• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

He is top drawer, King and Sol were making more mistakes or playing in midfield at his age, the bloke is gonna be one of the best in the world

Would agree with this 100%, from his first game for us he looked like a REAL player ( posted it on here somewhere). He has got all the tools to be a major player for us.

Davinson is still not as fluid defensively, but he's effective. Reminds me of a golfer who hits his drive in the rough, his next shot in the bunker, but still manages to get it within a few yards of the hole and get his birdie. With time he'll be hitting fairway, fairway and putt for an eagle.

Well, I remember arguing back in August that we had spent one of the largest fees *ever* for a defender when we signed this guy (and thus, that Ajax hadn't been shafted by us on the price at least).

September, October, November, most of December. That's how long it took for that fee to be utterly blown to shreds in this insane, hyper-accelerating football bubble.

And the funny part is that Van Dijk is certainly not going to be as good as Davinson is *right now* - and that's despite having five years on the guy. :p Ah, well.

When Sanchez leaves to Barcelona or wherever, if we benchmark his value on the Van Dijk fee and he gets even better than he is now (which isn't an unreasonable assumption given that, again, he's only 21), then we're looking at Neymar money at the very least. 200m plus, not a cent off the price. :D

he has a mature head on those young shoulder, even though he had mare for a couple of games before his suspension

I like the lad, long may his trajectory go on up - normally, most players coming in need a season under their belt to show their quality under Poche's guidance, this lad, like Alli, has hit the ground running for me. Bags of talent, just keep him grounded

he has a mature head on those young shoulder, even though he had mare for a couple of games before his suspension

I like the lad, long may his trajectory go on up - normally, most players coming in need a season under their belt to show their quality under Poche's guidance, this lad, like Alli, has hit the ground running for me. Bags of talent, just keep him grounded

I agree, Indo. He seems a very mature player and has taken to the PL like a duck to water.

To be fair he's had Belgian awesomeness to his left and right for quite a few of his early games. which must have helped him settle and bring his confidence up plus I'm sure Poch has been able to give him some CB pointers here and there!!

There's an interesting piece with his first (IIRC?) professional coach. He sings Sanchez' praises to the high heavens and goes on to say what an incredibly grounded guy he is now for one so young. I'm sure there's a link or two in the earlier pages of this thread if you missed it first time around.

I agree, Indo. He seems a very mature player and has taken to the PL like a duck to water.

To be fair he's had Belgian awesomeness to his left and right for quite a few of his early games. which must have helped him settle and bring his confidence up plus I'm sure Poch has been able to give him some CB pointers here and there!!

There's an interesting piece with his first (IIRC?) professional coach. He sings Sanchez' praises to the high heavens and goes on to say what an incredibly grounded guy he is now for one so young. I'm sure there's a link or two in the earlier pages of this thread if you missed it first time around.

Grew up in a poor house that worked hard ... hard work always pays in the end ... eventually

He’s too beastly for this league. His beastliness gets him into trouble with the pussy refs that think he is hurting the little players and so the refs protect the players from his beastliness and so he will never make it I’m afraid. He will do well in UFC though.

He’s too beastly for this league. His beastliness gets him into trouble with the pussy refs that think he is hurting the little players and so the refs protect the players from his beastliness and so he will never make it I’m afraid. He will do well in UFC though.

Hung over this morning?

Been really impressed with him since he arrived but he's looked a bit shaky in the last few games. His decision making in particular. Still I guess I shouldn't forget how young he is and accept that he's still getting used to the league.

Back