ade being on the pitch, you'll realise that he was sprinting. An Ade sprint looks like a Lennon stroll, because Ade has long giraffe legs, while Lennon has little legs that rotate like helicopter blades like cartoon characters :)

I wish I could be bothered to make a video of his contribution to highlight the fact the above simply is not true, but I really cannot be arssed to spend more then 30 seconds on this twunt of a player discussing it.

I strongly disagree with that, IMO a large part of their increased ascendancy in the last 15 was that the out ball to a deep Soldado had gone.

He really didn't mate. Soldado wasn't amazing either, but he had the odd moment showing good link up play, ade just didn't do a thing and I actually rate him.

:ross:

Turn yourself in!!

Ade never looks like he is running fast, but if you look at how quickly he covered the ground to close them down and how we managed to relieve the pressure and make sure not only did we not concede a losing goal to a team that had been on top for hte last 10 mins before the equaliser, but also actually put pressure on them to gain the lead again in the last few minutes, partly helped by the increased pressure on their defence by Ade being on the pitch, you'll realise that he was sprinting. An Ade sprint looks like a Lennon stroll, because Ade has long giraffe legs, while Lennon has little legs that rotate like helicopter blades like cartoon characters :)
A person sprinting moves their legs quickly. Just because Ade has a longer stride and can move faster at the same stride speed doesn't mean he was running.

Back