• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Re: Official - Adebayor

It is called the art of man-management. To get the best out of players you need to know what makes them tick. They aren't machines or chess pieces. AVB failed miserably with Ade. Really poor man-management from him. That, for me, is why he won't succeed as a top coach.

Can't really fault AVB for not knowing how to deal with players. His management style stems from being a scout/analysts, being able to look at players as stats and numbers and seeing how those numbers can be used to achieve more success. Maybe if he'd played some level of football and actually been around players in the locker room as a player , he would've understood player motives and how to deal with certain personalities.

Can't really fault AVB for not knowing how to deal with players. His management style stems from being a scout/analysts, being able to look at players as stats and numbers and seeing how those numbers can be used to achieve more success. Maybe if he'd played some level of football and actually been around players in the locker room as a player , he would've understood player motives and how to deal with certain personalities.

arrgggggghhhhhhhhh

Its the Adebayor thread but I will say my piece on both Ade and Benny because it seems some people are going OTT with this he don't know how to handle players.

I feel AVB were perfectly justified in their omissions from the squad and team . The pair have much to say for themselves and I can believe both will have given the young coach good reasons to exclude them from his plans. Ade had also undermined AVB last January with his late return from the ACN. This is not about AVB's weirdness, bad management with players as some keep repeating , this is about a manager/head coach being undermined by insubordination and then reacting in the way he sees fit, that is for the benefit of the collective in the long term. It's what managers do!

As for performances on the field . Ade was poor last season and I'm not buying into the theory of Ade stepping aside from his duties as a center forward purely to accommodate Gareth Bale. This is nonsense and were proven in his 9/10 performance at Stamford Bridge towards the end of last season. Was there another performance from him all last season that came anywhere near the level displayed that night? Ade plays and runs hard when it suits him and whilst Sherwood is correct in stating that he has played for big teams like Arsenal and Emirates Marketing Project his career with both, is also littered with abject performances and tantrums, and it is why both Wenger and Mancini were happy to get rid .

It's also been said of Ade that he ups his game and plays well when contracts are in the offing or when existing ones are up for re-negotiation . Apparently , although I can't say with 100% certainty, his contract with Emirates Marketing Project is due to expire next summer and a £3.5 million shortfall will have to be found. I don't know what arrangement he has with us but I'm guessing all will soon be revealed.

As for Benny , it's clear , defensively Benny was not suited to the high line tactic and he certainly is not suited to the energy sapping demands of getting up and down the full length of the left flank. Benny does not run back into position at speed , he ambles back . Also , despite his excellent technique, as an attacking full back he is distinctly average.

If Sherwood recalls him from QPR, I'm hoping he does so with mind to keep Rose as first choice who in my opinion is the better all round full-back.

At the beginning of my post , I touched on the pair having to much to say for themselves and I think Ade's ridiculous BBC interview post-match at Southampton shows this . Also Benny at the beginning of the season showed us all what a 'team player' he is during the Bale to Real Madrid saga. .Whilst AVB and numerous other players , were pulling together and coming out with , " that whilsts they recognise the lure of Real Madrid, they hoped Gareth would stay for another season at least". Benny told the rags , " if a player is offered more money elsewhere and his current club cannot match the offer, then the player should be allowed to move on if he wishes." This is all according Benny's world, where contracts between club and player are not actually for protection of the interests of both parties, i.e. player and club but purely for the player. He is not a team player and AVB quickly recognised this.

AVB made numerous errors granted, but not IMO regarding these two players. As coach/manager he were within his rights to omit them from his plans but he made an error in playing Rose in the Europa and he were unfortunate our front players were so abject in front of the opponents goal.

Both Ade and Benny now have another chance with, Sherwood now in charge and we could well benefit in the short term. However, I would advise Sherwood not to put to much trust in the pair and be looking for other options for the long term.

Merry Xmas to all on GG ...

If you are correct in your analysis, ( and I don't believe you are) AVB should have got a replacement for Ade last Jan, or certainly this summer and sold Ade, making it crystal clear to him that he wouldn't play for him ever again. You don't have him around the place at all if you think he isn't worth a tinkers cuss. AVB was weak weak weak in dealing with Ade. He treated him with disdain - the worst of all worlds for us.

If you are correct in your analysis, ( and I don't believe you are) AVB should have got a replacement for Ade last Jan, or certainly this summer and sold Ade, making it crystal clear to him that he wouldn't play for him ever again. You don't have him around the place at all if you think he isn't worth a tinkers cuss. AVB was weak weak weak in dealing with Ade. He treated him with disdain - the worst of all worlds for us.

Exactly. He either needed to be replaced or played. Levy knew which of the 2 was more valuable to THFC.

He tried to sell Ade in the summer. Nobody would match what Ade is currently paid, so Ade decided to stay at a club where he was unlikely to play rather than play for less money.

All according to newspapers, but I've seen nothing to dispute it.

Its the Adebayor thread but I will say my piece on both Ade and Benny because it seems some people are going OTT with this he don't know how to handle players.

I feel AVB were perfectly justified in their omissions from the squad and team . The pair have much to say for themselves and I can believe both will have given the young coach good reasons to exclude them from his plans. Ade had also undermined AVB last January with his late return from the ACN. This is not about AVB's weirdness, bad management with players as some keep repeating , this is about a manager/head coach being undermined by insubordination and then reacting in the way he sees fit, that is for the benefit of the collective in the long term. It's what managers do!

As for performances on the field . Ade was poor last season and I'm not buying into the theory of Ade stepping aside from his duties as a center forward purely to accommodate Gareth Bale. This is nonsense and were proven in his 9/10 performance at Stamford Bridge towards the end of last season. Was there another performance from him all last season that came anywhere near the level displayed that night? Ade plays and runs hard when it suits him and whilst Sherwood is correct in stating that he has played for big teams like Arsenal and Emirates Marketing Project his career with both, is also littered with abject performances and tantrums, and it is why both Wenger and Mancini were happy to get rid .

It's also been said of Ade that he ups his game and plays well when contracts are in the offing or when existing ones are up for re-negotiation . Apparently , although I can't say with 100% certainty, his contract with Emirates Marketing Project is due to expire next summer and a £3.5 million shortfall will have to be found. I don't know what arrangement he has with us but I'm guessing all will soon be revealed.

As for Benny , it's clear , defensively Benny was not suited to the high line tactic and he certainly is not suited to the energy sapping demands of getting up and down the full length of the left flank. Benny does not run back into position at speed , he ambles back . Also , despite his excellent technique, as an attacking full back he is distinctly average.

If Sherwood recalls him from QPR, I'm hoping he does so with mind to keep Rose as first choice who in my opinion is the better all round full-back.

At the beginning of my post , I touched on the pair having to much to say for themselves and I think Ade's ridiculous BBC interview post-match at Southampton shows this . Also Benny at the beginning of the season showed us all what a 'team player' he is during the Bale to Real Madrid saga. .Whilst AVB and numerous other players , were pulling together and coming out with , " that whilsts they recognise the lure of Real Madrid, they hoped Gareth would stay for another season at least". Benny told the rags , " if a player is offered more money elsewhere and his current club cannot match the offer, then the player should be allowed to move on if he wishes." This is all according Benny's world, where contracts between club and player are not actually for protection of the interests of both parties, i.e. player and club but purely for the player. He is not a team player and AVB quickly recognised this.

AVB made numerous errors granted, but not IMO regarding these two players. As coach/manager he were within his rights to omit them from his plans but he made an error in playing Rose in the Europa and he were unfortunate our front players were so abject in front of the opponents goal.

Both Ade and Benny now have another chance with, Sherwood now in charge and we could well benefit in the short term. However, I would advise Sherwood not to put to much trust in the pair and be looking for other options for the long term.

=D>=D>

Ok let me get this straight;

Adebayor is crap = AVB's fault
Adebayor wasn't sold = AVB's fault
Adebayor wasn't played because of the above = AVB's fault

It's not 'nonsense'…it's an opinion that holds at least the opportunity to be shown some respect when you see how the team shaped up against Chelski. Bale played more as a wide man and Ade was distinctly higher and more central in that match and a couple of others as the season wound down. You don't have to agree, but 'nonsense' is a bit harsh matey...

I like ade and think that he can be really really good. However history has shown that he is often off to bright starts but bitter ends. Maybe this is his second start for Spurs under Tim; but hopefully it would end differently this time.

Arsenal had to sell him, He was not Mancini's cup of tea and Real Madrid only had him for a loan. and 20 - 30 1 on 1s? you are talking out of your ****.

How about stop being negative and get behind him?

I always judge strikers by how they take the one-on-one chance with the goalie. Unfortunately all our 3 strikers, Soldado, Defoe and Adebayor are shyte with converting the one-on-one chance against the goalie. I actually counted that Adebayor missed 20-30 of those chances during the 2011/12 season and 10-20 chances last season. It will be good if he can improve on that under Sherwood but the fact is he was shyte before. He is 29 now but has only scored more than 10 league goals 3 times in his whole career. So, I think he needs to be more humble and concentrate on improving his goal tally rather than blaming others for not getting much playing time this season. Personally, don't like his goal celebrations where he always seems to celebrate himself by dancing rather than with the other players.

Mind you, even the ref seems to hate his dancing :
http://thebiglead.com/2013/12/22/emmanuel-adebayors-goal-celebration-dance-didnt-impress-the-ref/
:lol:

One thing I don't get is where the "Adebayor is lazy" thing comes from. Even when he's been in sh1t form, I always notice him tracking back or working the channels. He does a lot of running and always has.

I have followed Adebayor's form since his days at Arsenal and he has always been criticised as being lazy. Look at this report when he left Arsenal :

Ray Parlour: Arsenal Are Right To Sell 'Lazy' Adebayor To Emirates Marketing Project
Jul 15, 2009 2:17:48 AM

The ex-Gunner is keen to see 'Ade' leave, so that the club can purchase another, more committed, forward...

Former Arsenal midfielder Ray Parlour is completely supportive of Arsene Wenger's decision to sell Emmanuel Adebayor.

The Togo international appears to be moving closer to a move to Emirates Marketing Project, and Parlour believes the Gunners will be getting rid of a "lazy" player.

He told The Daily Star, "He was too lazy at times last season and just didn’t do it.

"His body language wasn’t great. He has a big contract, which maybe is because he had a good season the year before – but he needs people behind him getting on his back.

"Wenger will not stand in his way because they can get a lot of money for him and then get a very good player to replace him. His attitude amazed me at times last season when he just didn’t put it in.

"Sometimes if things are not going well for you, you have to show desire."

Parlour then said that the reported fee of £30 million was a bonus for Arsenal, continuing, "At first I heard £30m bandied around, and I’d snap their hand off at that price.

"Then you go and get an excellent player who will work his socks off.”

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/engla...ur-arsenal-are-right-to-sell-lazy-adebayor-to

----------------------------

There is no doubt he is very talented. But he really needs to work harder for the team all the time and not only when he has something to prove.

Ade was crap under AVB, therefore at least part his fault. If AVB didn't want Ade at the club he should have made this crystal clear to him that he WASNT going to play again. From Ade's quotes at the beginning of the season, it certainly WASNT the case. He then treated him with complete disdain, 100% AVB's fault.

I'm going to back the guy. If continues to produce performances like Sunday on a regular basis, he could save a lot of cash and get our season back on course.
Hopefully I dont have egg on my face come NYD

Ade was crap under AVB, therefore at least part his fault. If AVB didn't want Ade at the club he should have made this crystal clear to him that he WASNT going to play again. From Ade's quotes at the beginning of the season, it certainly WASNT the case. He then treated him with complete disdain, 100% AVB's fault.

He absolutely did that behind closed doors. His appearance at City was bizarre. But AVB did not want to start him ever again, let alone play him. In fact, it was the straw which broke both camel's backs...

He absolutely did that behind closed doors. His appearance at City was bizarre. But AVB did not want to start him ever again, let alone play him. In fact, it was the straw which broke both camel's backs...

I thought he would have done too, but it did contradict a lot of what Ade himself said. Comments like, when he had the offers from others in the summer, that he has discussed it with the manager, who doesn't want him to go and he wants to stay to fight for his place. He also said he always has fought for his place wherever he was and always ended up top striker. It was obviously another " confused message" from AVB.

I thought he would have done too, but it did contradict a lot of what Ade himself said. Comments like, when he had the offers from others in the summer, that he has discussed it with the manager, who doesn't want him to go and he wants to stay to fight for his place. He also said he always has fought for his place wherever he was and always ended up top striker. It was obviously another " confused message" from AVB.

Can you find the quotes where Ade says he has discussed it with the manager and was told he wanted him to stay? I don't remember that happening?

I remember Ade saying he is with the reserves to regain his 'sense of goal', but noting that would suggest the 'another mixed message' stick can be used to beat AVB with on this occasion.

I know how AS feels now always equalising people on Harry, just don't want to let any disservice slide on to AVB.

Back