• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Re: Official - Adebayor

I wonder if we will try and sell him again in the summer. His value will fluctuate massively depending on his form and it would make sense to sell him whilst his stock is high.

That's it! The pro-team primadonna, that's the attitude Ade needs to keep.

The confidence to know he's the best player on the pitch, but still caring enough about the team to want the best for the team.

Are-you-serious-.jpg

First off, I apologize if I came across as being harsh…I was responding to what seemed a flippant reaction to a single issue. Having read some of your thoughts today, I can see this is actually a deep philosophical reaction to something which has been 'opened up' in your mind, a personal epiphany of sorts I suppose, and such things are not trivial in any way. So again, apologies for seeming perhaps sanctimonious.

I disagree re: Adebayor, that much is obvious, but I certainly understand your grief for what modern football has become. I suppose I choose to ignore it and focus on the core of what I love (the club - why? because. Rational? Certainly not!) but again, I get it, I see what you're feeling…

Good luck with the wee one. I have a 21 and a nearly-9 year old. Yes, life changes, but it's excellent!

Hope the love for Spurs and footy comes back mate, Steff

Seriously you have a 21 yr old?

I still dont know why I think YOURE the 21 yr old... Maybe its something to do with the calibre of your posts I dont know ;)

I wonder if we will try and sell him again in the summer. His value will fluctuate massively depending on his form and it would make sense to sell him whilst his stock is high.

guess that will depend on the manager situation, if Tim stays does he feel Adebayor will perform to the standard he is setting now - if a new guy comes in will he fancy him?

also, with one year left on his contract (i believe) we'd probably attempt a renegotiation should we be wanting him to stay - which could prove to be a big stumbling block (wage and length)

Has anyone found out exactly what went down between Ade and AVB this season??

It's strange because with all the anti-Ade moaning he did play a significant number of games last season, plus he did go to the far east tour before his brother sadly died. I'm sure he played in that game vs Sunderland before the Bale circus hit.

Something really must have happened between after that, and something BIG; much more than "he's not a player that I like". After all he apparently didn't fancy him last year and still used him anyway.

So what REALLY happened??

for all you know, AVB may have just kept him on the sides to build up that hunger for the game. To be honest during those times when he appeared under AVB he looked half hearted at best.

He might not be the best player on the pitch for most games, although when on form he's certainly up there among our best players. That's not the point I was trying to make though.

He needs to have the confidence to think/know that he is the best player on the pitch.

guess that will depend on the manager situation, if Tim stays does he feel Adebayor will perform to the standard he is setting now - if a new guy comes in will he fancy him?

also, with one year left on his contract (i believe) we'd probably attempt a renegotiation should we be wanting him to stay - which could prove to be a big stumbling block (wage and length)

It's a tricky one. History shows that Adebayor's troughs in form normally swiftly follow a peak and when he is not interested, he is worse than useless.

If we got a decent offer for him in the summer, I am sure that the club would find it tempting, regardless of who the manager is. The problem being that an on form Adebayor is probably the best available striker within our price range.

On the guardian podcast over a month ago they talked about Adebayor and his attitude.

Philippe Auclair got a train back to France with Ade, at the time he was still playing for Arsenal it was the season he scored about 25+ for them, it was early February and Ade told Philippe I'm not bothered if I dont score many more this season as I have already got 20 goals.

That for me is why he's not been a world class player when he should be because he has everything in his locker

he's no spring chicken anymore and he knows its his last chance at making a name for himself
hopefully we'll see an ade wise up to the situation and realizes that he can actually snatch at glory than just remain a mercenary
not too difficult to become a spurs legend these days... fire us into CL and follow up with a man of the tournament next season should do it :-# or have i jinxed it already

he's no spring chicken anymore and he knows its his last chance at making a name for himself
hopefully we'll see an ade wise up to the situation and realizes that he can actually snatch at glory than just remain a mercenary
not too difficult to become a spurs legend these days... fire us into CL and follow up with a man of the tournament next season should do it :-# or have i jinxed it already

I think you are right with this. The money train will come to a stop soon and the only way he can prolong it is an extended run of good form. I don't actually believe it is money that motivates the man any more after hearing that recent interview, or at least it is not his main motivation but it has to be a big factor. As for being a club legend, bang in a couple against Arsenal and slide up to their fans on his knees = statue outside the new ground.

I think you are right with this. The money train will come to a stop soon and the only way he can prolong it is an extended run of good form. I don't actually believe it is money that motivates the man any more after hearing that recent interview, or at least it is not his main motivation but it has to be a big factor. As for being a club legend, bang in a couple against Arsenal and slide up to their fans on his knees = statue outside the new ground.

The money/contract argument with Adebayor has always interested me. He would be a rare (unique?) sportsman if he was able to turn his form on or off at will. I suspect that it is more complex than that and that his form suffers when he feels unsettled.

Full respect to Ade to come back from being frozen out and delivering MOM performances almost every match now he deserves all the plaudits he is getting.

Or maybe we should drop him to help Lamela adjust to the league and find some form :ross:

On the guardian podcast over a month ago they talked about Adebayor and his attitude.

Philippe Auclair got a train back to France with Ade, at the time he was still playing for Arsenal it was the season he scored about 25+ for them, it was early February and Ade told Philippe I'm not bothered if I dont score many more this season as I have already got 20 goals.

That for me is why he's not been a world class player when he should be because he has everything in his locker

It wouldn't surprise me if that was a load of rubbish and twisted his words, if anything along those lines were ever said at all. I know his form fluctuates and has had a questionable attitude but I don't buy he said that at all....

Adebayor was right to be angry at Dembele for not passing to him. But surely Dembele had every right to try to score that and Adebayor has no right to be shouting like that at Dembele. I am sure Adebayor would have done the same thing in that situation.

I was intially seriously ****ed at Dembele for missing that but looking back, is Ade not at risk of being offside and ruining the chance with where he can receive the ball?

Maybe there's an argument to say Dembele could have played it across straight away, but it's difficult. He gets put through, has players baring down on him, he's under pressure and Ade may well be offside.

I may be wrong but I'm a lot more understanding of Dembele after a couple of days to calm down. I can understand why in a pressure situation it wasn't as easy as it looked.

Chap in the grey gloves is doing a good impression of me at the time. The Moose has to score there.

Saying that, I don't much like Ade's shrieking, he wouldn't have passed it, whatever he said in his interview.

Back