• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Personally I don't think he's world class yet and he's overrated by a lot of English pundits. However, he's only 20.

I do believe that he has to ability to become one of the best but talk of him being better than Bale (right now) is crazy. Bale was the best player I've seen in a Spurs shirt in his last two years with us. He was winning games on his own.

I think how good he is gets played down because he is english

In his two seasons in the prem he has been better than Eden Hazard who people talk about as being world class

He has also been better than Coutinho who again is talked about as being a top tier player

And you won't get a Spurs player under Poch winning games in his own anymore as it's all about the team now. We're very much about the sum of the parts rather than individuals

@Crab.C.Nesbitt @parklane1 - winning the FA Cup would be really nice but i doubt that it would make much difference to our long term chances of holding on to Alli.

If we want to hold onto our very best players we need to be challenging for the league and Champions League and paying the same kind of salaries of the other clubs in contention for them.

@Crab.C.Nesbitt @parklane1 - winning the FA Cup would be really nice but i doubt that it would make much difference to our long term chances of holding on to Alli.

If we want to hold onto our very best players we need to be challenging for the league and Champions League and paying the same kind of salaries of the other clubs in contention for them.

We will pay better wages with the. Ew stadium and we have never been scared in rewarding performance

We could see our wage bill jump by £40m and see very little material difference to the financial impact as it's money coming via the stadium after debt is paid

That increase means extra for the first 11 to keep them happy - an extra £50-£90k a week

The whole 'world class' debate obviously hinges on your definition of 'world class'. What is not in doubt is that Dele is already a hugely influential and extraordinarily gifted and mature player. And for now he is ours (and he only cost five mill...).

this. hes clearly one of the best in the world in the role of goal scoring midfielder. hes as good as the likes of marco reus from a few years back.

i dont think he'll improve much from here on in tho. there just isnt the capacity to do so. improvements like bale at 21 is super rare. what will cement dele alli's reputation as world class is if he can maintain this level of form over the next few years.

agreed, but unfortunately lingards new contract probably shows why we wont be able to guys like alli

this. hes clearly one of the best in the world in the role of goal scoring midfielder. hes as good as the likes of marco reus from a few years back.

i dont think he'll improve much from here on in tho. there just isnt the capacity to do so. improvements like bale at 21 is super rare. what will cement dele alli's reputation as world class is if he can maintain this level of form over the next few years.

I don't know.

He does seem to have an innate sense of timing; a real football brain, which I'd imagine is a very hard thing to teach.

But I think what will come with time is some improvement on - incredibly - his finishing. He's left a few goals out there this season, and this is in no way a criticism, but I think there's an area there to work on.

I guess the other thing that you'd hope to improve with intelligent players is decision making. Not that I think his is below par at all, but with experience I guess he'll know even more when to pass rather than shoot, for example.

For a 20 year old by any measure, his goal scoring and assist stats are incredible. There would be strikers in their prime envious of his output this season.

He was great last season but he's upped his game to an incredible level this season. I actually thought his overall play aside from his goals wasn't great and needed improvement, but his range of passing and his football brain as others have alluded to have gone up a notch this season.

He misses chances but I suppose he's bound to miss some simply due to the amount of times he gets into goalscoring positions.

The more we win the better chance we have of keeping our best players, as for paying the same salaries as the finacially doped clubs that is not going to happen CL or no CL.

The more we win the better chance we have of keeping our best players, as for paying the same salaries as the finacially doped clubs that is not going to happen CL or no CL.

Maybe not but we will pay players significantly more than we do now.

I agree with Crab, winning cups are great but we need to be challenging for titles and going deep into the CL for us to keep players like Alli.

Maybe not but we will pay players significantly more than we do now.

I agree with Crab, winning cups are great but we need to be challenging for titles and going deep into the CL for us to keep players like Alli.

I do not dispute that, however if all we do is like the Arse qualifying but never winning anything they will go elsewhere. Players want medals and if we they can not do it here they will go where they can. Carrick, Berby, Modric, Bale.

I do not dispute that, however if all we do is like the Arse qualifying but never winning anything they will go elsewhere. Players want medals and if we they can not do it here they will go where they can. Carrick, Berby, Modric, Bale.

Those players went to clubs who would challenge for titles mainly and to go far in the CL, not just cup competitions.

They went to win things period.

I disagree. Players like Carrick, Bale and Modric wouldn't have settled just for winning cups IMO. If you're that good, you should have ambition to want to win the league in the country you play in, for example, I'd be very surprised if Alexis Sanchez stayed at Arsenal next season, even if they win the FA cup. Someone as good as him should be playing for a team capable of winning the league, not challenging until December and falling out of contention by February.

I have been watching this wonderful club for over forty two conscious years (being small doesn't count IMO) and in that time I have been lucky enough to see many great players. After Glenn the pickings for his level of talent were slim to none. Berba was fantastic but his insouicance was always going to stop him being Cryuff-like, Gazza was extraordinary but sadly untrustworthy, and Ginola a beautiful player to watch but again, icing not a complete meal.

Alli has, to my eye anyway, not only always had that extra dash of special, he's shown a guile and aptitude which makes the most of his incredible skill and ability.

I would implore all supporters to trust their knowledge and trust their eyes; the boy is world class. He has it all. He has had since he first joined us...

Unbelievable strike yesterday!
Can you imagine the number of goals he'd have if he scored even half the sitters he often misses?:eek:

That sending off vs Gent has turned him into a goal/assist machine!! Keep it up Dele, we'll be needing it EVEN MORE soon!

Young Player of Year Award. In the bag.

Means back to back wins for Dele Alli. Not something that's been achieved very often.

Giggs, Fowler and Rooney are the only ones. Since you have to be aged 23 or under at the start of the season, Dele can potentially win it four consecutive years. That would be pretty outrageous.

With him likely to win it again, that's five of the last six young player awards going to Spurs players. Before that, we only had one in the entire history of the award: Glenn Hoddle.

I disagree. Players like Carrick, Bale and Modric wouldn't have settled just for winning cups IMO. If you're that good, you should have ambition to want to win the league in the country you play in, for example, I'd be very surprised if Alexis Sanchez stayed at Arsenal next season, even if they win the FA cup. Someone as good as him should be playing for a team capable of winning the league, not challenging until December and falling out of contention by February.

Nowhere have i said i do/did not want to win the CL, as good/top players win trophys it gives them the incentive to win bigger/more. Qualifying for the CL is not going to keep players at the same club, you mentioned Sanchez and there have been others who have left the Arse because of the same reasons.

But i guess we are not going to agree over this, one last question how many CL medals have players at Arsenal won, or City. Do you expect us to win the CL in our first few attempts? Winning things for good players becomes a habit and winning the first trophy is generally the hardest. We should not turn our nose up at any trophy like some fans do, thankfully it seems our players are not as selective as some fans seem to be.

Back