• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dempsey

completely agree. out of all the entire players that have been played on the wing this season, the only ones who genuinely help out their FB are gylfi and lennon

Again, I think that Dempsey often plays more than one position per game. I would absolutely agree that when he is played wide he does not support the FB like those two, you're undeniably right, but when playing in the hole (as he has perhaps more than anywhere else this season) he absolutely presses IMO...

Scored two and set up the first for Altidore against Germany.

His second:
ibju6ZgjW8l7X8.gif

man that's a brilliant goal. he could have learnt that from bale but he'd still need to be pretty good to pull that off.

his other goal wasn't too shabby either

ibnEwAGxTLLda9.gif

scored with both feet - good outing for him.

Last edited:
Why can't Dempsey score like that for us ? Almost all his goals for us have been either tap-ins or lucky deflections. Don't think he has hit the target from any of his long distance shots like his second goal against Germany.

Why can't Dempsey score like that for us ? Almost all his goals for us have been either tap-ins or lucky deflections. Don't think he has hit the target from any of his long distance shots like his second goal against Germany.

Probably because he can hear and feel the growns from our tossy fans as soon as he gets the ball.

We NEED those tap-ins!!!!! We already HAVE someone to belt the spectaculars, it's the crumbs we rare;y used to snaffle!

Look at the amount of space he had on the ball. I saw both goals live and Germany where not closing down at all.

Looks like he's getting closed down in the first gif.. his goal even takes a deflection.

Looks like he's getting closed down in the first gif.. his goal even takes a deflection.

I don't think it did take a deflection. Just a spectacular shot.

[video=youtube_share;jyKYkUVDpaU]http://youtu.be/jyKYkUVDpaU[/video]

Definitely doesn't look like a deflection going by that video! Superb effort

I was there!! Definitely not a deflection, he did well to create space for himself really. The Germans were stunned. Of which there were at least probably 15k of the 47k+ in attendance. I was well surprised by the turnout and result. Go America!

On a side note I would like to request a song for some of our players for those creative types here.. The only thing we do (and do well mind you) is chant U S A! U S A! and so on and so forth.

Better players include:

Clint Dempsey, Tim Howard, Michael Bradley, Jermaine Jones, Maurice Edu, Stuart Holden, and Jozy Altidore.

Any and all songs are welcome.

Last edited:
Dempsey is vastly underrated by Spurs fans

- Works his ass off, is the first Spurs player in a long, long time that gets into the box for the scrappy goals, shoots from distance, will play wherever he is asked and despite not being first choice contributed some very important goals this season.

Honestly, if our lives depended on a goal and the choice was Dempsey/JD/Ade, I'd probably go with Dempsey.

Think he'll add a good deal next season.

Dempsey is solid. I was one of those on his back at the start, thought he was poor, touch was off, wasn't linking well, I now honestly put that down to him having absolutely no pre-season whatsoever and then coming into a team with players he's never even played with. It all changed round about the West Ham home game though, his touch improved, he was linking up well, he was getting in great positions, scoring goals.

He's not the most blessed footballer when it comes to all round skill, not one you'd pay money to go and watch to see something special but he brings hard work, dedication and his love for the game to the team and that's what some teams don't have. When you have something willing to put there body on the line, work there arse off for the team and chip in with double digit goals, you can't be upset with him.

Dempsey is the new VDV - controversial playing style but hits goals and provides assists that counts. Certain to polarize the fans.

I was there!! Definitely not a deflection, he did well to create space for himself really. The Germans were stunned. Of which there were at least probably 15k of the 47k+ in attendance. I was well surprised by the turnout and result. Go America!

On a side note I would like to request a song for some of our players for those creative types here.. The only thing we do (and do well mind you) is chant U S A! U S A! and so on and so forth.

Better players include:

Clint Dempsey, Tim Howard, Michael Bradley, Jermaine Jones, Maurice Edu, Stuart Holden, and Jozy Altidore.

Any and all songs are welcome.

America...
America...
America, fudge YEAH!
Coming again, to save the mother fudging day yeah,
America, fudge YEAH!
Freedom is the only way yeah,
Terrorist your game is through cause now you have to answer too,
America, fudge YEAH!
So lick my butt, and suck on my balls,
America, fudge YEAH!
What you going to do when we come for you now,