• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

I'm a huge fan of Dele but he's frustratingly inconsistent. He goes from 9/10 one week to 3/10 the next, best player on the pitch to the worst.

If only Jose knew which would turn up he would know whether to pick or drop him.

He needs a few 6 or 7/10 games to build momentum...and to get critics off his back.
I see it quite differently. Perhaps in his first season I would agree with you, but I think he's made significant steps since then.

What we get almost every game in my opinion is a lot of hard and smart work defensively. Further he's always trying to make things happen, making runs, wanting the ball, trying creative stuff.

I think it's in the nature of a player like him that the stuff he tries won't always work out. He's trying flicks, passes, skill moves that are inherently high risk and high reward. When it works it looks sublime and carves teams open, when it doesn't work or may look wasteful and be annoying as the easy option is often available.

He's not a traditional playmaker or #10. He doesn't have the ball striking technique of players like De Bruyne or Eriksen to score from range or deliver crosses. Similarly to the vast majority of players in that position though how he's seen in any given match depends on the outcome in a relatively small number of key situations. And with that comes variance.

If he's capable of delivering that end product with even more consistency that would be great for him and us, I'm sure he's trying. But that's an almost impossible task. In perfectly happy to see him try and not always succeed, because he's always a threat, occupies defenders and creates space every game and his end product is already very good.

I see it quite differently. Perhaps in his first season I would agree with you, but I think he's made significant steps since then.

What we get almost every game in my opinion is a lot of hard and smart work defensively. Further he's always trying to make things happen, making runs, wanting the ball, trying creative stuff.

I think it's in the nature of a player like him that the stuff he tries won't always work out. He's trying flicks, passes, skill moves that are inherently high risk and high reward. When it works it looks sublime and carves teams open, when it doesn't work or may look wasteful and be annoying as the easy option is often available.

He's not a traditional playmaker or #10. He doesn't have the ball striking technique of players like De Bruyne or Eriksen to score from range or deliver crosses. Similarly to the vast majority of players in that position though how he's seen in any given match depends on the outcome in a relatively small number of key situations. And with that comes variance.

If he's capable of delivering that end product with even more consistency that would be great for him and us, I'm sure he's trying. But that's an almost impossible task. In perfectly happy to see him try and not always succeed, because he's always a threat, occupies defenders and creates space every game and his end product is already very good.
I don't think we do see it differently actually.
You've just very nicely explained the reasons for the variances in his performances.

I don't think we do see it differently actually.
You've just very nicely explained the reasons for the variances in his performances.
The thing is I don't see his supposed bad performances as 3/10. Because of all the good stuff he does I see them as six or seven out of ten. Then when the magic happens like against Southampton, boom.

Do you guys remember how Lineker would goal hang and keep trying runs to the near post time and time again, darting around and contributing very little until he scored... so "all he would do" is score in most games.
Dele is a bit similar in terms of output because he can appear very frustrating, things aren't coming off, but if he scores or assists in almost every game, that is his primary purpose.
A bit like Son, he can drive me mad, but if you look back over a period and he has scored or assisted in nearly every game, that is fair enough. There are many attackers that don't do that.

The worst thing about this is that while searching Twitter I discovered a video of Dele from a couple years ago either getting a bj or tinkling in a girls mouth [somehow I had missed it at the time]. I now need to bleach my eyes.

Racist? Bad taste and poor judgement for sure, but I can't see how that is racist. Dele apologised - that should be the end of this.

Racist? Bad taste and poor judgement for sure, but I can't see how that is racist. Dele apologised - that should be the end of this.

How do you know the man he's taunting in the video is Chinese? Dele's assuming that as he is of Asian appearance, he's Chinese and therefore must have Corona Virus. I'd say that's pretty racist.

How do you know the man he's taunting in the video is Chinese? Dele's assuming that as he is of Asian appearance, he's Chinese and therefore must have Corona Virus. I'd say that's pretty racist.

Seriously? You are being played to by the media. Its nothing basically and daft at worse.

So you're okay with someone being denigrated because they're of Asian appearance?

Stop it. That's childish rubbish - I doubt it ever entered his head. This says more about you than anything Alli did.
He was not in any shape or form denigrating anybody's appearance Asian or otherwise. He was saying he's faster than a virus.
Stop being spoonfed by the media.

Stop it. That's childish rubbish - I doubt it ever entered his head. This says more about you than anything Alli did.
He was not in any shape or form denigrating anybody's appearance Asian or otherwise. He was saying he's faster than a virus.
Stop being spoonfed by the media.

Stop what? He pointed his camera directly at a person of Asian appearance while wearing a face mask and giggling with his mates. He then placed a caption on the footage saying he could outrun corona virus. What do you suppose that insinuates?

It's clearly exactly what entered his head, don't defend him and try to blame all this on 'the media' .. He put the content out there and has to stand by it. He's apologised which is something but he needs to do much better moving forward.

If it was a black person he was filming during the Ebola outbreak and claimed he could outrun that virus, what would you say to that? Do you think that would be classed as racist?

There are clear racial connotations and biases when it comes to the media coverage of these medical occurrences, but Alli can't blame them in this case.

Stop what? He pointed his camera directly at a person of Asian appearance while wearing a face mask and giggling with his mates. He then placed a caption on the footage saying he could outrun corona virus. What do you suppose that insinuates?

It's clearly exactly what entered his head, don't defend him and try to blame all this on 'the media' .. He put the content out there and has to stand by it. He's apologised which is something but he needs to do much better moving forward.

Sorry, it was not racist it was daft.

If it was a black person he was filming during the Ebola outbreak and claimed he could outrun that virus, what would you say to that? Do you think that would be classed as racist?

There are clear racial connotations and biases when it comes to the media coverage of these medical occurrences, but Alli can't blame them in this case.

I feel this a weird and somewhat bizarre and grotesque example to use as a comparison. I'll leave it there.

Your denial is bizarre and grotesque and symptomatic of your generation.
My 'generation' as you call them are full different people with varying ideas standpoint as is your generation I dare say.
This difference is between you and me nothing to do with generation or age it how we differ in our views. I don't see racism and discrimination as being behind so many events that the media purport it to be. I have found it advisable to take a moment before rushing to judgment and leaping on these popular media bandwagons.

Back