• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Re: Official - Adebayor

It's difficult to know what really happened or who was at fault to be fair. Ade says one AVB another. AVB always struck me as someone who ran a club and team on meritocracy. If you deserve your place you''ll get it. Somehow somewhere Ade and Benny gave AVB a reason not to trust them in his side. Whether that be through unprofessionalism, through form, ability, attitude, etc, well that's just speculation. Even if AVB came out tomorrow and said Ade turned up late and called me a ****, and then Ade refuted these comments it just becomes one person's word against the other.

I've always maintained Ade is the best striker/forward at the club. Even when he was supposedly dog**** last year he contributed at least something in his presence for the team

This

So he played in Hong Kong...his brother then died and he asked for time off...his manager agreed...he came back as scheduled...and then he was punished.

Mate you're showing your dislike for the person rather then assessing the situation in a rational manner.

You say punished, reports say he was told to train with the reserves to build up his fitness before returning to the first team's schedule.

It's difficult to know what really happened or who was at fault to be fair. Ade says one AVB another. AVB always struck me as someone who ran a club and team on meritocracy. If you deserve your place you''ll get it. Somehow somewhere Ade and Benny gave AVB a reason not to trust them in his side. Whether that be through unprofessionalism, through form, ability, attitude, etc, well that's just speculation. Even if AVB came out tomorrow and said Ade turned up late and called me a ****, and then Ade refuted these comments it just becomes one person's word against the other.

I've always maintained Ade is the best striker/forward at the club. Even when he was supposedly dog**** last year he contributed at least something in his presence for the team

He's frustrating. As you say, he is probably the best striker at the team, but his application is what annoys me. Berbatov was languid, so you knew he wasn't going to put the running effort in, but Ade seems to do it when he sees fit.

For his first goal yesterday, say the roles were reversed and Soldado put the pass to Ade way off near the touchline, would he have chased it like Soldado did? Hard to say for definite, but I could imagine him giving up. Their first goal yesterday came about by him losing the ball and not attempting to get it back.

AVB isn't the only manager in Ade's career to not trust him. He has had something to prove since coming back in the team. If he gets settled, like last season when Defoe was injured and we had no alternative, will his performances match those we have seen this week?

and his omission from the first team squad for near enough every game this season?

If his attitude was even remotely like his statement last night where he assumes he is automatically due respect rather than needing to earn it I'm not surprised.

Let's use Occam's Razor and look at the alternative;

A professional football manager, tasked with beating other teams intentionally leaves out his best striker and best chance of beating other team's in order to......

Well, I'm stumped there. In order to intentionally lose matches? In order to **** you off?

You couldn't make what up?

I'm pretty sure his teammates are compassionate and didn't mind as much as you seem to. Didn't AVB say he could have as long as he needed? fancy that...telling someone they can "have as long as they needed" and then proceed to punish them anyway.

AVB said he didn't freeze him out but got him to train with the reserves because he was at a different level of fitness to the rest of the squad and therefore needed a different programme. Not sure how common that sort of thing really is mind but you often hear of people coming back from long term injuries or those who miss pre season being given a tailored programme.

I don't ever remember Ade being that fast. He outpaced a few of the Southampton defenders in a straight foot race in that match.

that's a bit strong. if he doesnt like him he doesnt like him, i think we as free men should be allowed not to like someone

i like ade btw but can understand why some dont

I didn't like the fact that he took ages to come back from the ACN, in fact, he should have been fined heavily for it. But I don't think it's on to have a pop at someone for taking their time in dealing with a bereavement. I mean some people in real life would milk it just because they could get away with it, but people deal with death in different ways. It took me about 6 months before I could start to say I was getting better after my dad died, although I only took 2 weeks off work and then had minimal time off after that, and by minimal I mean a few days in half a year (as holiday). Broadening the discussion out a bit, we've seen how professional athletes, cricketers especially suffer with depression, it can hit anyone regardless of the life they lead or how much money they earn.

AVB said he didn't freeze him out but got him to train with the reserves because he was at a different level of fitness to the rest of the squad and therefore needed a different programme. Not sure how common that sort of thing really is mind but you often hear of people coming back from long term injuries or those who miss pre season being given a tailored programme.

And why did AVB make Ade apologise to the rest of the squad from a raised platform?
Where Ade's levels of humiliation at a different level to the rest of the squad?

"We had meetings about the situation but, if a manager thinks something about someone, then we've all got to respect," said Rose when asked about Adebayor's previous exclusion. "We might not agree with it, but we have to respect it. We are all just happy Ade's back now. When he plays like that, you can see why he's played for a lot of great clubs. He gives us another dimension: he can finish, hold the ball up, and he wins defensive headers from set pieces. He's definitely like a new signing.

"The fact he stood up and apologised shows he does want to play for the club. It goes without saying, he's not short of money so he could have just sat and not done anything. But he apologised and that's that. Whatever happened with the previous manager, it's up to the manager. But, as I said, we've just got to forget about that and look forward. The top four is still the aim. The previous manager wanted to win a trophy and finish in the top four, and it should be the same whoever comes in now or for Tim. Personally, I want to finish in the top four. The club flourished playing Champions League football and that's the aim."

And why did AVB make Ade apologise to the rest of the squad from a raised platform?
Where Ade's levels of humiliation at a different level to the rest of the squad?

No idea on that one or what the apology was for.

Does sound like poor mgt, if it was for missing the private jet that led to him being unavailable for some games then a squad apology might be warranted but certainly not from a raised platform.

Ade has made a career falling in and out of favour. Wherever he has been the only constant has been him. If Tim can get a tune out of him at the moment, then great, we need as many hands to the pump as possible at the moment. But if Ade is the answer then i'd like to know what the question is?

Don't hang your hat on Ade long term, if we want a consistent team then all players need to be consistent and committed (as possible). If he's in the mood at the moment, use him. And that's taking a leaf out of Ade's manual.... looking after no.1

I didn't like the fact that he took ages to come back from the ACN, in fact, he should have been fined heavily for it. But I don't think it's on to have a pop at someone for taking their time in dealing with a bereavement. I mean some people in real life would milk it just because they could get away with it, but people deal with death in different ways. It took me about 6 months before I could start to say I was getting better after my dad died, although I only took 2 weeks off work and then had minimal time off after that, and by minimal I mean a few days in half a year (as holiday). Broadening the discussion out a bit, we've seen how professional athletes, cricketers especially suffer with depression, it can hit anyone regardless of the life they lead or how much money they earn.

That's my point really, we all deal differently and nobody gets over bereavement quickly. But we do just get on with life.

If Ade is depressed, as you alluded to at the end of the post, then he needs to admit it so that we can get the insurance on him next time he goes AWOL.

That's my point really, we all deal differently and nobody gets over bereavement quickly. But we do just get on with life.

If Ade is depressed, as you alluded to at the end of the post, then he needs to admit it so that we can get the insurance on him next time he goes AWOL.

I was a great supporter of AVB Scara, but on this issue he ****ed up IMO. Whatever the rights and wrongs of a situation, the reality is that some people react to loss differently to others. And further, I'd suggest that Ade's character is such that he needs a bit of TLC. Whether we agree with the rights and wrong of that, those are the facts, and as a manager, if you have a valuable asset which needs a bit of alternative treatment, I'd say you should execute it.

Ade's an interesting character, one who I think has often been misunderstood. In Togo, the man is like a King AND with that is saddled with financial expectations and responsibilities the likes of which we could not gauge. I'd say that well over half his money goes to supporting extended family/various Togolese charity initiatives.

My personal feeling on why AVB's patience with Ade ran out this summer comes down to timing. I think he'd just ben informed of the U-turn by Bale and Barnett via Levy, and I think suddenly Ade suffers a family bereavement and takes off (with blessings) but doesn't surface for a while. I'd say the timing angered him greatly.

really - paulino - been awful for 90% of the season - and first name on the team sheet.

Back on topic - ade has been awesome in both games - knitting play up between midfield and the front line - unseen all season - and watching him bust a gut to get on the end of defoes cross was great to see.

another 2 - whatever went on - it was atrocious management skills.

Forget all the bereavement stuff, coz we don't know what goes on in Adebayor's head.

What we do know is that Adebayor would have been a useful addition in games this season and AVB did his level best to freeze him out. That was not a pragmatic decision and it may have cost him his job (in a roundabout way).

Forget all the bereavement stuff, coz we don't know what goes on in Adebayor's head.

What we do know is that Adebayor would have been a useful addition in games this season and AVB did his level best to freeze him out. That was not a pragmatic decision and it cost him his job

Fixed.

Back