• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

He has been poor.
Consider this, Dele is passing/assisting the goal machine that is harry kane, kdb to sterling, sterling is as liable to trip over his own feet as he is to score.
Having said that I have faith Dele will be back to his sooner rather than later.

KDB is passing it to many more than just Sterling in a team riding high though

Just saw the highlights, it’s killing me that he’s refusing to celebrate his goals. It’s so evident compared to his previous celebrations.

Maybe he is frustrated with his form this season
Maybe, but wouldn’t that make him seem... happier that he’s scored? It’s just so frustrating to see a footballer scoring and then not celebrating it. It’s obviously a statement of some kind. Just wonder what

Maybe its a statement that he feels he should be doing better so isnt getting carried away.

I only had MOTD to go on, but he looked back to his best form from that. Just as I think, slowly, he has been getting up through the levels recently.

Maybe he is just relieved to be back there again after such a tough period?

Maybe, but wouldn’t that make him seem... happier that he’s scored? It’s just so frustrating to see a footballer scoring and then not celebrating it. It’s obviously a statement of some kind. Just wonder what

I don't really care about goal celebrations. I've always thought that the players who calmly walk back are pretty cool.

So we're all agreed Dele is having a poor season overall right? Only the other day I had an argument with another poster (who shall be nameless) who insisted he was having a terrible season. So it may come as a surprise to one and all to learn that only the brilliantly in-form Kevin De Bruyne has more assists than him in all competitions excluding internationals so far this season.

Total Assists to date (all competitions) 2017/18

11 - De Bruyne
9 - Dele
8 - Firmino
8 - Sane
8 - Silva
7 - Coutinho
7 - Rashford
6 - Azpilacueta
6 - Eriksen
6 - Martial
6 - Ramsey

Edited to restore Eriksen to list, who got lost between typing and posting.
Erm, are you referring to me? I said he had been poor for a lot of the season, and he has - he has been well below par for a player of his standards, or at least the standards he has set. He's had some standout games of course, but in general he has been poor often and both Spurs fans, other fans and pundits have all said so, its no great secret or sweeping statement. Showing that he is second in assists doesnt change that- he got an assist for Kanes' third goal against Burnley for a very simple three yard pass which then Kane's great touch created the goal. It doesn't prove he's been in great form at all - he scored a bucket load last season and has massively tailed off in that area so far this season. However, the past couple of games he's looked like he's getting back into his groove which is great news.

But your assists table doesnt change the fact he's been below par for large parts of this season Im afraid....

He's not happy at the moment and it could be for any number of reason's. He's not been scoring as many as he's used to, which is what a lot of people judge him on and I'd bet he does too. We could've had 2-3 more yesterday, but Dele was trying to get his own goal tally up. A happy Dele may (not promising here) have played someone else in, but he's trying hard to get his mojo back.

He's had it rough from all corners atm. He is the player that opposition fans love to hate, he's got pundits lamenting his form and some of our own fans turning on him. Maybe he needs to feel the love a bit more to go back to the happy, hand waving footballer of last season.

I get everyone is entitled to their opinion but just because a 21 year old player is going through a bad patch I have been shocked by the number of posters who have slagged him of this season. Some claim his head been turned, some that he has been believing the hype surroinding him while others have said we should just sell him.

Common sense dictates that as a young player his form will on occasion dip. To write some one off so soon is foolhardy

So we're all agreed Dele is having a poor season overall right? Only the other day I had an argument with another poster (who shall be nameless) who insisted he was having a terrible season. So it may come as a surprise to one and all to learn that only the brilliantly in-form Kevin De Bruyne has more assists than him in all competitions excluding internationals so far this season.

Total Assists to date (all competitions) 2017/18

11 - De Bruyne
9 - Dele
8 - Firmino
8 - Sane
8 - Silva
7 - Coutinho
7 - Rashford
6 - Azpilacueta
6 - Eriksen
6 - Martial
6 - Ramsey

Edited to restore Eriksen to list, who got lost between typing and posting.

Thank you for posting that, he has not been poor this season ( imo) and i have said so on here, what is happening is that he is a kid who is still learning the game and opposing players have sorted out his tricks and are aware of them ( it happens to all young players). What he is having to do is learn how to improve his game and that only comes with maturity, it baffles me that there are some fans who were creaming about him 12 months back and are now suggesting he is not all that. Madness.

I don't really care about goal celebrations. I've always thought that the players who calmly walk back are pretty cool.

This for me as well, the great Greaves was one of those who did just that and it was not very often Berby used to make a meal of the celebrations.

Just saw the highlights, it’s killing me that he’s refusing to celebrate his goals. It’s so evident compared to his previous celebrations.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/dele-eriksen-kane-sanchez-on-southampton-boxing-day-271217/

Dele Alli
On the performance...
"It was a really strong performance all over the pitch - we're disappointed to concede the goals but it was a fantastic display and every player did well. It's enjoyable when you play like that, getting on the ball, creating space for each other and everyone playing the passes. It was a really enjoyable game for us. It was important that we kept getting the goals because at 2-0 you never know what’s going to happen, so it was important we got the third and the fourth and it was a great performance."

On our current form...
"We’re in good form at the moment. We don’t want to look into it too much though, we’ve just got to keep playing as we are, keep putting in performances, keep working hard for each other and that's all we can do. We’re enjoying playing together and hopefully the fans are enjoying it as well."

On his goal...
"I was happy with the finish, an accurate finish into the bottom corner. I’m not looking too much into my goals and trying to get as many goals as I can because that’s not the sort of player I am. It’s a bonus to get on the scoresheet but I just want to help the team as much as I can."

Dele has been back to his old self the last couple of matches. Excellent on the ball, lively, unpredictable, quick, gets past his man, picks the right pass, excellent finish for the goal. Great performance yesterday. Long may it continue. :)

Dele has been back to his old self the last couple of matches. Excellent on the ball, lively, unpredictable, quick, gets past his man, picks the right pass, excellent finish for the goal. Great performance yesterday. Long may it continue. :)

Yep, he’s been at it and we’ve been almost back to normal.

Thought he worked tirelessly last night, ran his socks off on what was must have been a very draining and difficult surface to play on. Some of his one touch play was lovely, he linked the deeper midfield to the attack well (looked as though Eriksen was tasked with staying deeper to collect the ball, obvs a trustier first touch in the conditions).

He thoroughly deserved his goal. Looked shattered by the end of the game, just hope he's not wiped out for tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back