• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emerson Royal

Agreed re Emerson

So had the exact same thought as you re Perisic over Sess, however I think Conte tried to jump them using Sess pace, and the opening moves (twice in first 10 minutes) put Sess in a position to run into open space and swing a ball in where Son & Kane were 2 on 2, he didn't, could easily have been 1-0/2-0 and the choice would make sense.
At first I thought it's mad not playing Perisic BUT on second thoughts, if Conte was thinking Arsenal were going to be a problem he probably wanted a younger player to match up with Saka. Perisic has been severely lacking in one on ones in defensive areas this season, looking every bit 33 years old.

Tbh I'm done with Sess though, I so want him to do well but it's the self belief...it's just not there to be a consistent top level player.

We all know ( i think ) that Royal is not the player that make the system work well, but he is nowhere as bad as some have tried to make out ( imo). Do we need better of course we do but some of the slagging is well over the top. imo

Seeing him try to interplay and contribute going forwards, is like watching Hugo Lloris or Ben Mee sprinting down the wing.

It's never gonna work.

The ball bounced directly on and off his head into the goal; time to sell while his stock is high.

Seeing him try to interplay and contribute going forwards, is like watching Hugo Lloris or Ben Mee sprinting down the wing.

It's never gonna work.

The ball bounced directly on and off his head into the goal; time to sell while his stock is high.
Rubbish. Your post that is.

We all know ( i think ) that Royal is not the player that make the system work well, but he is nowhere as bad as some have tried to make out ( imo). Do we need better of course we do but some of the slagging is well over the top. imo

If we played a back 4 he'd look way better but he's generally solid defensively. Poor crosser but he does get into good positions at least.

His pass and move was good tonight. We did well down the right both defending and going forward…. But hey he’s one of the whipping boys so let’s have a go at him instead of Perisic,

Perisic is just past it, like Hugo.

Different reason why his performances aren't at the right level. We hopefully have signed a solution in that position though for next year, so it's less of a focus I think

He wasn't very good, he just wasn't as terrible as he usually is. Got the bounce of the ball a few times, but nothing special.

form an orderly queue, I'm big enough to let you all back on the Emerson Bus

Gotta love the odd little bit of flair he's throwing in to the mix as well - Let's not kid ourselves the bloke still can't cross for brick, but it's awesome that he's putting in some excellent back to back performances.

Not to take away any credit but he was also helped by Kulu who did a good job of winding up the Fulham LB too

Gotta love the odd little bit of flair he's throwing in to the mix as well - Let's not kid ourselves the bloke still can't cross for brick, but it's awesome that he's putting in some excellent back to back performances.

Not to take away any credit but he was also helped by Kulu who did a good job of winding up the Fulham LB too
His crossing is horrendous but his running was great
He did link up with kulu well
My MOTM

I'm a big critic but other than one wild lunge in the first half thought he was solid and noticeably more comfortable on the ball

Back