• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

I wouldn't say Stones has had a false dawn, potentially overhyped yes but he's been playing pretty well although does make the odd mistake. Will clearly be a top level defender in the coming years. He's also been unfortunate that Kompany hasn't been around to learn of.

Stones to me is no better than Dier ... and that is with Dier having to be a utility player, I'm not sure Stones will ever be the category of a Jan/Toby/Kompany.

Sanchez has all the tools, keeping the aptitude and getting the experience is what matters now.

I guess its only me because no-one else has posted but I don't have a lot of confidence in this boy, he's definitely got ability and can pass his way out of trouble but he gives up a lot of fouls to experienced forwards who let him back into them, he's got pace but often fails to track a run like the Lacazette chance in the last minute, very much looking forward to toby coming back and maybe he can learn somethings from him.

I guess its only me because no-one else has posted but I don't have a lot of confidence in this boy, he's definitely got ability and can pass his way out of trouble but he gives up a lot of fouls to experienced forwards who let him back into them, he's got pace but often fails to track a run like the Lacazette chance in the last minute, very much looking forward to toby coming back and maybe he can learn somethings from him.

He’s young, really young for a CB. So sure, his lack of experience shows sometimes.

I don’t think it was a lack of tracking the run today, he just misjudged the pace or spin or angle of the ball I think and got the wrong side of the attacker.

That apart, he was really good today.

It's pretty much only you.
I don't think many are blind to areas of his game that should develop. I would hope that our manager - being a former defender - is pretty clear on such things. Davinson has spoken about how Pochettino discussed improving his game at the outset.
I doubt there's many who would go as far as you to say that they don't have a lot of confidence in him. Vertonghen was pretty effusive when talking about him recently; it sounded more than the nice lip-service you'd pay to a team-mate when asked about them.

He is lucky playing alongside verts this season, has a long way to go and should improve his positioning. But we have a man who can be the best defender in the world 5 years later. Hope he will continue progressing.

If we can get De Ligt and De Jong in from Ajax we will have central defence sorted for the next 10 years if we continue to play 3 at the back.

Ajax never sign crap players do they, they can always play with the ball at their feet.

There was another sublime moment from him first half when, off the ball, as the Goons broke free ahead of our defence he brilliantly blocked off another Arse attacker who would otherwise have been clean through on goal.

Nearly undone it all at the end by letting Lacazette through for his chance - not sure what went wrong there but iirc he shouldn't have let it bounce

Modern football is weird.

A CB making one tackle in a game! Just seems odd.

Same stat for Dembele in CM.

It's a team collective of ushering players wide or in less dangerous positions.

Tackling usually means it's a last ditch attempt to stop something happening against us.

Back