• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Re: Official - Adebayor

I think it comes down to what you was thinking at the time - me and the old man were both screaming "PASS" as soon as he broke through with the ball - right up until he shot. The teams job is to provide chances for the forwards - whose job it is to score goals, Dembele should be passing in that situation no doubt about it imv

I think it comes down to what you was thinking at the time - me and the old man were both screaming "PASS" as soon as he broke through with the ball - right up until he shot. The teams job is to provide chances for the forwards - whose job it is to score goals, Dembele should be passing in that situation no doubt about it imv

That's actually a very good point.

Obviously we can never know for sure but I wonder if it was Soldado rather than Ade would he have made the pass to give him a goal from open play? :-k

But it highlights Dembele's main problem, his decision making is ****.

Honestly the guy is a great athlete, shields the ball almost as well as anyone in the game, but ****, so often makes a bad decision (either runs into a wall, shoots when pass on, pass when shot on, etc.), he would be a extremely good player if he had any decision ability.

The big problem I have with the decision is the timing in that game, it was one of those 10 minute spells in the game where if we scored, the game was done, if they scored it was going to be a rough ride, knowing that and knowing the Ade pass was pretty much = goal done, he went the greedy route and failed to put it on target, he deserves stick.

This.

Dembele appears to have all the physical and technical attributes to be a world class box-to-box midfielder but Mousa rarely plays a great through ball and averages just 1 goal per season in the league, which is a poor return for someone with his talent.

SeasonStarts (sub)ShotsOn TargetGoalsAssists
2013/1416 (4)10411
2012/1326 (4)23613
2011/1233 (3)25812
2010/1122 (2)592223

This.

Dembele appears to have all the physical and technical attributes to be a world class box-to-box midfielder but Mousa rarely plays a great through ball and averages just 1 goal per season in the league, which is a poor return for someone with his talent.

SeasonStarts (sub)ShotsOn TargetGoalsAssists
2013/1416 (4)10411
2012/1326 (4)23613
2011/1233 (3)25812
2010/1122 (2)592223

Agreed. Both with the comment in bold and the confirmatory stats. I think he could, and indeed should, deliver so much more. But Ade also needs to stay onside more. No excuses for getting offside in this scenario.

FROM THE GUARDAIN:

Emmanuel Adebayor back in the groove for Tottenham after traumatic times
André Villas-Boas never really got to grips with Adebayor, either as a man or a player, but the Togolese is thriving in a different role for the new manager Tim Sherwood

Emmanuel Adebayor's residence in Ghana had some illustrious guests last June. Samuel Eto'o, Michael Ballack, Jay-Jay Okocha, Michael Essien, Florent Malouda and Djibril Cissé were among those who made the place their hangout. It is fair to say that good times were had. Either they went out or the party came to them.

There was a daily feature at 5am. Adebayor would be up and going through the Insanity fitness programme that he followed with his personal trainer. Insanity is the extreme work-out from the United States and the name does it justice. One of Adebayor's non-footballing guests joked that the five-minute warm-down almost killed him.

Adebayor was focused. The Tottenham Hotspur striker did not drink and he held it down on the party front. He swam lengths of the pool in the afternoons like a demon. His plan was not merely to be ready for the beginning of pre-season training but to report in peak condition.

He felt as though he had something to prove after a disappointing season, in which he had scored only eight goals for Tottenham and had his attitude questioned. There was the red card in the derby at his former club, Arsenal, and the pantomime relating to his late return from the Africa Cup of Nations with Togo. He also struggled with injuries.

On a more humorous note, Adebayor would hear Eto'o, chipping away in his ear, calling him "Little man". "Hey little man, you want to see some trophies. I've got three Champions Leagues, two African Nations Cups … " the Cameroon and Chelsea striker would say. All good fun but no competitor likes to be on the receiving end.

Adebayor was on a mission to shut people up. Then, he had his world turned upside down.

To appreciate the reasons for Adebayor's patch of six goals in eight games, as he prepares to face another former club, Emirates Marketing Project, at White Hart Lane on Wednesday night, it is necessary to wind the clock back to the summer, when the adrenaline and the anticipation was suddenly lanced by tragedy.

On his arrival in Hong Kong for the Barclays Asia Trophy towards the end of July, Adebayor learned of the death of his older brother, Peter. One day, Peter was seemingly healthy and happy; the next he was gone. Adebayor had previously buried his father. He had buried members of the Togo national team set-up, following the fatal attack on their bus before the 2010 Africa Cup of Nations. Now it was Peter.

Adebayor was upset and angry. He played for Tottenham against Sunderland in the opening tie of the pre-season tournament but his head and his heart were not in it. He argued with André Villas-Boas in Hong Kong, in front of the squad, after the then manager made a comment about Michael Dawson being his best defender. Adebayor disagreed. It was something and nothing, a needless flare-up but it shone a light on the pair's fractious relationship. Villas-Boas perceived a threat to his authority.

Adebayor was granted extended compassionate leave – he made two trips to Africa to arrange Peter's funeral – but, when he returned to Tottenham in September, he was told, not by Villas-Boas but one of the club's physiotherapists, that he would have to train with the youth team.

Villas-Boas's reasoning was that Adebayor had dropped behind the other first-teamers in terms of fitness and he would be better off working on a specially tailored programme away from them. Scientifically, it might have been the correct decision but, in human terms, it was not.

Adebayor resolved to compartmentalise his professional problems. When he was asked to apologise to the squad for any disrespect he might have shown to smooth his way back into first-team training, he did so. He made sure that he was early every day for training. He worked hard. The old Adebayor would have downed tools and sought a move. But the 29-year-old is more mature these days; his Christian faith is stronger.

Villas-Boas continued to overlook him, apart from when he gave him a run in the second half of the disastrous 6-0 defeat at City on 24 November and, by the time that the team lost 5-0 at home to Liverpool on 15 December, the chairman Daniel Levy had added Adebayor's treatment by the manager to the list of complaints that he had against him. Levy pays Adebayor handsomely. He does not do so for him to sit in the stands.

When Villas-Boas was sacked the morning after the Liverpool game and his replacement, Tim Sherwood, reinstated Adebayor for the Capital One Cup quarter-final at home to West Ham United, the striker played as if on an Insanity work-out. He could give vent to months of frustration but he channelled it and when the big chance came, from Jermain Defoe's cross, he crashed a stunning side-on volley in off the underside of the crossbar.

On his first start in seven months, the quality was practically insulting and it reinforced a narrative that has long stalked Adebayor – with him, there are simply no half measures.

Sherwood describes him as a "warrior" and "one of the top players" in England. "He is cleverer than people think," Sherwood adds. "Adebayor realises and he learns from his mistakes. He is a good character around the place, a total professional and he is really focused game to game."

Adebayor likes Sherwood, just as he did Harry Redknapp, under whom he excelled in 2011-12, when he was on loan at Tottenham from City. One of the first things that Sherwood said to Adebayor was that he believed in him and he has played him up front with a strike partner, which is how he likes it.

Because of his height, there is the temptation to stereotype Adebayor as a No9, as a big target man, but he is more of a No10, who likes to drop off and work with another forward. Villas-Boas never really got to grips with Adebayor, either as a man or a player and the Togolese struggled as his lone striker last season, even if there were the obligatory glimpses. Adebayor was brilliant at Chelsea in May.

Adebayor's record against his former English clubs is average. In 12 appearances in all competitions against Arsenal and City, he has won five and lost six, with one draw. He has scored three times (including one penalty). But the matches are often dramatic, particularly against Arsenal.

Adebayor's juices are flowing for City. During those early rises in Ghana, he imagined taking centre stage in Tottenham's biggest games. It has been a long road, heavy on sharp turns, but at last Adebayor can step on the gas.

Interesting article 90291 - thanks for posting.

Some encouraging thoughts here. I am not sure about Ade being intelligent and a quick learner though. His stupid and needless offsides still really rile me. Maybe he learnt that from JD :-"

Perhaps finally some of the man's ardent, and inflexible, critics can see another side of him. Obviously this piece has had some help from sources close to the player, but the truth is the truth. It has always shocked me that people haven't seen Adebayor with more dimension, and I sadly put this down to people subscribing to cliche views perpetrated by a few media loudmouths. It's easier that way. As for his goal return last season, can we finally, finally accept that they system of play left him less likely to score/be in scoring positions?

I hope upon hope we resign the bloke this summer. Strikers of his calibre are rare, and I believe we will see his finest years in a Spurs shirt...

FROM THE GUARDAIN:
Adebayor's juices are flowing for City. During those early rises in Ghana, he imagined taking centre stage in Tottenham's biggest games. It has been a long road, heavy on sharp turns, but at last Adebayor can step on the gas.

Did they really write that in the Guardian. Interesting article, but an odd sentence - it doesn't even make sense.

Did they really write that in the Guardian. Interesting article, but an odd sentence - it doesn't even make sense.

I think it means his juices are flowing FOR THE GAME AGAINST City. Not that his vagina is moist at the thought of London's financial district.

Turn it up Ade, turn it all the way up !!! Sure, respect City, but be a pro and show the world how good you are.

Ade has now scored more league goals for Sherwood (6 in 9 games) than he did for AVB (5 in 26 games). Fingers crossed he can be kept fit and motivated for the rest of the season...

2005-09 (managed by Wenger): 46 goals in 104 games at a rate of 179 minutes per goal
2009-11 (managed by Mancini): 15 goals in 34 games at a rate of 163 minutes per goal
2011-12 (managed by Redknapp): 17 goals in 33 games at a rate of 166 minutes per goal
2012-13 (managed by Villas-Boas): 5 goals in 26 games at a rate of 328 minutes per goal
2013-14 (managed by Sherwood): 6 goals in 9 games at a rate of 130 minutes per goal

BgEMso8IMAAyliB.jpg:small

I thought Adebayor was outstanding yesterday against Everton.

Worked his socks off for the team and scored a vital goal.

I thought Adebayor was outstanding yesterday against Everton.

Worked his socks off for the team and scored a vital goal.

The goal was really well taken and after that he was outstanding with his work rate. Leading up to the goal he wasn't great though, certainly not outstanding.

Although I think we're asking very much of him at times, whenever we play it long he seems to isolated. We're essentially asking him to bring down long punts under pressure, control it, keep defenders away from him, quite possibly avoid another tackle after that and then find the right pass to a teammate that has eventually made themselves available. If we got more movement around Ade when we're forced to (or chose to) play it long it would make his job a lot easier.

Emmanuel Adebayor makes Garth Crooks's Team of the Week

Tim Sherwood has got Tottenham looking like a team that could threaten a top-four spot again. Not since the days of Harry Redknapp have Spurs looked so interesting. Admittedly one of the main reasons for this change in fortune is the form of Emmanuel Adebayor. Sherwood, like Redknapp, can get Adebayor to perform, while others seem to write him off. The ex-Arsenal striker is looking a real threat in front of goal again.

Did you know?

Adebayor's goal in his side's win over Everton was his first at White Hart Lane in the Premier League this season (he has six in total).

Team of the Week

Great performance from him tonight, and not just on offense. Cleared away many corners and was all over the place. Excellent work, hope he can keep it up.

Yep Adebayor I Salute you!

Keep up the good work and keep up the passion!!!!!!

keep doing it for the t's...........tottentham supporters,Togolese,Tim....trannies etc.........

from his instagram apparently

1781927_605204922883695_1439376650_n.jpg

Attachments

• 1781927_605204922883695_1439376650_n.jpg
    1781927_605204922883695_1439376650_n.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Back