• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Could be that he needs a couple of weeks out of the spotlight. Today he could just not get it right, even if he tried ever so much. But it will always happen to a 19 year old boy from time to time.
I'm not worried, it was just a bad day at the office - and it looked like he felt it too during the game.

Could not agree more, its great to have so many young kids in the squad but from time to time you have to take them out of the firing line. There were a few brain dead macarons slagging him off at the game last night and that kind of macaronic calling can effect a young player ( not saying it will to Alli) but it looks like he needs resting and we have players who are returning from injury who can give him a break.

On the shortlist for the Golden Boy award.

The full shortlist:

Premier League: Nathan Ake (Watford; on loan from Chelsea), Dele Alli (Tottenham), Héctor Bellerín (Arsenal), Jordon Ibe (Liverpool), Kelechi Iheanacho (Emirates Marketing Project), Ruben Loftus-Cheek (Chelsea), Anthony Martial (Manchester United), Divock Origi (Liverpool), Luke Shaw (Manchester United), Adama Traoré (Aston Villa).

La Liga: Marco Asensio (Espanyol), Zakaria Bakkali (Valencia), Ángel Correa (Atlético Madrid), Danilo Barbosa (Valencia), Munir El Haddadi (Barcelona), Alen Halilovic (Barcelona), Sandro Ramírez (Barcelona),

Bundesliga: Kingsley Coman (Bayern Munich), Dahoud Mahmoud (Borussia M’gladbach), Francisco Rodríguez (Wolsfburg), Pierre-Emile Hojberg (Schalke), Adnan Januzaj (Borussia Dortmund; on loan from Manchester United), Max Meyer (Schalke),

Serie A: Ricardo Kishna (Lazio), Sergej Milinkovic-Savic (Lazio), Alessio Romagnoli (Milan)

Ligue 1: Mario Pasalic (Monaco; on loan from Chelsea), Adrien Rabiot (PSG), Adama Traoré (Monaco)

Turkish Super Lig: Jason Denayer (Galatasaray; on loan from Emirates Marketing Project)

Dutch Eredivise: Anwar El Ghazi (Ajax Amsterdam), Gaston Pereiro (PSV), Tonny Vilhena (Feyenoord)

Portuguese Primeira Liga: Goncalo Guedes (Benfica), Ruben Neves (Porto)

Kazakhstan Premier League: Nemanja Maksimovic (Astana)

Croatian Prva Liga: Marko Pajca (Dinamo Zagreb)

Belgian Jupiler Pro league: Moses Simon (KAA Gent), Youri Tielemans (Anderlecht)

Serbian SuperLiga: Andrija Zivkovic (Partizan Belgrade)

Seriously - please be smart with him Poch; the kid isn't just talented but has big big balls to match.

No coincidence I reckon that being paired again with Dier made us play better.

Yaya Toure is the one he reminds me of. Hope he can become that kind of player
Me too.

Wins everything in the air, always first to the second ball, reads the game and intercepts very well, knows when to go forward, good at getting a goal here and there.

If he doesn't turn out to have peaked early, he has a very bright future.

for today? I like Dele, but no way he was MOTM today .. had moments, had the effort, but like last game, a bit did not come off for him.
For me he was a lot better today than Thursday. He had some fun with Cazorla and the others in the last half hour of the first half. Maybe not MoM, but a much improved display from 3 days ago IMO.

It was his composure in tight spaces. A few times I thought he'd lose the ball but he played it smartly.

Can't remember the last time we had such a self-confident and positively arrogant player (with ability!). If we are to use Tottenham terminology then I'd have to call him Mr 'Nice' roostersure!

For those who think I'm making up a word haha http://www.thefreedictionary.com/roostersure

Me too.

Wins everything in the air, always first to the second ball, reads the game and intercepts very well, knows when to go forward, good at getting a goal here and there.

If he doesn't turn out to have peaked early, he has a very bright future.

He actually reminds me more of Steven Gerrard. Can go box to box, gets goals, similar sort of athletic build and height, hits the ball sweetly....

He will be even better next season, which is great. He still has moments when he thinks he has more time on the ball around the edge of the box, but that's just his instincts after having years of having that time.

I thought he looked shaky for the first 10-15 and didn't start looking the part until after he and Dembele swapped positions.

He will be even better next season, which is great. He still has moments when he thinks he has more time on the ball around the edge of the box, but that's just his instincts after having years of having that time.

I thought he looked shaky for the first 10-15 and didn't start looking the part until after he and Dembele swapped positions.

That's how I saw it too. We were looking very open in the first minutes (although so were they). Swapping Dembele and Alli made us more solid and let Alli roam and cause problems for them. Good move by Poch and shows that we have a lot of flexibility in our team (and system).

That's how I saw it too. We were looking very open in the first minutes (although so were they). Swapping Dembele and Alli made us more solid and let Alli roam and cause problems for them. Good move by Poch and shows that we have a lot of flexibility in our team (and system).

We do. And it's nice to be thinking forward to the Jan window and us not needing an overhaul. A CF/winger with some pace is my main ask

Back