• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/dele-alli-blasted-filming-racist-21458849

Might cop a ban for this. If he does, and even if he doesn't - what a goddamn stupid thing to do.

You're a person in the public eye, Dele. fudging act like it.

This is incredible. In the spur of the moment we all do stupid things but what a total bloody bafoon to then go and upload that so the world can see it.

Its this kind of jokey lazy behaviour that is behind his regular poor performances imo.

Should he even be going on holiday? Wouldnt his time be better spent at the training ground trying to work out why he has gone backwards in recent seasons, been dropped from the england squad and why the dele of the first two seasons appeared for about 4 games after mourinho came in and then swiftly departed again.

I would urge him to get serious, ditch the nightclubs and the fancy dan brick and model himself on the likes of james milner and harry kane because if you dont you will not reach your potential.

My 'generation' as you call them are full different people with varying ideas standpoint as is your generation I dare say.
This difference is between you and me nothing to do with generation or age it how we differ in our views. I don't see racism and discrimination as being behind so many events that the media purport it to be. I have found it advisable to take a moment before rushing to judgment and leaping on these popular media bandwagons.

Huh? Do you even know what racism means?

racism

/ˈreɪsɪz(ə)m/
noun
prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race.
or
the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

I don't need the media to tell me that posting a derogatory video, making a sweeping negative generalisation against an Asian looking person is racist.

Your flippant dismissal of the incident is alarming to say the least.

This is incredible. In the spur of the moment we all do stupid things but what a total bloody bafoon to then go and upload that so the world can see it.

Its this kind of jokey lazy behaviour that is behind his regular poor performances imo.

Should he even be going on holiday? Wouldnt his time be better spent at the training ground trying to work out why he has gone backwards in recent seasons, been dropped from the england squad and why the dele of the first two seasons appeared for about 4 games after mourinho came in and then swiftly departed again.

I would urge him to get serious, ditch the nightclubs and the fancy dan brick and model himself on the likes of james milner and harry kane because if you dont you will not reach your potential.
Dele didn’t upload it
A so called mate if his did
That’s a weakness in his social circle
But his actions initially were naive, foolish and offensive
His apology is helpful but again some will argue it’s too little in the grand scheme of things
If someone is offended, then the comments are offensive

Alli's thought process: "LOL he's Asian. LOL he must be Chinese. LOL he must have Corona Virus."

@StephenH If you can't see these generalisations as troublesome, I have to assume you're being willfully obtuse at this point.

Dele didn’t upload it
A so called mate if his did
That’s a weakness in his social circle
But his actions initially were naive, foolish and offensive
His apology is helpful but again some will argue it’s too little in the grand scheme of things
If someone is offended, then the comments are offensive

But he did upload it, he uploaded it to Snapchat. As soon as you make something available online you must assume everyone will one day see it.

Naive is being very kind.

Alli's thought process: "LOL he's Asian. LOL he must be Chinese. LOL he must have Corona Virus."

We will never actually know what he was thinking. Not much probably. Footballer drinks too much and acts daft on the internet.

Dele was stupid.

I'm so tired of people who feed off their own self-righteous indignation then work themselves into a lather on the internet.

Last edited:
My 'generation' as you call them are full different people with varying ideas standpoint as is your generation I dare say.
This difference is between you and me nothing to do with generation or age it how we differ in our views. I don't see racism and discrimination as being behind so many events that the media purport it to be. I have found it advisable to take a moment before rushing to judgment and leaping on these popular media bandwagons.

My thoughts as well, the world has gone mad it seems to me that some folks can see racism even in the smallest things. Its almost as they are say " i have a right to be offended and i will make sure everyman man and his dog will get told".

My thoughts as well, the world has gone mad it seems to me that some folks can see racism even in the smallest things. Its almost as they are say " i have a right to be offended and i will make sure everyman man and his dog will get told".

I'm very lucky as my overactive lazy gene kicks in after a second or two.

Do you think lazy generalisations like Dele's (not specifically Dele btw, I mean the thought process) have helped to contribute to the sharp rise in anti-Asian racism in the UK and across the west (and indeed in many places in the East) since this whole thing started?

Do you think lazy generalisations like Dele's (not specifically Dele btw, I mean the thought process) have helped to contribute to the sharp rise in anti-Asian racism in the UK and across the west (and indeed in many places in the East) since this whole thing started?

To be honest mate i have lived in several countries and seen racism of some sorts in all of them, some of it was really shocking. However because of all the idiots on T w a t t e r/ Facebook and all the other social networks it is talked about far more often then it used to be.

Now ( imo) that is both a good thing and a bad thing at times and we now live in a world where everyman and his dog feels they have a right to be offended at everything. The problem with that is there is so much on the above mediums that its hiding the real problems ( and like i say they have been there a very long time and sadly always will).

Was Alli daft? of course he was but he is a kid and probably shocked at the overreaction of many. To be honest i really do believe that we live in a world where some see racism around every corner which is sad to say the least.

To be honest mate i have lived in several countries and seen racism of some sorts in all of them, some of it was really shocking. However because of all the idiots on T w a t t e r/ Facebook and all the other social networks it is talked about far more often then it used to be.

Now ( imo) that is both a good thing and a bad thing at times and we now live in a world where everyman and his dog feels they have a right to be offended at everything. The problem with that is there is so much on the above mediums that its hiding the real problems ( and like i say they have been there a very long time and sadly always will).

Was Alli daft? of course he was but he is a kid and probably shocked at the overreaction of many. To be honest i really do believe that we live in a world where some see racism around every corner which is sad to say the least.

Something is either racist or it isn't, there is no in between here. Saying as much is just a cop out to allow for it in certain circumstances.

But he did upload it, he uploaded it to Snapchat. As soon as you make something available online you must assume everyone will one day see it.

Naive is being very kind.
Snapchat videos are designed to self delete after being viewed
So a so called mate of his had it and has done something to save it

that’s the naive bit

Alli is not a kid. Perhaps English culture but no way is Bamidele Alli from Nigeria a kid! He knew exactly what he was doing!

@nayenezgani in typifying @StephenH 's views as 'symptomatic of his generation' are you not guilty of doing essentially the same thing as Dele, ie of stereotyping?

As an old codger who started going to WHL in 1953 I nevertheless like to think my views are relatively enlightened, but certainly no less so than many I meet who are very much younger.

Unfortunate, stupid, childish and doubtless brewed up in the "group" circle so-to-speak. That isn't an excuse more than a circumstance. I think his apology shows that. But I agree with Bedford, he does need to distance himself from idiots, something I thought was happening TBH. If he does cop a fine and a ban, take it on the chin and move on gracefully. As for the whole coronavirus stereotyping of Asians, I think it is poor form like any decent person would.

Back