• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dos Santos - Real Mallorca

What to do with Dos Santos?

• Sell him now, try and get some money before he goes on a free.

Votes: 34 41.0%
  • Loan him out again and see if he does well.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't give him a new contract, wasn't ever convinced by him.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Put him in AVB's new Spurs team.

Votes: 49 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm unsure on the rules, could even be a contract termination clause if he's not given a set amount of games.

I thought they were.. Demba Ba had one after all..

I thought it was different to, say, Spain, where everyone had to have a release clause, which leads to the stupidly high release clauses that may as well not exist..

(But that might not have been Spain.. i forget where..)

I think in Spain / Portugal those are utilised as insurance policies more than anything and are required by the governing authority? Someone can confirm that.

I'm unsure on the rules, could even be a contract termination clause if he's not given a set amount of games.

That is very much a possibility, afaik - I think you need to feature in a certain number of games per season else you could have grounds for termination. I think there was something on the PL site some time back on this topic.

i hope avb gives him a genuine chance to impress... I think he could work wonders in a 4-3-3 linking up with gylfi, bale etc.

based on his recent media talk he's keen to give us one last go, which i think he should be applauded for, after the way he's been treated.

Haven't read anything where he remotely says anything like he will give us a chance only that if we don't let him go he will leave for free next summer.

Haven't read anything where he remotely says anything like he will give us a chance only that if we don't let him go he will leave for free next summer.

Jonathan Two Saints said:
“Everything is changing at Tottenham – there’s a new manager and it could mean I have an opportunity this season,” said Dos Santos, who has already won 59 caps for Mexico.

“I have to go back and talk with the manager and see what he thinks and then we’ll decide what my future is.

“I still haven’t spoken to him yet and I’ll wait until the Olympics has finished until I do that.

“I’ve got one year left on my contract and until then I have no idea what’s going to happen either way.

“I’m very happy in England and I would like to stay in this country but the most important thing for me is playing in games. It’s always important to playing in your team as it gives you more opportunities to be selected for your country.”

“All players want opportunities and it was very frustrating that I didn’t play in many games for the old manager.

“I almost never spoke with him so he never explained any reasons why he wasn’t playing me.”

I would give the lad a chance. He is obviously a talent and I would hate to see him go on to be another KPB

Every tournament I have seen him play at he has done very well so give the lad a run in the side I say

How many regimes has he been here for? Still he doesn't get a sniff, get rid I say. It also seems every time he could get a fresh start he is with Mexico for some tournament. I don't see him training with us for a week or so and slotting into the side he will be an outsider yet again.

How many regimes has he been here for? Still he doesn't get a sniff, get rid I say. It also seems every time he could get a fresh start he is with Mexico for some tournament. I don't see him training with us for a week or so and slotting into the side he will be an outsider yet again.

1 and half....

He was caught I believe on the edge of Ramos and Redknapp so you can see how it is easy for a player to not get a sniff really, our squad is littered with that kind of thing.

We paid fair money for the lad and I think he is a talent, yeh he might be rough around the edges and he might not live life like a saint but when has that bothered anyone when a player goes on to prove their class?

1 and half....

He was caught I believe on the edge of Ramos and Redknapp so you can see how it is easy for a player to not get a sniff really, our squad is littered with that kind of thing.

We paid fair money for the lad and I think he is a talent, yeh he might be rough around the edges and he might not live life like a saint but when has that bothered anyone when a player goes on to prove their class?

I do remember on a few occasions Redknapp giving him a lifeline and he just throws it away. Young Boys away comes to mind. It is confusing to me because he looks world class for Mexico but plays in our reserves literally it is baffling.

I think its always a tough tough call to say to a player "there you go there is your chance" only for them to get that one game and it to be their only game in every 10/15/20 or so. Thats no way to bring talent through, they need to be given a run to prove their worth in my opinion

Look at Bale, I think he was going the same way at one point due to Redknapps man management however an extended run in the side gave him the basis for the player we are seeing today.

I think its always a tough tough call to say to a player "there you go there is your chance" only for them to get that one game and it to be their only game in every 10/15/20 or so. Thats no way to bring talent through, they need to be given a run to prove their worth in my opinion

Look at Bale, I think he was going the same way at one point due to Redknapps man management however an extended run in the side gave him the basis for the player we are seeing today.

That is a fair point my feelings though are that both club and player need a fresh start. For whatever reasons it just never worked for Gio with us both sides probably deserve some blame.

Yeh maybe you are right, no one will know.

I just hate to see us not develop or use talent that we have.

I looked at our slump last season and I look at what we had available but Redknapp was so intent on trying to patch up the side with his trusted favourites when we had talent out of the side like Dos Santos who could have given us a little bit of a fresh boost? Maybe?

Sad to hear that, tbh - but at the same time not suprised in the slightest. I wonder what he did to tinkle the old man off

Fringe players always say that about managers who don't play them, several players said the same of Jol and Santini.

Sad to hear that, tbh - but at the same time not suprised in the slightest. I wonder what he did to tinkle the old man off

Got rat legged as a 19 year old boy at the Xmas party and Redknapp did not like it, from that point on he was saying he had a drink problem and missed training. Funny thing is both Keane and Rijkard ( when they had him on loan) have said he was not a moments problem and was always first in to training and last one to leave.

I haven't watched him with Mexico, apart from a few highlights. Could it be they play him differently (more central?) and/or make him the focus of the team more?

I remember Warnock talking about Taarabt and how he built to team around him and made him feel important. Some players respond to that. There is no question that Taarabt looked a much better player than with us.

Anyway, it strikes me that he's been here too long without impressing and there are too many bad memories for him here. I think that means it will be too difficult for him to turn it around here and its better for a clean break. I'd be happy to be proved wrong.

I haven't watched him with Mexico, apart from a few highlights. Could it be they play him differently (more central?) and/or make him the focus of the team more?

I remember Warnock talking about Taarabt and how he built to team around him and made him feel important. Some players respond to that. There is no question that Taarabt looked a much better player than with us.

Anyway, it strikes me that he's been here too long without impressing and there are too many bad memories for him here. I think that means it will be too difficult for him to turn it around here and its better for a clean break. I'd be happy to be proved wrong.

First off, I would say Gio is a far better player than Taarabt, and Taarabt obviously wa shown way out of his depth when he made the step up to the Premiership. However, there is something to be said about Mexico building the team around him. Part of the reason he thrives for them, it would never happen like that for us but AVB's system does seem to be a much better fit for Gio and if he is to make an impact with us this would be the right circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back