• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

No, they are totally wrong as the footage show. (edit: I use adblock and am not sure if these are NSFW or not)

https://www.footbie.com/video/watford-vs-chelsea-highlights-05-02-2108-4-1

1:17 - 1:21 (same as below)

http://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2018/02/05/watford-vs-chelsea-highlights-full-match-video/

4:14 - 4:17 perfectly shows the incident. Courtois misses the ball and hits the Watford player's left leg with his right arm/elbow/shoulder. Stonewall penalty.

I agree it was a bad foul, mate. It just isn't red.

For it to be red card it must be deemed violent conduct. As we can see from the video it is a professional foul, tripping Sanchez' legs to stop him going forward. Rough and hard challenge, keeping it outside violent conduct. A clear yellow card. If Alli wants to kick at somebody do it this way. Cleverly done.

David Luiz' yellow today was borderline violent conduct as it was certainly no professional foul. Just a kick from behind, hitting high on the calf on the watford player shielding the ball, never ever trying to play the ball. Not dissimilar how Wayne Rooney was sent off against Montenegro.
not cleverly done.

I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one. Deulofeu intentionally dragged his leg against Courtois to ensure contact is made, he's not the only player who does it but to me it's cheating and I do not believe it should be given as a foul. Kane is a master of it too. Put it this way, if Aubameyang does the same thing against us on Saturday and scum win a penalty and it changes the result in their favour I would be royally fudged off.

Contact does not equal a foul, it's a contact sport.

Well they are right about Watford's penalty tonight. It was a dive.

As for Alli's "trip" on Sanchez, come on mate, it was a nasty tackle. Just because it was a Spurs player doesn't mean we have to pretend it wasn't a bad foul

It was a yellow card, which the ref rightly gave him. I see worse offences in most games that receive exactly the same punishment. The De Bruyne one was terrible yes, the one against Gent was even worse, but let's not get our knickers in a twist about the Sanchez one, it was just a standard yellow card foul.

I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one. Deulofeu intentionally dragged his leg against Courtois to ensure contact is made, he's not the only player who does it but to me it's cheating and I do not believe it should be given as a foul. Kane is a master of it too. Put it this way, if Aubameyang does the same thing against us on Saturday and scum win a penalty and it changes the result in their favour I would be royally fudged off.

I disagree. I don't think Deulofeu drags his leg. I think the 'drag' is caused by the impact of the keeper.

It was a yellow card, which the ref rightly gave him. I see worse offences in most games that receive exactly the same punishment. The De Bruyne one was terrible yes, the one against Gent was even worse, but let's not get our knickers in a twist about the Sanchez one, it was just a standard yellow card foul.

That’s my issue. He gets caught and he gets punished appropriately and people still want more!!!

What’s worse, diving or abusing the ref?
I’d argue abusing the ref every day of the week

What’s worse, diving or lying to the ref?
Their both the same you could argue as their both ways to cheat. Players kick a player and then proclaim their innocence to con the ref

I'm not saying it was a definite red card but I've seen refs give reds for those kind of fouls. It was reckless and totally unnecessary.

That’s my issue. He gets caught and he gets punished appropriately and people still want more!!!

What’s worse, diving or abusing the ref?
I’d argue abusing the ref every day of the week

What’s worse, diving or lying to the ref?
Their both the same you could argue as their both ways to cheat. Players kick a player and then proclaim their innocence to con the ref

I'd like him to cut out the diving as I fear we may not get penalties that are deserved like the United one last week. Plus he will keep picking up needless bookings which may/will ultimately lead to suspensions and could miss vital games. Or at the very least, get better at diving as he's not very good at disguising it. He could learn a thing or two from Kane in that regard.

That's the point - it does now, I wish it wasn't the case but that's the way the game is now. You may point to the laws of the game but reffing is more akin to common law, if the rules are always applied in a manner that's what the rules are.

Look at the Everton / Liverpool penalties this year (for both teams) the majority of refs and pundits all agree they are fouls and entitled to go down etc.

EPL referring is too soft and non contact and too many yellow cards. i.e Bakayoko last night.

And yet Can pulled off a wrestling move on one of our players, can’t remember who, on Saturday..in addition to an earlier mistimed tackle, and yet he didn’t get booked. The referee decisions are inconsistent and not matching the offence in far too many cases.

And yet Can pulled off a wrestling move on one of our players, can’t remember who, on Saturday..in addition to an earlier mistimed tackle, and yet he didn’t get booked. The referee decisions are inconsistent and not matching the offence in far too many cases.

Was trying a bell to back duplex on Dembele

Overall EPL refereeing is not fit for purpose. Too many referees are too personally involved in the game. They are JUST there to do job!

EPL referring is too soft and non contact and too many yellow cards. i.e Bakayoko last night.

From what I hear our refs are probably the least strict in the major leagues, what is a fouldhere gets a yellow in Spain & what is not a foul here is a foul in Spain.

Its easy to fix if we wanted to, tell them to ref to the levels we often see in the FA Cup games or the Championship, problem with that is as soon as there is an injury for a heavy tackle we are all up in arms.

I personally would like to "reset" to how football was reffed in the early 90's - so the tackle from behind is out but contact is not automatically a foul... with the money in the game its not going to happen.

I think that overall the PL officials do a very good job. Of course they get a few decisions wrong, but it is impossible not to without the benefit of having a replay of everything. They certainly get more decisions right first time than I do while watching a game live or on TV.

I disagree. I don't think Deulofeu drags his leg. I think the 'drag' is caused by the impact of the keeper.

Disagree. Plenty of strikers drag their leg against an opponent to ensure contact is made and it seems to work more often than not. Vardy is another one who is very adept at doing it.

Disagree. Plenty of strikers drag their leg against an opponent to ensure contact is made and it seems to work more often than not. Vardy is another one who is very adept at doing it.

In fact, it's so prevalent nowadays, I often wonder why keepers don't pull out of those type of challenges more often. Nine times out of ten the attacker would probably end up looking as stupid as Alli did Sunday. They've usually pushed the ball further than any ground they are ever going to make up if they stay on their feet as well.

Back