• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Better than Bale imo.

Not yet - but I think he will be. They're very different players, of course, but Dele is performing to a much higher level now than Bale did at the same age. I'm not even sure Bale was over his losing streak when he was as old as Dele is now.

Dele's goal return is absolutely phenomenal for a player his age - a midfielder his age. Even Messi's stats from when he was Dele's age are comparable.

This kid is really something else. Imagine the toss fest had he been playing for Manure or Liverpool.

Not yet - but I think he will be. They're very different players, of course, but Dele is performing to a much higher level now than Bale did at the same age. I'm not even sure Bale was over his losing streak when he was as old as Dele is now.

Dele's goal return is absolutely phenomenal for a player his age - a midfielder his age. Even Messi's stats from when he was Dele's age are comparable.

This kid is really something else. Imagine the toss fest had he been playing for Manure or Liverpool.
Or if his name was Jack Wheelchair.

If he continues to develop he will be such a beast. And despite the odd moment of hot-headedness and potentially leg breaking tackles his football maturity is off the charts. I hope he stays with us for a very long time.

Robbie Savage on 606, he is nowhere near world class as he doesn't score enough goals and doesn't affect big games

29 goals in 88 games for THFC and loads against big teams, Chelsea, City etc etc

What an utter thunderclam Savage is

Think he was discussing his own career.

GettyImages-666113472.jpg

I was just saying to a few patrons at the pub I was in (Dublin) that he should try to shoot more ... the boy delivered!

Robbie Savage on 606, he is nowhere near world class as he doesn't score enough goals and doesn't affect big games

29 goals in 88 games for THFC and loads against big teams, Chelsea, City etc etc

The worst kind of trolling. The turd.

He is just a clown shoe with a big mouth and a very small brain.

He is just a clown shoe with a big mouth and a very small brain.
Being a WUM comes so naturally to him you wonder how no one has yet got round to taking him out. Problem is he is a gift to R5 who exploit his hate-figure reputation to the max in much the same way Talkbrick do with Adrian Durham.

Being a WUM comes so naturally to him you wonder how no one has yet got round to taking him out. Problem is he is a gift to R5 who exploit his hate-figure reputation to the max in much the same way Talkbrick do with Adrian Durham.

Without a doubt you are spot on, i was never a fan of " rent a quote" but one of the things he said which i agreed with is ' only idiots ring in to football chat shows " or words to that effect, so what better then putting idiots in the studio to answer them.

The whole 'world class' debate obviously hinges on your definition of 'world class'. What is not in doubt is that Dele is already a hugely influential and extraordinarily gifted and mature player. And for now he is ours (and he only cost five mill...).

The whole 'world class' debate obviously hinges on your definition of 'world class'. What is not in doubt is that Dele is already a hugely influential and extraordinarily gifted and mature player. And for now he is ours (and he only cost five mill...).

Indeed, its a word that is thrown/used far too much for to many players. As you say he is gifted and still has a lot of time to become even better, our biggest problem is that we have to start winning things if we want to ever keep him and our other talents here for the long run.

Indeed, its a word that is thrown/used far too much for to many players. As you say he is gifted and still has a lot of time to become even better, our biggest problem is that we have to start winning things if we want to ever keep him and our other talents here for the long run.
The FA cup would be a good start!

Personally I don't think he's world class yet and he's overrated by a lot of English pundits. However, he's only 20.

I do believe that he has to ability to become one of the best but talk of him being better than Bale (right now) is crazy. Bale was the best player I've seen in a Spurs shirt in his last two years with us. He was winning games on his own.

Back