• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

This kid is unreal, I've been saying out of everyone I think he needs a rest, but today he was fantastic. I still worry about playing him so much in his first season, but if he keeps playing like that it's hard to drop him, though actually he hasn't been quite that good of late... We have a potentially world class player here though... crazy!!

the international break should afford him a little time to recuperate.

Good thing is that we have options in midfield and he can be subbed on / off accordingly.

I don't get the whole burn out thing though ... im sure he wants to play every minute. Poch just needs to see him through this season.

I trust that our manager is the right man for our younger players.

This kid is unreal, I've been saying out of everyone I think he needs a rest, but today he was fantastic. I still worry about playing him so much in his first season, but if he keeps playing like that it's hard to drop him, though actually he hasn't been quite that good of late... We have a potentially world class player here though... crazy!!

He played plenty of games at MK

Burnout isn't a worry for me

He has the tools and the attitude. He played today like yaya mixed with viera (nothing to do with colour)

Is possibly say he plays like zidane actually but he is on a completely different level to other kids his age in this league

Compare him with Ross Barkley and for me Alli show up much more in his games and doesn't have as many poor judgement calls or the greediness of Barkley

He played plenty of games at MK

Burnout isn't a worry for me

He has the tools and the attitude. He played today like yaya mixed with viera (nothing to do with colour)

Is possibly say he plays like zidane actually but he is on a completely different level to other kids his age in this league

Compare him with Ross Barkley and for me Alli show up much more in his games and doesn't have as many poor judgement calls or the greediness of Barkley

Barkley is a brick player who does the occasional highlight reel play, Alli is a completely different level player

To be fair Barkley has burst onto the scene, had opponents adjust to him, had the almost mandatory drop in form and now started to recover his form after that. When Alli has been through the same I think a comparison is more fair.

I agree with Bedford that physically he should be fine. According to transfermarkt he played 39 league games and 5 cup games last season. As far as I can see just about all of them were starts and most were 90 minutes. 33 league games the season before that, but a few more of them sub appearances.

Mentally it might be a bit different. The pressure of the PL along with all the attention, England call up etc might become a bit much. But like Gazza says, our manager knows what's what and will make good decisions.

At least, unlike last season, we have viable options for our young players. We really were lucky last season with Bentaleb in particular maintaining a very high level of consistency despite his young age.

Never been a big fan of Barkley and all the hype that has surrounded him, as for Alii he really does seem to be the real deal but there will come a time when it catches up with him and I hope he gets to sit out a few games for his own good.

Its all right some saying he was a regular player for MK but he is at a different level now and the Prem and Europe is a lot different from being a regular in the lower divisions.

Never been a big fan of Barkley and all the hype that has surrounded him, as for Alii he really does seem to be the real deal but there will come a time when it catches up with him and I hope he gets to sit out a few games for his own good.

Its all right some saying he was a regular player for MK but he is at a different level now and the Prem and Europe is a lot different from being a regular in the lower divisions.
Many including myself felt he was due a break for yesterday's game after looking like he was running on empty against Anderlecht. What a way for him and Poch to prove us wrong.

Many including myself felt he was due a break for yesterday's game after looking like he was running on empty against Anderlecht. What a way for him and Poch to prove us wrong.

He just had a poor game by his standards against Anderlecht I guess

The reason i mentions this games at Mk was quantity not quality. He ha step experience of a full season under his bely physically but clearly not a this level.. nd the mental stuff is new but he is relishing it

Alli is one tricky customer with sweet skill on the ball and an uncanny ability to get out of tight spaces. And he reads the game very well. The only area where he has plenty of room for improvement is his decision-making in the final third, which will come with experience. Once he has mastered that we could very well be looking at one of the greatest players to put on a Spurs shirt. And hopefully by that time the team will be so good and competing for titles that it will make him want to stay.

best thing about alli is that he seems focused, grounded and willing to work hard without all of the hoes clubs drunken stuper ... top that off with genuine technique and ability

Alli is one tricky customer with sweet skill on the ball and an uncanny ability to get out of tight spaces. And he reads the game very well. The only area where he has plenty of room for improvement is his decision-making in the final third, which will come with experience. Once he has mastered that we could very well be looking at one of the greatest players to put on a Spurs shirt. And hopefully by that time the team will be so good and competing for titles that it will make him want to stay.
Deli's going to Wembley, his knees have gone all trembley ?

Why I get the impression some posters are waiting for Dele to have a bad game then jump on his back? Dele IMHO proved his skill level. He did appear to tire out and honestly I believe he should be rested vs West Ham.

But that game isn't for a fortnight after the NLD!? And given Lamela's suspension I think DA offers an attacking AND tackling option that'll help if we have to use Son.

Unless he ends up playing 90 mins+ for England of course.

Why I get the impression some posters are waiting for Dele to have a bad game then jump on his back? Dele IMHO proved his skill level. He did appear to tire out and honestly I believe he should be rested vs West Ham.
I don't think there is a single person on here who wants to jump on Dele's back (unless joining in with the old classic piggy back celebration after he has scored)

I don't think there is a single person on here who wants to jump on Dele's back (unless joining in with the old classic piggy back celebration after he has scored)

Agreed. He did have a bit of a poor game against Anderlecht, people wanted to see him potentially rested against Arsenal, but no one jumped on his back. It all seemed like people were just hoping for his development to continue and for him to not have a poor experience in a NLD if his form was starting to drop a bit.

How does our Dele Alli compare with Ruben Loftus-Cheek?
It's interesting that to me Loftus-Cheek has been mentioned a lot more in the last couple of years, but Alli is the one in the senior England squad.
It this a reflection on Alli's skills in comparison or just a reflection of the joke that is Chelski 'youth progression'?

Agreed. He did have a bit of a poor game against Anderlecht, people wanted to see him potentially rested against Arsenal, but no one jumped on his back. It all seemed like people were just hoping for his development to continue and for him to not have a poor experience in a NLD if his form was starting to drop a bit.

UK fans and media constantly fudge up players with over hype and expectations

I think speaking for myself, Alli was poor against Anderlecht and I thought it might be a good idea for Poch to give him a few games off (2-3), get him out the spotlight, have the coaching staff work with him 1:1 and then bring him back.

To expect he will play well (be in form) all season is unrealistic, and unlike Kane, we aren't that dependent on him, so instead of letting him struggle through that patch in the spotlight, we can give him a rest, games off. That is just good management, not jumping on his back.

It's interesting that to me Loftus-Cheek has been mentioned a lot more in the last couple of years, but Alli is the one in the senior England squad.
It this a reflection on Alli's skills in comparison or just a reflection of the joke that is Chelski 'youth progression'?

Allie is getting match time (full 90 mins), performing and earning his spot in a side that is playing well. My opinion is he is well ahead of Loftus-Cheek at this point.

Haven't actually seen Loftus-Cheek. But how young players are rated and how much they get mentioned only correlates somewhat to their actual ability and talent. A big transfer fee, playing for a big club, couple of good performances at a youth international tournament or higher profile youth cup game, getting on the bench or a sub appearance for the first team in a cup game and so on really seems to be the main drivers behind media coverage.

I think speaking for myself, Alli was poor against Anderlecht and I thought it might be a good idea for Poch to give him a few games off (2-3), get him out the spotlight, have the coaching staff work with him 1:1 and then bring him back.

To expect he will play well (be in form) all season is unrealistic, and unlike Kane, we aren't that dependent on him, so instead of letting him struggle through that patch in the spotlight, we can give him a rest, games off. That is just good management, not jumping on his back.

Agreed. Though he showed against Arsenal that taking him out of the spotlight wasn't necessary at this point at least.

I agree that he should probably be managed a bit carefully. But Pochettino places a lot of trust in these youngsters, and seems to trust them to bounce back from a drop in form while playing quite often.

Without a doubt they do and its not always the best thing for the players themselves, the vast majority of young players will eventually suffer a reaction and their form will drop. Then what happens is the media and some of the fans start slagging them off and again this can be negative for the players.

Back