• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Re: Official - Adebayor

KD is providing more factual matrieal than you or i have in recent crossings over this adebayor thing

you haven't actually provided anything to suggest that what you're saying is in fact reality

not saying that you might not be right but that on the face of whats out there an available to read you are most likely wrong

What I'm saying is based entirely on the fact that AVB said publicly that Ade was demoted because he wasn't fit for the first team.

KD is making the (incredibly unlikely) assumption that AVB happily allowed Ade all that time off, rather than reluctantly. Either way, the fact remains that Ade missed all of our preseason. I don't think he should have. Especially not when he was so late back from the ACN.

How exactly are we meant to know he allowed him the time off happily or reluctantly?

The FACT is he allowed him the time off. If he wasn't happy with it then don't allow him the time off...it's as simple as that.

and what has him being late after the ANC got to do with it? if AVB was angered by that he would have not played him the remainder of the season...instead he started him in most games.

i dont understand what this mean

"completely uninterested?" ..what because he was on bad form and supremely low on confidence? strikers go through that you know.

if he is completely uninterested then so is soldado

Because he stopped chasing balls, he stopped making those runs that he made yesterday to get into goal scoring positions and because when things went against him he had no fight in him, that's disinterested rather than off form.

Soldado on the other hand is still getting into the correct positions, he chased the slightly dodgy ball from Ade and put a wonderful cross in, he had 3 or 4 great chances to score yesterday but he just isn't finishing well and not getting the rub of the green, that's off form or low on confidence.

I think Scaramanga just needs a pet hate. After Redknapp disappeared out the door, he turned his attentions to Ade.

In Adebayor we have a great player on our hands. We all know he can do it, its just when he can be bothered. He is at the stage of his career where he needs to start earning his money again.

Unfortunately we cant get excited yet, he has looked good in the 2 games recently. I will judge him by the end of the season. Hopefully he carries on playing like we all know he can.

Because he stopped chasing balls, he stopped making those runs that he made yesterday to get into goal scoring positions and because when things went against him he had no fight in him, that's disinterested rather than off form.

Soldado on the other hand is still getting into the correct positions, he chased the slightly dodgy ball from Ade and put a wonderful cross in, he had 3 or 4 great chances to score yesterday but he just isn't finishing well and not getting the rub of the green, that's off form or low on confidence.
Actually, not chasing balls and not making runs to get into goalscoring positions are classic signs of a striker low on confidence. You are afraid to get into goalscoring positions because you fear you will miss. Anyone who has played up front at any level will recognise this.

I always said last season that Ade was low on confidence rather than not giving a ****. I actually thought he worked quite hard, especially defensively, but he went missing in front of goal and in terms of wanting the ball in advanced areas.

For those of you having problems with Ade playing for us, I really think you need to get over it, get some perspective, and think about what is best for the club. I assume are Spurs-fans first and foremost, not Adebayor-haters. At the moment we need him as a player. I agree he has probably been a bit unprofessional at times. I was not happy myself when it took him ages to return from the ACN last season. But he is not a murderer, not a rapist and not a right-wing extremist. I think you are overreacting, especially when we have no idea what has been going on behind the scenes.

How exactly are we meant to know he allowed him the time off happily or reluctantly?

The FACT is he allowed him the time off. If he wasn't happy with it then don't allow him the time off...it's as simple as that.

All we know is that he allowed Ade the time off after he returned. This is after Ade had missed all of preseason.

And it's far from as simple as AVB not allowing it if he doesn't like it, in fact the ACN shows that if a player doesn't want to turn up, there's nothing the club can do about it.

and what has him being late after the ANC got to do with it? if AVB was angered by that he would have not played him the remainder of the season...instead he started him in most games.

The ACN has everything to do with the situation as it's another occasion when Ade decided he didn't need to turn up to a job he's very highly paid for.

Unlikely that AVB would drop him at the time as we didn't have Soldado then and Ade was the only fit striker we had.

The fact that AVB tried to sell Ade in the summer despite playing him all season suggests that it was done reluctantly.

i dont remember him stopping chasing balls, i do remember his runs looking off but i also remember him subsidinsing his lack of goal contribution by doing what he does best through out his time in the uk...making channel runs and pulling defenders wide and the rest of the team occupying space

i dont remember a lack of effort, on the contrary , i remember too much effort from a man that tried too hard to work his way through his bad patch.

things did go against him and this guy that had no fight actually came out of it in the end if you remember and has continued

soldado on the other hand IMO doesnt work hard enough and doesnt know or even want to adapt his game when a system doesnt suit him. his runs IMO when playing as a lone striker dont take him into viable positions for us to feed him...one could actually accuse him of hiding...which he isnt..but with your negative interpretation of adebayor's poor form then it might as well be fairly applied in likewise brutal fashion to solly

take yesterday for instance, i spent half the game arguing with my brother on solly's work rate and closing down..even my brother that loves everything solly related had to admit that chasing around and closing down..ala adebayor and defoe and other people that play for tottenham..........isnt solly's game. and soldado's runs even with support STILL are not frequent enough in a good / team oriented fashion....

this is perfectly alright cause he is only there to score goals, but his confidence..much like ade's last season, is so shot to pieces that its affecting everything about him...and in those things that are affected i would include his runs....just like ade's were last season.

yes , when ade is off form it is that he cant be bothered and recollection on past season confirms that for you. but soldado is off form and that just means he isnt getting the rub of the green. doesnt sound balanced to me

i would actually like someone else to back up the claim that adebayor PHYSICALLY didnt try hard even when he was off form last season

It's difficult to know what really happened or who was at fault to be fair. Ade says one AVB another. AVB always struck me as someone who ran a club and team on meritocracy. If you deserve your place you''ll get it. Somehow somewhere Ade and Benny gave AVB a reason not to trust them in his side. Whether that be through unprofessionalism, through form, ability, attitude, etc, well that's just speculation. Even if AVB came out tomorrow and said Ade turned up late and called me a ****, and then Ade refuted these comments it just becomes one person's word against the other.

I've always maintained Ade is the best striker/forward at the club. Even when he was supposedly dog**** last year he contributed at least something in his presence for the team

A large chunk of it then.

He played on the 24th of July and then returned at the end of Sep/beginning of Oct IIRC?

So he played in Hong Kong...his brother then died and he asked for time off...his manager agreed...he came back as scheduled...and then he was punished.

Mate you're showing your dislike for the person rather then assessing the situation in a rational manner.

Last edited:

fcuk me there's no pleasing a lot of you. No one knows what happened behind closed doors and a lot of you can't stand Adebayor but he scored us 2 goals yesterday and offers us more than any striker we have.

I assume you didn't celebrate when he scored then if you despise him so much.

I'm glad that you're not stepping into white hart lane as we don't need fans like you there.

Initially I celebrated, then saw Ade do his thing, then caught with my eye Soldado on the byline arms aloft thinking yeah Robbie, I would have run over to you too.

oddly enough, i can understand this view

i still like ade and want him to play but completely understand what you mean

the "i'm the man thing" is understandable too surely for a guy thats been purposely fronzen out for so long....his first instinct is to think "vindicated!!!! you see...i am good"

but agree that people with good team character and togetherness tend to celebrate with the guy that got them out of the **** heap

My thoughts abut him go back further than his brother dieing although I must admit, 2 months is a very long time to report back to work. Generally people do not get that long, and IMO he only got that long because AVB thought he would be sold.

Anyway, I also pick up his selfishness in his general play too. He will never play in another striker, he will always hold the ball and play it wide then run into the box himself. Watch him closely and you will see what I mean. I am not doubting the guy has ability, he does but as stated his statement last night was pure bull**** PR. The guy is a wrongun. And to top it off he respects someone that tells him to go run about a bit.. fcuk me. There we have it, he does not like being told what to do on a football pitch as part of a team.

Generally people do not get that long, and IMO he only got that long because AVB thought he would be sold.

To continue this, I think AVB was upset that Ade did not accept the offers that were on the table for him to leave, AVB had made it clear probably that he was not wanted. AVB may have felt that Ade used those two months to avoid a transfer elsewhere, meaning on return he was told to play with the reserves to get his fitness to a point for him to return to the 25 man squad, it was also to make a point to the striker that he should have gone elsewhere.

Last nights statement painted a rosy picture of Ade, I doubt very much AVB would have done what he did without provocation. What would be the point, initially IMO also AVB had the full support of the board on the issue too.

Selling Ade IMO would have meant an AVB run at acquiring Hulk. The player he wanted probably over Lamela

Last edited:

My thoughts abut him go back further than his brother dieing although I must admit, 2 months is a very long time to report back to work. Generally people do not get that long, and IMO he only got that long because AVB thought he would be sold.

Anyway, I also pick up his selfishness in his general play too. He will never play in another striker, he will always hold the ball and play it wide then run into the box himself. Watch him closely and you will see what I mean. I am not doubting the guy has ability, he does but as stated his statement last night was pure bull**** PR. The guy is a wrongun. And to top it off he respects someone that tells him to go run about a bit.. fcuk me. There we have it, he does not like being told what to do on a football pitch as part of a team.
I don't think he is a selfish player at all. How many assists did he have in his first season for us? Don't know exactly, but he had a lot. He is certainly not a player who won't play the ball to a team mate in a good position.

I don't think he is a selfish player at all. How many assists did he have in his first season for us? Don't know exactly, but he had a lot. He is certainly not a player who won't play the ball to a team mate in a good position.

He did it three times yesterday, so I know he does it. He purposely doesn't play the pass down the middle, and holds it up and plays it wide, then runs into the box himself. It maybe good team play, and my feelings towards him as a person are overriding my emotions a little, but he certainly IMO does do that.

He did it three times yesterday, so I know he does it. He purposely doesn't play the pass down the middle, and holds it up and plays it wide, then runs into the box himself. It maybe good team play, and my feelings towards him as a person are overriding my emotions a little, but he certainly IMO does do that.
I can't say that I recall that happening. I do recall him playing the ball out wide on one occassion when Soldado made a run down the channel. Soldado then crossed the ball and we scored.

I also recall him playing Soldado though on goal with a clever pass which Soldado hit wide.

Back