• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Re: Official - Adebayor

I missed this earlier on MNF as I was out getting the Chinese.

LOL ROFL PMSL LOLZ.

show ad

[h=1]'Why can't he be more like Drogba?': Carragher calls Adebayor 'a disgrace' and says Spurs will give striker the boot[/h]By Peter Carline
PUBLISHED: 20:07, 23 December 2013 | UPDATED: 21:05, 23 December 2013

31 shares
View
comments

Jamie Carragher launched a withering attack on Emmanuel Adebayor, labelling the Tottenham striker 'a disgrace', questioning his consistency and asking why he can't be like Chelsea legend Didier Drogba.

The much-travelled Togolese hit two on his first start of the season as Spurs beat Southampton 3-2 at St Mary's on Sunday, but the former Liverpool defender, famed for his never-say-die attitude on the pitch, was just as uncompromising in the Sky studio.
Carragher blasted the 29-year-old's attitude before questioning Adebayor's future at Spurs, where he had been forced to train with the reserves under former boss Andre Villas-Boas.

article-0-1A46151100000578-93_634x463.jpg
Putting the boot in: Jamie Carragher launched a withering attack on Emmanuel Adebayor

article-0-1A414C5400000578-76_634x412.jpg
Spurs hero: But Adebayor (second left) was ticked off by Carragher, despite his two-goal salvo on the south coast

'Today and yesterday is like an Adebayor love-in,' said Carragher on Monday Night Football. 'He did play well but let's not get carried away.'
'For me, a player like him, he should be one of the best players in the world. why isn't he? He's got everything. He can play up on his own. He can play up with a partner.'

article-0-1A40F71F00000578-528_634x423.jpg
Return to form: Adebayor was forced to train with the reserves by former Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas, but has had a recent renaissance under caretaker boss Tim Sherwood

article-2528592-1A46152000000578-437_634x462.jpg
Don't hold back: Carragher was scathing in his views and laid Adebayor's faults bare

article-2528592-025BFA8F00000514-953_306x423.jpg
Trophy magnet: Didier Drogba is a fearsome opponent and a serial winner

'You can critiscise AVB for putting him in the reserves, but Wenger got rid of him, Mancini got rid of him, AVB tried to get rid of him, I'm sure if Sherwood, at the end of the season, or if a new manager comes in, will try and get rid of him.'

Fellow pundit Gary Neville was pictured sniggering during Carragher's tirade - and he wasn't finished there.
'So let's not get too carried away with Adebayor,' Carragher continued. 'For me a player like that is a disgrace, really. If he can play like that with that ability, why isn't he doing it every week? He should be. Why isn't he like Didier Drogba?'

'So he comes in for a few games, does well and everyone;s saying how great he is. AVB should have played him a lot more, should have done this. Why can't he do this every week?'
Drogba, who scored 157 goals in 341 games for Chelsea, won the Champions League, three Premier Leagues, four FA Cups and two League Cups in a storied eight-year career with Chelsea. He is now plying his trade in Turkey with Galatasaray.

Adebayor - who lists Metz, Monaco, Arsenal, Emirates Marketing Project, Real Madrid and Tottenham on his c.v. - won the Copa del Rey during his loan spell in the Spanish capital.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ace-says-Spurs-rid-striker.html#ixzz2oLdbHpLq
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

cant really disagree with carra too much.....wasting talent is a crime......

despite my thoughts on ade I think he has all the tools but rarely uses them....

I would rather us play a striker who on his day is as good as Drogba (which is what Carragher insinuated), than one who is consistently limited (well, I was going to say Defoe, but he is limited AND inconsistent).

Realistically if we want to play 2 up top Ade has to be one of them, Soldado and Defoe are too alike.

I would rather us play a striker who on his day is as good as Drogba (which is what Carragher insinuated), than one who is consistently limited (well, I was going to say Defoe, but he is limited AND inconsistent).

Realistically if we want to play 2 up top Ade has to be one of them, Soldado and Defoe are too alike.

This.

After scoring 10 Premier League goals in the first half of last season, Defoe has been in woeful form in 2013 with only 1 league goal to his name all year despite 11 starts and having played almost 20 hours of league football :oops:

Soldado has only scored 1 Premier League goal from open play all season and we haven't been awarded a penalty for him to slot home since October.

So whilst Adebayor is infuriatingly inconsistent and (like the much loved BAE) far from the model professional, he is the most talented striker we have in the squad plus the only one with any sort of goal scoring form currently, having scored 4 goals in his past 5 Premier League games. Hopefully Sherwood' common touch will bring out the best of him, just like Redknapp managed to wheeler-dealer a couple of seasons ago.

Last edited:

ahem........just wanted to say something

SEVERAL players AND Tim Sherwood have all that "Top four is still acheiveable" "Top four is the aim" "we want top four"

So can anyone guess what our goal is according to the team and the current stand in manager?

I'd appreciate 'Carra's' sentiments much more if he could explain how Adebayor is meant to play like Drogba every week when he isn't ever going to be picked?

Adebayor just scored 2 goals and people are treating him like he is Messi ?

There is a reason why Arsenal, ManCity and Real Madrid sold him. He is a very talented striker but he is also one of the most laziest and inconsistent strikers around. Just ask Arsenal fans. He has only scored more than 10 league goals 3 times in his career, 1 each with Arsenal, ManCity and us.

Not sure how people can complain about AVB not giving him a chance. Adebayor played 25 league matches under AVB last season and only scored 5 goals. And I counted 20-30 one-on-one chances against the goalies that Adebayor wasted last season alone. That is an unforgivable stat for any striker. How can any manager be tempted to give him more chance with such a pathethic record, especially when we spend 26m on a new striker ? AVB did give him chance against ManCity this season and he came on to waste yet another one-on-one chance with only the goalie to beat.

Credit to him for scoring the 2 goals against Southampton but he only plays well and scores when he has something to prove like now. Also, don't think he is a team player as he seems to celebrate more with the fans than other players whenever he scores. Don't mind Sherwood starting him in coming matches but won't expect too much from him.

Last edited:

Adebayor just scored 2 goals and people are treating him like he is Messi ?

There is a reason why Arsenal, ManCity and Real Madrid sold him. He is a very talented striker but he is also one of the most laziest and inconsistent strikers around. Just ask Arsenal fans. He has only scored more than 10 league goals 3 times in his career, 1 each with Arsenal, ManCity and us.

Not sure how people can complain about AVB not giving him a chance. Adebayor played 25 league matches under AVB last season and only scored 5 goals. And I counted 20-30 one-on-one chances against the goalies that Adebayor wasted last season alone. That is an unforgivable stat for any striker. How can any manager be tempted to give him more chance with such a pathethic record, especially when we spend 26m on a new striker ? AVB did give him chance against ManCity this season and he came on to waste yet another one-on-one chance with only the goalie to beat.

Credit to him for scoring the 2 goals against Southampton but he only plays well and scores when he has something to prove like now. Also, don't think he is a team player as he seems to celebrate more with the fans than other players whenever he scores. Don't mind Sherwood starting him in coming matches but won't expect too much from him.

Arsenal had to sell him, He was not Mancini's cup of tea and Real Madrid only had him for a loan. and 20 - 30 1 on 1s? you are talking out of your ****.

How about stop being negative and get behind him?

Last edited:

haha, just watched the recorded version from last night and someone should show Adebayor just before he goes out to play every game.

The man's brother has died for crying out loud.

Only a week and a half ago it was the 20th anniversary of my uncle's death, he died not long after being involved in a collision when the breaks failed on his lorry. Even to this day it still cuts up my mum and it's something she still hasn't completely got over. So, if Ade's brother died about six months ago then GHod knows what he is going through, also whilst he was mourning his brother he was told to train with the youth team and then wasn't included in the team photo, the latter of which must've hurt a lot.

I haven't always been the biggest fan of Ade as yes he can be unplayable one week only to then sometimes be non-existent the next but I am sorry considering what he's been through the past 6 months, not start a single game, carrying a lot of pain and anguish, no match fitness and no goals to his name all season and then put in the shifts he did scoring three goals, the man should be applauded!!!

As for Jamie Carragher and attitudes, the man is a thug and an arrogant prat . Anyone remember when he phoned up Talksport explaining why he retired from international football and stated that he was better than Ledley King!

One thing I don't get is where the "Adebayor is lazy" thing comes from. Even when he's been in sh1t form, I always notice him tracking back or working the channels. He does a lot of running and always has.

I'd appreciate 'Carra's' sentiments much more if he could explain how Adebayor is meant to play like Drogba every week when he isn't ever going to be picked?

Because AVB couldn't handle ADE. He needs an arm round him and his ego boosted at all times. Not AVBs style. Cost him dearly - even his job.

One thing I don't get is where the "Adebayor is lazy" thing comes from. Even when he's been in sh1t form, I always notice him tracking back or working the channels. He does a lot of running and always has.

i'm with you there. i think defoe is lazy - he plays for himself and rests for himself and makes himself look like he's part of the team when he just saving himself for the final ball. ade gets stuck in wide and doesn't hesitate to go shoulder to shoulder with anyone.

Because AVB couldn't handle ADE. He needs an arm round him and his ego boosted at all times. Not AVBs style. Cost him dearly - even his job.

On top of £170k per week? That should be plenty of motivation for anyone. If not, what about having a dream job? Or only working 3 or 4 half days per week?

He shouldn't need am arm around his shoulder. If he does, why is the club always expected to provide it?

Fingers crossed that Sherwood' common touch can get as many MotM performances from Adebayor as Redknapp managed to wheeler-deal a couple of seasons ago...

BBC Sport - Premier League: Garth Crooks's Team of the Week
FORWARD - EMMANUEL ADEBAYOR (Tottenham)

Along with many pundits I have taken a bite out of Emmanuel Adebayor, partly due to his obvious ability but all-too-often poor attitude. Against Southampton he looked immense, but what made the performance so incredible was that he would have had to work so hard to return to that form after so little first-team football. Top class.

Did you know? After his brace at Southampton, Adebayor has 85 Premier League goals; only two Africans, Didier Drogba on 100 and Yakubu on 95, have scored more.
_71910788_crooks-tow.gif

@WhoScored: GRAPHIC: Premier League Team of the Week - Gameweek 17
BcPcDQPCMAE64rU.png

@standardsport: #Arsenal defence and Spurs' Adebayor feature in London Team of the Week, with @WhoScored
BcP85wtCUAAInsM.jpg:large

It's only under AVB that he hasn't delivered goals consistently. Wasn't it something like 160 minutes per goal under Wenger, Mancini and Redknapp, then 330 under AVB.

It's only under AVB that he hasn't delivered goals consistently. Wasn't it something like 160 minutes per goal under Wenger, Mancini and Redknapp, then 330 under AVB.

Yup, despite being thoroughly unprofessional and inconsistent, Adebayor still managed to score 78 goals in 171 appearances from 2005-20012 at a rate of 178 minutes per goal.

2005-09 (managed by Wenger): 46 goals in 104 games at a rate of 179 minutes per goal
2009-11 (managed by Mancini): 15 goals in 34 games at a rate of 163 minutes per goal
2011-12 (managed by Redknapp): 17 goals in 33 games at a rate of 166 minutes per goal
2012-13 (managed by Villas-Boas): 5 goals in 26 games at a rate of 328 minutes per goal

Not entirely surprising considering all our strikers' poor scoring rates in the Premier League over those 55 matches / 17 months...

Defoe: 254 minutes per goal (compared to 166 mins per goal over the previous 6 seasons)
Soldado: 276 minutes per goal (compared to 150 mins per goal over the previous 5 seasons)
Adebayor: 328 minutes per goal (compared to 163 mins per goal over the previous 6 seasons)

Last edited:

On top of £170k per week? That should be plenty of motivation for anyone. If not, what about having a dream job? Or only working 3 or 4 half days per week?

He shouldn't need am arm around his shoulder. If he does, why is the club always expected to provide it?

It is called the art of man-management. To get the best out of players you need to know what makes them tick. They aren't machines or chess pieces. AVB failed miserably with Ade. Really poor man-management from him. That, for me, is why he won't succeed as a top coach.

Back