• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emerson Royal

Brilliant for games like this but you don't want him at RWB at home to anybody other than the top teams as we want to be attacking not defending

What have happened to Royal? Immense last two games, if he can continue to develop he will be a great player. Our left side seems like the weak side now with Davies/langlet - Sess/Peresic. A left centre back and upgrade on Sessegnon in the summer must be priority one!

Always been a very good defender, though he did have a period where he looked shaky defensively that's normal for a young player.

Has improved on the ball, buildup, combination play. Far from a great attacking wing back, but has become useful, particularly as long as it's Kulusevski ahead of him and Romero as RCB.

Very good that we got Porro over the line for that different option. Let's see how far Emerson can push his development, but he's improved quite a lot already so who knows.

I hear Emerson has to go to Birmingham today, he has to have Grealish surgically removed from his pocket!

Thought Emerson, Dier (did Haaland have a kick) and PEH were outstanding. Actually the whole team played well, but for me those three wer fantastic.

last season same game pretty much the same, man c threw everything at us (different players) but could not get through our right side which featured royal and romero.

same this game with just grealish - though it highlighted on a one v one - royal is a defensive baller. has baller mind and sees the baller moves to stop them.

i think royal will do well as a rcb.

Said on here a couple of games back he is/has had to learn about the changing role he has been asked to do. In his last couple of games he has shown he has worked hard at doing just that and looking a much better suitied player for us. Good for him at at only 24 he has a bright future IF he keeps it up.

Well done son.

It's amazing what serious competition for your place can do eh?
Great performance; big dilemma for coaching staff vs Leicester and Milan..do you 'rest' Emerson and have him sharp for Milan, and bring in Porro to add more guile in front of Sanchez?

Or is that too many changes in one game we know the opposition will be well up for?

It's amazing what serious competition for your place can do eh?
Great performance; big dilemma for coaching staff vs Leicester and Milan..do you 'rest' Emerson and have him sharp for Milan, and bring in Porro to add more guile in front of Sanchez?

Or is that too many changes in one game we know the opposition will be well up for?

To be fair to him, I don't think it is all to do with competition, confidence yes (the goal against City probably helped), and the guy obviously works his ass off.

I think he needs to start against Leicester (form and merit matters), take him off at 60-65 minutes for Porro if you want, but give him the start.

To be fair to him, I don't think it is all to do with competition, confidence yes (the goal against City probably helped), and the guy obviously works his ass off.

I think he needs to start against Leicester (form and merit matters), take him off at 60-65 minutes for Porro if you want, but give him the start.

Agreed. He's been taking steps in the right direction for a while now to at least be a very good "defensive wing back" if such a description can be used.

I don't think competition for places has made much of a difference. Though good to see him respond positively to that with another good performance.

Probably right about the Leicester game too, though I really want to see what Porro can do for us.

Kudos to Spurs media team (for those who don't know, Emerson used to post his own little game compilations until the social media abuse became too much, so the club did it this time)

Great to see that he has gone away and worked hard at adjusting his game to fit our plans, great answer to those who have given him dogs abuse over the last couple of seasons. Keep it up lad.

I've said all along that he is good at everything other than his final delivery into the box. That delivery can also be worked on, maybe with him just concentrating on getting balls into good areas as opposed to precision passes/crosses trying to pick out a specific player. With Kulusevski in front of him Royal's final ball weakness doesn't tend to be exposed as much anyway.

I think our crowd will probably move onto Sessegnon as the next young player who's career they want to destroy before the player has got anywhere near their peak. That will be a shame as there is no reason why he can't become one of the best attacking left backs in the premier league.

Last edited:
I've said all along that he is good at everything other than his final delivery into the box. That delivery can also be worked on, maybe with him just concentrating on getting balls into good areas as opposed to precision passes/crosses trying to pick out a specific player. With Kulusevski in front of him Royal's final ball weakness doesn't tend to be exposed as much anyway.

I think our crowd will probably move onto Sessegnon as the next young player who's career they want to destroy before the player has got anywhere near their peak. That will be a shame as there is no reason why he can't become one of the best attacking left backs in the premier league.

I would love to see Sess kick on, but his problems arent that he lacks the ability it's more his lack of self belief his body language is terrible, even when Royal not performing he still looked up for it and played with high energy.

Always has to be at least one spacegoat in the team, that's the rules

Good, but not great at dribbling, bak progression. Not necessarily a "deal breaker, but ideally you want at least one real attacking quality that's outstanding or close to it from a wing back I think.

Still have my doubts about how far he can go as a wing back. But as long as he's improving and we also have a different, more attacking, option in the squad I'm happy with him.

Back