• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Got robbed of an expensive watch the other day, I wonder if that will effect his general demeanor at all. [emoji848]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dele_Alli
Alli was born in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire,[96] to a Yoruba Nigerian father Kehinde[97] and English mother Denise. Kehinde moved to the United States a week after Alli's birth.[98] Alli was initially brought up by his mother, who suffered from alcohol problems.[98] At the age of nine, he moved to Nigeria with his father, where he spent two years in an international school before returning to Milton Keynes to live with his mother.[99] Alli went to Stantonbury Campus[88] and The Radcliffe School in Wolverton.[100]

Seems like people are talking at cross purposes here between strict nationality and cultural ancestry. [emoji102]

It’s not
Nigerian nationality law allows dual nationality of people of Nigerian descent either through birth or parentage. They are also allowed to hold public office in Nigeria.

This may be different in England. I honestly am not aware of English law on this but in Nigeria it is clear. Dele is English and Nigerian. We will not deny him in future if he needs us.

Nigerian nationality law allows dual nationality of people of Nigerian descent either through birth or parentage. They are also allowed to hold public office in Nigeria.

This may be different in England. I honestly am not aware of English law on this but in Nigeria it is clear. Dele is English and Nigerian. We will not deny him in future if he needs us.

ok....

With a share of a huge fortune from a relative he never knew he had?

FFS stop claiming and giving him a nationality he has no interest in.
Weirdo Nigerians booed him when he was playing against Nigeria at Wembley.

Will I pop over to the Kane thread and start posting that he is English and Irish. And how much money his da has?

Dele is English because he considers himself to be English. That is it.

Irish law enables me to obtain an Irish passport and become Irish. However that doesn't mean that I am Irish. I believe that I get the whole say in the matter here and not Ireland. Just as it is up to Dele to determine his nationality, not Nigeria and not you.

Dele is English because he considers himself to be English. That is it.

Irish law enables me to obtain an Irish passport and become Irish. However that doesn't mean that I am Irish. I believe that I get the whole say in the matter here and not Ireland. Just as it is up to Dele to determine his nationality, not Nigeria and not you.
We don't know that he doesn't feel English and Nigerian (this is very possible and very common among people of mixed heritage), we just know that he chose to represent England internationally.

The country you play for is a binary decision, that is neccesarly the case in your personal understanding of who you are.

We don't know that he doesn't feel English and Nigerian (this is very possible and very common among people of mixed heritage), we just know that he chose to represent England internationally.

The country you play for is a binary decision, that is neccesarly the case in your personal understanding of who you are.
Fair enough. Seeing as our only evidence right now is that Dele has chosen to play for England and not Nigeria, shall we agree to refer to him as being English until Dele himself makes a statement that suggests otherwise?

Fair enough. Seeing as our only evidence right now is that Dele has chosen to play for England and not Nigeria, shall we agree to refer to him as being English until Dele himself makes a statement that suggests otherwise?
That's fair.

He's English, he was born here, has English heritage and chose to play for England he almost definitely feels English.

I personally would describe him as English with English and Nigerian heritage.

Back