• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Re: Adebayor

I read it the way Rorschach does, I don't think it is an insult, he's more poking fun at the situation and saying there is no chance of him whatsoever getting picked.

Interesting.

I read it more as the same way a Spurs fan might have said "next week you'll tell me that Gervinho is better than Bale" in reply to some Arsenal fan saying that Walcott is better than Bale.

I agree though, it could have been what you and Rorschach said and that he's just saying that he's not really in contention for a first team place.

He's clearly been confined to the kids not due to lack of match fitness (he would obtain that with the first team squad, long term injured players don't come back and train with the kids for weeks on end), but because AVB doesn't want him around the squad. Just like he didn't want his "Brother from another Mother" around either.

Poor man management from AVB or poor attitude from Adebayor? Without knowing the full facts it's impossible to tell. Both have previous on this at other clubs, so it's probably a case of both are partly to blame.

What I do think is that this is poor footballing management. We need Adebayor as an option if he is available. AVB falling out with a player is one thing, but completely freezing him out seems stupid to me. What makes a great manager isn't being able to manage players who want to play for you and the club, but managing and getting performances out of players who don't like you or don't want to be at the club.

He's clearly been confined to the kids not due to lack of match fitness (he would obtain that with the first team squad, long term injured players don't come back and train with the kids for weeks on end), but because AVB doesn't want him around the squad. Just like he didn't want his "Brother from another Mother" around either.

Poor man management from AVB or poor attitude from Adebayor? Without knowing the full facts it's impossible to tell. Both have previous on this at other clubs, so it's probably a case of both are partly to blame.

What I do think is that this is poor footballing management. We need Adebayor as an option if he is available. AVB falling out with a player is one thing, but completely freezing him out seems stupid to me. What makes a great manager isn't being able to manage players who want to play for you and the club, but managing and getting performances out of players who don't like you or don't want to be at the club.

So you see no tangible benefit from having an entire squad fully focussed on one collective goal with a similar mentality, and from not having someone that may disrupt that in amongst it?

Er.. Depends what you mean by kids.. Player who have had long term injuries often train and play for the u21's to gain match fitness.

That to me is playing with the kids. They don't have the fitness to play with the first team, doing that would be a waste of everyone's time.

Er.. Depends what you mean by kids.. Player who have had long term injuries often train and play for the u21's to gain match fitness.

That to me is playing with the kids. They don't have the fitness to play with the first team, doing that would be a waste of everyone's time.

Holtby turned out for U 21 side recently. So did Kane. Who is Harry training with?

Last edited:

Holtby turned out for U 21 side recently. Si did Kane. Who is Harry training with?

I don't see the relevance, both are fit and ready to play. Ade is neither of those by all accounts.

To answer it anyways, Harry probably sometimes trains with the first team, and sometimes trains with the u21s.

Out-of-favour Spurs striker Emmanuel Adebayor (@E_Adebayor) credits his team-mates: “Great win tonight, going to bed, training in the morning. Have a good night guys. COYS!”

Out-of-favour Spurs striker Emmanuel Adebayor (@E_Adebayor) credits his team-mates: “Great win tonight, going to bed, training in the morning. Have a good night guys. COYS!”

Nice to see some positivity from Ade. I still think he can make a telling contribution this season if he's in the right place mentally.

Nice to see some positivity from Ade. I still think he can make a telling contribution this season if he is in the right place mentally.

A massive IF, if you ask me. Still, nice to see the positivity, especially heartened by the COYS at the end!

i truly think that ade will excel with the new boys who prefer to play against each other. prior to this he had to play in support of support either bale or defoe

Ade on form or Soldado on form?

Ade of the 11/12 season will be a tough act to beat - don't really have much knowledge of Soldado on form to make a choice though

Although having said that i think what this team needs from the CF is ability within the box and arguably Soldado is the better equipped to provide that

Really like your posts normally mate, but:

NotSureIfSerious.jpg

Seems like he is set to join first-team training on monday:

Interesting. I had though Ade was gone too far, so to speak, but I guess training with the 1st team squad shows that he still might have a place in AVB's plans after all. Right now he really needs to knuckle down and work hard to win his place back. Whether he does or not is another discussion but for the money he's on that is the bare minimum. There is a new mindset at the club and Ade needs to get with it.

From what I've seen ade.

Soldado is the type of guy to finish moves, so when on form he'll just be more likely to finish... However ade on form comes back, creates and just destroys teams.

Soldado on form would still need service, ade would create service..

Adebayor in 11-12 was brilliant. It's a shame he isn't the greatest finisher because he should have had about 30 Prem goals. Missed far too many but he was great. I said when we signed Soldado, he wont be as good as Ade was in 11-12 but he should score a lot more goals.

Back