• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dos Santos - Real Mallorca

What to do with Dos Santos?

• Sell him now, try and get some money before he goes on a free.

Votes: 34 41.0%
  • Loan him out again and see if he does well.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't give him a new contract, wasn't ever convinced by him.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Put him in AVB's new Spurs team.

Votes: 49 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think it is worth giving him another chance even if it increases the risk of losing him for nothing next summer?

If he turns out to be our best player in a position we should play him, but I wouldn't have him as a sub ahead of another young talent.

Obviously but that is not the question. We have a choice in whether he is still here when the window closes.

Levy must've been asking for too much in previous windows otherwise I'm convinced he'd be gone already.

How long do you think that we leave it until we make that decision?

Depending on his contractual situation, which we don't really know, he has to show something right from his first day in training. I wouldn't put him in the team unless he impressed in training, but our coaching team will know best.

Levy must've been asking for too much in previous windows otherwise I'm convinced he'd be gone already.

He's a risky player for any club to sign and I doubt that any want to pay much of a fee whereas we are going to want to recover as much of the £5m we paid as possible. His club record is pretty poor (a good cup game against Stevenage probably doesn't count for much overseas). If he was at another club and we were looking to sign him, what would we be saying?

Do you think it is worth giving him another chance even if it increases the risk of losing him for nothing next summer?

for the money we'd get for him now i think it'd be worth the gamble (assuming those at the club think he has a chance)

I have no idea how good he is, but i am hoping he gets a chance under AVB to show what he can do as he never got the chance under Redknapp,

There are 3,753 players as important as GDS in world football

Sell him, and move on, no big deal

Cull all the deadwood and let the saplings breathe

Or something

He's taken the rise with his attitude, so get rid

He's a risky player for any club to sign and I doubt that any want to pay much of a fee whereas we are going to want to recover as much of the £5m we paid as possible. His club record is pretty poor (a good cup game against Stevenage probably doesn't count for much overseas). If he was at another club and we were looking to sign him, what would we be saying?

Based on what I know now I wouldn't be interested. However, before he signed I thought he had the potential to be quality.

The dilemma is that he does it for Mexico and we all want to see some of that good brick for Spurs. And let's be honest, he hasn't done it for Spurs whatsoever. In his defence he plays right of front three for Mexico but hasn't been given the same role for Spurs. Maybe the formation change we all expect will be the making of him. Probably not.

Has anyone been even sniffing around him this transfer window?

If we can get a decent bid in for him we should let him go imo. Wouldn't mind being wrong, but I just don't see him making it for us.

Seen enough glimpses of how good he can be to happily keep him as a rival for Lennon this season, especially under a AvB (4-3-3) system in which he could flourish.

If he turns out to have a blinder then we're gonna get paid back by him for letting him rot. He'll go back to Spain on a free and pocket a huge signing on fee.

i'd like to know how the negotiations go. seems like things are on a knife-edge. levy definitely does not have any cards left on this one; so it may all come down to AVB. i have a suspicion from the turn of events that GDS might be AVB's little project, that he wants to cultivate into his personal success story. I think he'll have a lot of empathy for GDS' situation with an "unreasonable employer".

Voted - give him another chance

I still think he has something to offer given the right context - something which was never quite the case in the past

Why give him games if he can't stay professional and even turn up for training in time?

I hope he has improved here, but if he still does, it just show how unprofessional he is

Hope we can convince him to sign a new contract with a release clause for his protection. Shame to throw him away.

Hope we can convince him to sign a new contract with a release clause for his protection. Shame to throw him away.

I thought release clauses are not utilised / not allowed in England?

I'd assume he would only like to sign on the 'guarantee' of regular football - not sure if AVB can give him that atm, not with Sigurdsson in the team at least.

Last edited:
I thought release clauses are not utilised / not allowed in England?

I'd assume he would only like to sign on the 'guarantee' of regular football - not sure if AVB can give him that atm, not with Sigurdsson in the team at least.

I thought they were.. Demba Ba had one after all..

I thought it was different to, say, Spain, where everyone had to have a release clause, which leads to the stupidly high release clauses that may as well not exist..

(But that might not have been Spain.. i forget where..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back