• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

He has got 5 Yellow cards all season over 32 games.
There really is no problem.
He is not accumulating cards.

Dembele has 5 yellows over 26 games (1000 minutes less playing time than Alli).
Why is no one complaining about him in the Dembele thread?

Is it because of the media obsession with Dele Alli's behaviour?
I can see him being the centre of Raheem Sterling like tabloid vitriol when England fudge up in the summer.
Don't be silly - Dembele gets carded when he's fighting for the ball and having to foul players to stop attacks. Dele gets carded for kicking out and silly dives that are negatively affecting Spurs (because it makes him/us less likely to get genuine fouls/penalties)

He has got 5 Yellow cards all season over 32 games.
There really is no problem.
He is not accumulating cards.

Dembele has 5 yellows over 26 games (1000 minutes less playing time than Alli).
Why is no one complaining about him in the Dembele thread?

Is it because of the media obsession with Dele Alli's behaviour?
I can see him being the centre of Raheem Sterling like tabloid vitriol when England fudge up in the summer.

Because as I detailed a few pages back, ALL of Alli's yellow cards have been totally unnecessary i.e. for dives or for petulant kicks/fouls when the game has been won some of the time. Dembele is a cente midfielder and picks up yellow cards as all centre midfielders do.

Poch needs to understand two things: One, this is England not Argentina and for the most part, fans despise diving. Two, Dele's diving is counter productive to the team, because now refs are denying him clear cut penalties. He needs to be spoken to.

I see many keepers try pull out, but failing because of momentum.

If the keeper gets the ball first, he can take out the attacker afterwards to some degree (if the ball changes direction so that the attacker no longer can get to it). The penalty awarded to United was totally wrong. Gomes got the ball.

When running at high speed the slightest contact will put you off balance. The attacker has every right to go down. Especially when the ref never award the penalty if he stays on his feet.

I disagree that these injuries are part of the game. This is why attackers leave a leg behind. They make sure the feet is off the ground to avoid broken legs, but they still occupy the area which the keeper is about to enter. This looks like the attacker goes down early, and the attacker would look like a fool if the keeper actually manages to pull out.

Of course some injuries will happen, but the players must protect themselves. Jumping off the ground when a defender or the keeper clatters them is one way. I don't want to show videos of what happens if their feet is on the ground. There are horrendous leg breaks. And we have smaller injuries too. Remember Kane's small injury against Millwall? his foot was trapped between the ground and the defender. This is also one reason why the scissor tackles were outlawed. too many injuries.

Think we will have to leave it there. I don't believe attackers have a right to go down if they feel contact.

I do agree that it's wrong if attackers don't get penalties when there is enough contact to qualify as a foul but that's another debate. Refs should be able to distunguish the difference between contact and a clear foul because contact in itself does not always equate to a foul.

Poch needs to understand two things: One, this is England not Argentina and for the most part, fans despise diving. Two, Dele's diving is counter productive to the team, because now refs are denying him clear cut penalties. He needs to be spoken to.

What clear cut penalty has be been denied?

Here he is winning us a pen 6 weeks ago.

Did you not celebrate the goal or where you too outraged?

Dele loves being the pantomime villain.

Dele gets carded for kicking out and silly dives that are negatively affecting Spurs (because it makes him/us less likely to get genuine fouls/penalties)

Thats showbiz!

This was assault
Antonio+Valencia+Dele+Alli+Tottenham+Hotspur+iFvtt_u2pHyl.jpg

Last edited:
What clear cut penalty has be been denied?

Here he is winning us a pen 6 weeks ago.

Did you not celebrate the goal or where you too outraged?

Mid week Yanited. Didn't you watch it? He got kicked from pillar to post against Southampton last week too, for no reward. Refs are leery of him now and it's his own fault. P.S.I don't approve of any player cheating. Spurs should be better than that. We can leave that crap, to the Cheat$kis, Arsenals and other scummy teams.

Mid week Yanited. Didn't you watch it? He got kicked from pillar to post against Southampton last week too, for no reward. Refs are leery of him now and it's his own fault. P.S.I don't approve of any player cheating. Spurs should be better than that. We can leave that crap, to the Cheat$kis, Arsenals and other scummy teams.
I saw something this morning that showed that Dele Ali is the second most fouled player in the league and that is just counting fouls that are given.

I saw something this morning that showed that Dele Ali is the second most fouled player in the league and that is just counting fouls that are given.
That doesn't surprise me as he attempts to draw the player in and skip by them (or nutmeg them), which entices the foul. That's his thing.

I still disagree that Deulofeu dragged his foot. It looked pretty natural to me.... The keeper committed himself, Deulofeu put it past the keeper and the keeper's momentum took him into the player. As the keeper first touched the player it looked like Deulofeu's feet were in quite a natural position.

Usually if the keeper gets the ball ahead of the attacker and then takes player after ball the ref will not award a penalty. Of course that didn't apply at Old Trafford (especially when Ferguson was manager) where anything close to contact somewhere within the vicinity of the penalty area was always awarded in Man Utd's favour. The key to the decision from the referee is usually whether contact with the player is made before or after the ball has been won. If the latter then generally no pen if the former then generally a penalty is awarded, neither Karius or Courtois made any contact with the ball on Sunday/Monday and therefore both decisions were easy penalties to award (and the right decision was made in both cases).
Do you remember that ridiculous one away in Seville when Robbo made the cleanest tackle with his hands and the ref gave a pen?

Do you remember that ridiculous one away in Seville when Robbo made the cleanest tackle with his hands and the ref gave a pen?
That was the final nail in the wafer cup coffin for me.

It was always a bit of a joke, but if they can't even be bothered to employ proper referees then what's the point? I know there are some poor PL refs, but that one made Rob Styles look competent.

That was the final nail in the wafer cup coffin for me.

It was always a bit of a joke, but if they can't even be bothered to employ proper referees then what's the point? I know there are some poor PL refs, but that one made Rob Styles look competent.
Forgot how 'special' the refereeing was

11.5 years ago..........jeez

I have watched the Alli incident two dozen times, and no amount of bleating, ex-pro opinions or tinted spex comments will convince me that he does not genuinely lose his footing. It is not remotely disguised and he continues to try and play the ball. If he keeps his footing he has a great chance to score. I think it is gonad*s. I think his rep precedes him. FWIW I never just “go” with “the common view” I go with my view. And if they clash then great!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I have watched the Alli incident two dozen times, and no amount of bleating, ex-pro opinions or tinted spex comments will convince me that he does not genuinely lose his footing. It is not remotely disguised and he continues to try and play the ball. If he keeps his footing he has a great chance to score. I think it is gonads. I think his rep precedes him. FWIW I never just “go” with “the common view” I go with my view. And if they clash then great!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I don't think was a penalty or a foul or a yellow card.

I have watched the Alli incident two dozen times, and no amount of bleating, ex-pro opinions or tinted spex comments will convince me that he does not genuinely lose his footing. It is not remotely disguised and he continues to try and play the ball. If he keeps his footing he has a great chance to score
Utter tripe.

You watched Alli dive 24 times and concluded he genuinely lost his footing?!

I don't really understand how you can be so biased and one-eyed to think that. So strange. So clear.

https://wittyfutty.com/2018/02/video-dele-alli-gets-yellow-shameful-dive-vs-liverpool/

Utter tripe.

You watched Alli dive 24 times and concluded he genuinely lost his footing?!

I don't really understand how you can be so biased and one-eyed to think that. So strange. So clear.

https://wittyfutty.com/2018/02/video-dele-alli-gets-yellow-shameful-dive-vs-liverpool/

So if it was a dive, why no appeal? why continue to attempt to play the ball?

Lets be clear, I've seen Dele dive, its part of his game, that one? looks like he lost his footing, continued to play the ball from the floor (I've never seen anyone dive and do that), no appeal.

Lets not fall for the narrative ..

Back