• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Re: Official - Adebayor

I think it was a PR stunt.. completely scripted, to give Tottenham a sell fee and to keep his wages at the level he wants should he move. I do not buy in the slightest that he holds no grudges towards AVB. Like I put earlier.. the only thing that I believe in that piece was his brothers kid phoning him.. which humbled him.. maybe it changes him... I hope it does. As they say.. Actions speak louder than words. Should he have changed, I will think about it at the end of the season.

Do what you like mate…no-one else is suffering like you are. Sometimes it's just better to admit when you're wrong. We've all had to do it. So far as being 'humbled' the man was on a ****ing team bus and saw colleagues massacred in a machine gun attack, and then yes, he lost his brother. As I've said before, I think a lot of people are guilty of looking at Adebayor through 'western' eyes, refusing to see what he deals with being one of Togo's most famous people, and what sort of character he is (one that requires a good personal arm around the shoulder and a word in the ear reminding him he's great fairly often)…

Last season, when everyone and their granny was ****ging him, Adebayor was doing a job asked of him by AVB. Did he enjoy it? Not much i'd suspect, a striker likes to play in front of goal NOT as a supporting wide forward who's primary job is to serve another, but he did it and he kept on doing it. This summer, his biggest crime was dealing with a family matter at the same time AVB learnt he was not getting to keep Bale after all, thus ****ing his summer.

I have no doubt he chose his words carefully with regards to AVB, but why that is so bad I do not know. Please explain.

I got tired of the constant sniping about Adebayor last season and I am tired of it this season. People buy a cheap cliche and turn it into a legend. Silly.

Sherwood is telling you what he hasn't done to get Ade to play, and he's equally telling you what he has done. Played him regularly, played him as a striker and reminded him of his responsibilities to himself! I will always applaud AVB's clever and tactical use of Ade last season as it helped the team. But to suggest his form as a striker is improving because he 'wants a new contract' or that his behaviour has been poorer than anyone elses is just rubbish IMO.

But again, punish yourself if you want. You've put yourself in a very tough position, because I doubt you'll be able to admit you're wrong even if you know you are. All this 'taking it makes us weak' stuff…tough spot to put yourself in. but I don't think genuinely changing your mind, or admitting you miscalculated someone based on media stereotyping, would make you anything other than a 'bigger' human being IMO...

He's not motivated, he can't be trusted, the usual stuff.

Indeed, it's just garbage isn't it. I genuinely believe a lot of people do not understand the type of man he is…I'l tell you this. I wouldn't trust that utter c unt Souness further than I could kick him, the ****er.

I think its French for Wonderful......but dont quote me on that! ;)

Google doesn't recognise Charmont as a French word? What are you on about Nigel, where did it come from?!

merveilleux
wonderful, marvelous, great, wondrous, lovely, heavenly
magnifique
magnificent, wonderful, gorgeous, splendid, great, lovely
formidable
tremendous, wonderful, terrific, fantastic, fantastical, sensational
extraordinaire
extraordinary, special, wonderful, uncommon, out of this world, prodigious
étonnant
surprising, astonishing, astounding, wonderful, wondrous, fantastic
sensationnel
sensational, stunning, terrific, wonderful, thrilling, out of this world
miraculeux
miraculous, wonderful, marvellous, marvelous

So happy Ade is scoring again been immense since his comeback, works tirelessly for the team, something that bar other obvious things I've never doubted. When he went up to the fans after scoring his second I genuinely wanted him to dance so I could then try imitate his moves....

\o/

8-[

Last edited:

Google doesn't recognise Charmont as a French word? What are you on about Nigel, where did it come from?!

merveilleux
wonderful, marvelous, great, wondrous, lovely, heavenly
magnifique
magnificent, wonderful, gorgeous, splendid, great, lovely
formidable
tremendous, wonderful, terrific, fantastic, fantastical, sensational
extraordinaire
extraordinary, special, wonderful, uncommon, out of this world, prodigious
étonnant
surprising, astonishing, astounding, wonderful, wondrous, fantastic
sensationnel
sensational, stunning, terrific, wonderful, thrilling, out of this world
miraculeux
miraculous, wonderful, marvellous, marvelous

er....er......maybe from a book I read....

please dont ask me to divulge...

@OptaJoe: 5 - Emmanuel Adebayor has now matched his PL goal total from last season (in seven apps this season compared to 25 in 2012-13). Improvement.

@Squawka: Emmanuel Adebayor is now Spurs' joint top-scorer in the PL this season on 5 goals, despite playing in just 7 games.

@HotspurRelated: Emmanuel Adebayor has now scored more Premier League goals (88) than Arsenal legend Dennis Bergkamp (87).

@GaryLineker: Adebayor is the new Adebayor!

Ahead of Sheringham and Berbatov now, impressive.

Have you got the minutes per goal figures though? As its' a tad unfair on Defoe when most of his appearances have been for only a few minutes as a sub.

I only have partial figures - just for the past ten seasons or so.

Could hear the fans singing his name on TV again today. Made a big change from the end of last season where he'd get booed at White Hart Lane when his name was read out.

I was going to agree, but I have no idea what "charmont" means - is it something from The Only Way Is Essex or White Van Men or something?

Reminds me of what the Michael Jackson character used to say in Bo Selecta :-k

chamone._SX385_SY342_.jpg

Could just be the fact that he's from abroad and finds certain pronunciations harder than others. Take Mr. Mourinho for example, when he tried to say cheating it sounded like he was saying

'I think today was good because there was no sh!tting"

Neither do I, but to not attend based on one player, who not only plays for our club but has incidentally now got 9 goals in 10 games this season, is ridiculous.

It's not just Adebayor that I have decided from attending, its the whole modern football bubble, mine has it seems burst. My wife thinks I am turning into William Foster when I talk about football at the moment. Everywhere I look I see bull**** staining my windows from what is given out these days in the media and the players themselves. I could list 50 things that irritate me other than Adebayor.

Lets get one thing straight, I have never ever doubted what ability Adebayor has, its his inability to cherish that ability to the right channels. His love of football does not come before his own self serving attitude of me first. Where was the way he has played these few games this season when we needed him.. his performances have always come when he needs himself to perform. Don't give me the bull$hit line that was under AVB, IMO he could still have turned in the effort that we see today last season. I missed yesterdays game live as I was spending time with my boy who is 18 months down the local pool so was not celebrating the win.

And now in todays media we have the story of us going back for Berbatov.. are you fcuking kidding me. We want to resign another self serving **** like him. Do people forget the $hite he pulled. Why do people only care about winning and not how they go about winning any more. Football has turned ugly for me.. I am not enjoying it. Maybe like Adebayor, I refocused because my life was changed when my boy arrived into this world, so the wife tells me.

Just a little insight into my feelings.. last night I had SSN on before I went to bed, and there was just before they went for a break a little video showing John Terry and his two children playing on the pitch... like butter wouldn't fcuking melt.. the guy is a ugly human being.. one of the worst qunts to play in the Premier League and one that isn't worth more than the white dog $hite I used to see on the way to school every morning. But here we have Sky Sports fcuking news trying to show this qunt in the light of a wonderful family man playing on the green with his kids..

FCUK OFF. Had enough.. need to cancel SKY thoughts running through my head.

There lies the problem.

I love Tottenham and that's it, don't have a TV and definitely don't subscribe to SKY i read what news interests me but i don't follow the media madness around football or any thing in fact.

Strip it back, Love the club not the players they come and go just wish good things for spurs.

There lies the problem.

I love Tottenham and that's it, don't have a TV and definitely don't subscribe to SKY i read what news interests me but i don't follow the media madness around football or any thing in fact.

Strip it back, Love the club not the players they come and go just wish good things for spurs.

I try, but the club don't make it easy.

Do what you like mate…no-one else is suffering like you are. Sometimes it's just better to admit when you're wrong. We've all had to do it. So far as being 'humbled' the man was on a ****ing team bus and saw colleagues massacred in a machine gun attack, and then yes, he lost his brother. As I've said before, I think a lot of people are guilty of looking at Adebayor through 'western' eyes, refusing to see what he deals with being one of Togo's most famous people, and what sort of character he is (one that requires a good personal arm around the shoulder and a word in the ear reminding him he's great fairly often)…

Last season, when everyone and their granny was ****ging him, Adebayor was doing a job asked of him by AVB. Did he enjoy it? Not much i'd suspect, a striker likes to play in front of goal NOT as a supporting wide forward who's primary job is to serve another, but he did it and he kept on doing it. This summer, his biggest crime was dealing with a family matter at the same time AVB learnt he was not getting to keep Bale after all, thus ****ing his summer.

I have no doubt he chose his words carefully with regards to AVB, but why that is so bad I do not know. Please explain.

I got tired of the constant sniping about Adebayor last season and I am tired of it this season. People buy a cheap cliche and turn it into a legend. Silly.

Sherwood is telling you what he hasn't done to get Ade to play, and he's equally telling you what he has done. Played him regularly, played him as a striker and reminded him of his responsibilities to himself! I will always applaud AVB's clever and tactical use of Ade last season as it helped the team. But to suggest his form as a striker is improving because he 'wants a new contract' or that his behaviour has been poorer than anyone elses is just rubbish IMO.

But again, punish yourself if you want. You've put yourself in a very tough position, because I doubt you'll be able to admit you're wrong even if you know you are. All this 'taking it makes us weak' stuff…tough spot to put yourself in. but I don't think genuinely changing your mind, or admitting you miscalculated someone based on media stereotyping, would make you anything other than a 'bigger' human being IMO...

I can tell you I am not punishing myself over my stance on this. This has been coming for a couple of years and not entirely down to just one player. Its the whole football circus. I can assure you that I will be the first to hold my hands up should he play like this for the whole of the remaining season and certainly next season too. But unlike yourself understand that he has previous everywhere he has played. Its not just at Tottenham.

Just to get one thing straight also, his Togo bus experience and his recent loss of his brother has nothing to do to why I think he is what I think he is.. so why do you bring it up. All I have stated is that I hope his life changing aspects of his recent worries may change the man for the better.

I also do not believe his work rate should have been harmed with the way AVB chose to play him.. just excuses in my book, as.. as suggested he has previous of downing tools when things are not his cup of tea. I hope he goes on to score 30 goals in the remaining part of the season because that benefits Tottenham and to a point proves everyone right that he is what we think he is. In the most part, I think we are seeing today because he is looking for his last big pay day, and for this I am sick of cheering on this type of person/footballer, but by all means.. do what you feel is best.. and I will do what I feel is best.

I do kinda see where SuperHudd is coming from....I have started to fall out of love with the game...

Back