• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dempsey

Re: Dempsey Sold Official

I could understand Caulker, he was a poor defender and could be improved upon for the transfer fee that we collected from Cardiff.

Never was backed by the fans fully to no fault of his own.

My fav goal was that one against stoke away ...
Well that is not entirely true. He started off pretty bad if a recall before finding his feet.

I think this is a mistake by the club myself. There are a few other players that I would have shifted before him, but I guess the committee have a plan.

He would get in the USA squad regardless. He is arguably their best player. Plus maybe it would have motivated him to play to his very best next season, rather than just opting out.

Well that is not entirely true. He started off pretty bad if a recall before finding his feet.

I think this is a mistake by the club myself. There are a few other players that I would have shifted before him, but I guess the committee have a plan.

he never even got a pre-season, no wonder he never hit the ground running.

the fans got on his back from the start because he wasn't Moutinho (who we were after moments before signign Dempsey), many thought it was just a panic buy and thought why are we replacing VDV with Dempsey?

fickle fans at their finest and you dont get much more fickle than at Spurs.

of course, but would he not feel better prepared for the world cup if he had a full season as a starter in his home country?

the fans got on his back from the start because he wasn't Moutinho (who we were after moments before signign Dempsey), many thought it was just a panic buy and thought why are we replacing VDV with Dempsey?

Exactly. He would likely have done even better in his second season.

Hoping We have good players lined up for both Caulker and Dempsey replacements, otherwise they are going to look like stupid moves by spurs.

Maybe we need to balance the books after spending 50 million on players?

Maybe he wants to head home and boost the profile of the league? Looking at hashtag demspeywatch, the Americans are pretty stoked to have him back.

I liked Clint - he could be frustrating as hell but scored some decent goals.

Here is a list of the players we have sold (or free) in the last 2 years.

Pav
Kranjcar
Corluka
Alnwick
Pienaar
Bassong
Modric
Button
VDV
GDS

Cudicini
Jenas
Bostock
Bentley
Parrett
Gallas
Caulker
Dempsey

That is a long list of good players.

Thanks for the memories, Deuce and good luck!

I'm a little disappointed we've sold him, but I'd be especially disappointed if his contribution wasn't replaced. However, a lot of the fans came round and supported him after a slow start once he did start contributing and scoring really important goals.

Yes all that is true but he was playing crap also ;)

I'm a little disappointed we've sold him, but I'd be especially disappointed if his contribution wasn't replaced. However, a lot of the fans came round and supported him after a slow start once he did start contributing and scoring really important goals.

I think Siggy will replace him.

Never rated him or Caulker so happy both are gone. That being said, i do wish both of them luck.

Best attacking right back we have ever had. Defending was poor though probably down to his attrocious positional sense.

and here, the players we've bought over the same period

Lloris
Verthonghen
Paulinho
Chadli
Holtby
Dembele
Dempsey - now gone
Sigurdsson
Adebayor
Fryers

Plus players already on the books / back from loan and added to the squad

Caulker - now gone
Walker
Naughton
Livermore
Kane - now o/l to Norwich City

Who have I forgotten?

in a world cup year would Dempsey have been happy with that role?

Who is going to replace him in the USA team?

And Dempsey would still get plenty of games imo, against a much higher level of opposition that he is going to get in the MLS.

Disappointed with both this and Caulker tbh, both more than adequate squad players.

I think Dempsey must have wanted to go rather than us pushing him. A few times last season, his body reaction showed he was not happy coming on as sub. He probably asked AVB for guarantees about his place next season and we might have said no. He could have been a very usefull player for us. But don't think we can do anything if he wanted to go.

Thanks Deuce, shame we couldn't quite get CL with him, decent player. Will remember his goals v yanited

Back