• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

I think wages also played a part in a good 2/3 of undesired departures over the past 20 years. We seem a bit more competitive on that front now however with our growing revenue and trimmer squad

Actually I am inclined to disagree. I think if Berbatov, Keane, Modric and Carrick were playing regularly CL football and had won titles we could have kept them. And even if Bale had gone to Madrid we would have kept him at least for an extra year or two

No I agree winning things is important and it breeds hunger but we're going to have to become serious title contenders year in year out if we want to keep players like Alli.

For the record, I would take the FA cup over finishing 2nd, as long as we still finish in the top 4.

Now i do agree with that. :)

Pundits based outside the UK give their views on Dele, I found it an interesting read

http://www.squawka.com/news/how-del...s-around-the-world/932141#JzrswIhDcR2OWqQq.97

"Pogba, Özil, Iniesta, and others would be in the second tier. Dele Alli would be in third tier"

LOL. It's not that I think Alli should be rated higher, but those two? It really is more about reputations than performances at that level.

"I’d rank him above Marcus Rashford, simply because he managed to gain a place in the starting line-up. I’d say he’s up there with Kylian Mbappé. They are both very exciting players, very hyped as well, that has to be said. We’ll see in the not so distant future whether their potential is fulfilled or whether they go down the Danny Welbeck road."

This guy is just asking for trouble.

Pundits based outside the UK give their views on Dele, I found it an interesting read

http://www.squawka.com/news/how-del...s-around-the-world/932141#JzrswIhDcR2OWqQq.97

I found it interesting but as usual their is a local bias... Gaitan being used as an example is interesting because he is 29 and has already been outscored by Alli and hasn't had many games for atletico - is he injured?

From what I've seen of the champions league this season (and clearly one of their pundits hasn't seen much naming Kane as a start with sissoko) Alli didn't set it it alight but how many youngsters have? The lads at Monaco have but that's about it

Not sure it's fair to draw too many conclusions from Alli's relatively indifferent performances in the CL/EL this season. For a raft of reasons the whole team struggled in those games. Like Kane and others he started the season poorly which may have had something to do with our disastrous summer European campaign.

Our unfamiliarity with Wembley where even 80,000 fans struggled to find their voice would also have been a factor. There was also to my mind a question mark about how much the club were committed to the competition compared with its approach to the EPL. It was not until the latter stages, by which time we were well and truly on the back foot, that we began to field stronger XIs.

Since then both he and the whole team have found their rhythm such that it's hard to imagine he'd fare so poorly were we still in it. So best reserve judgement until next season when following a complete summer break he can come back rejuvenated and have another crack at it.

I don't know if anyone here is handy at making GIF's but there's a clip from 79:30 in the Watford game where he danced through 3 challenges before taking a clip off Cleverly and losing the ball. Probably one of the best dribbles I've seen this year, yet no one seemed to notice it because it didn't lead to much.

Not sure it's fair to draw too many conclusions from Alli's relatively indifferent performances in the CL/EL this season. For a raft of reasons the whole team struggled in those games. Like Kane and others he started the season poorly which may have had something to do with our disastrous summer European campaign.

Our unfamiliarity with Wembley where even 80,000 fans struggled to find their voice would also have been a factor. There was also to my mind a question mark about how much the club were committed to the competition compared with its approach to the EPL. It was not until the latter stages, by which time we were well and truly on the back foot, that we began to field stronger XIs.

Since then both he and the whole team have found their rhythm such that it's hard to imagine he'd fare so poorly were we still in it. So best reserve judgement until next season when following a complete summer break he can come back rejuvenated and have another crack at it.

Id just revert to how poor city were in with some top drawer players

It's a very different competition to what were used too and the level isn't necessarily that much higher (look at where Arse have got) bit its certainly different

Back